style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold my car on may 14 2014, the person who bought it said they only had half the money so an agreement was to pay the rest over the next 5 months. After five months i realised that the person had no intention of paying the to me and i had already spent the deposit he gave me. anyhow, he eventually stated that when U give him back his deposit he will give me back the vehicle.

I paid the guy his money in August 2015. In November 2015 I left my house to go to work only to see my vehicle clamped. I called the number on the paper that was on the window and he said that the car will be removed unless full payment for a PCN was paid in full. This pcn was issued while the car was owned by the guy I sold it to. V5 form was filled and during the time he had the vehicle it was registered to him.

I felt that i had to pay the PCN to prevent even more charges so i did in November 2015.

My question is can i get a full refund? £547

I would appreciate any advice.

If the |V5 was filled in and showed that you were not the registered keeper then you should not have paid the EA. Complain to the LA that issued the PCN to see if they will refund the money as you were not the keeper or responsible for the offence..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

If the |V5 was filled in and showed that you were not the registered keeper then you should not have paid the EA. Complain to the LA that issued the PCN to see if they will refund the money as you were not the keeper or responsible for the offence..

I think get2kye needs to clarify if the V5 was sent to the DVLA rather than just filled in.

My impression from what he says is that it was completed but not sent due to the outstanding payments for the car.

I would also add that as you paid this in November 2015, getting any sort of refund now is going to be very difficult.