Should i accept this from Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If Lowells are late in paying you the £500 FOS award or are refusing to pay, contact the FOS to complain.

I think normally they have to pay you within 30 days of you accepting the FOS ruling.

They are never going to pay you any more, unless you took them to court and won.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

that's what I am asking. even though they may pay the £500 in the next few days. The date it should have been paid by was 11/02/16. So I have charged them a late payment fee which they have said in writing they will not pay. So can I take them to the small claims court for the late payment fee?

I am not really bothered about the money. I just want them to have a small part of the agro they gave me and if that means them having to attend court to defend it I will be happy with that. Even better if I won would be to send the bailiffs in

no you cant..you'd be crushed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's what I am asking. even though they may pay the £500 in the next few days. The date it should have been paid by was 11/02/16. So I have charged them a late payment fee which they have said in writing they will not pay. So can I take them to the small claims court for the late payment fee?

I am not really bothered about the money. I just want them to have a small part of the agro they gave me and if that means them having to attend court to defend it I will be happy with that. Even better if I won would be to send the bailiffs in

Your late payment fee has no legal basis for a court to look at.

In cases where people have won harassment claims in court, people have had a long written record of all issues and have sent those chasing debts letters with details of costs incurred in responding. When they have finally won in court, they have then had full documented records of everything, so a Judge could award a relevant sum.

Don't go down the route of thinking court are there to help the public. They have always served the interest of creditors, who can employ Solicitors who know how the system works. Trying to get back at these people will cost time and money, you never get back.

If you have ongoing Data Protection issues, then get advice from the ICO.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks. It was worth a try. I would have been happy with a sincere apology from them really but they don't even have the decency to do that. **** that lot of them

When i had a complaint with Lowell when they chased a debt to my address relating to another person, i received compensation and an apology letter. But it took ages to get to that point. They even admitted that letters to the CEO which were sent ages before, were ignored and simply filed away.

At some point in the future, i suspect the debt collection industry/CRA's will come under more focus with media, regulators, HMRC and parliament. I just sense something is not quite right and eventually light will be shone on some issues which will grab attention. So do keep all correspondence, as you never know they might come in handy.

If you are still being linked with others incorrectly on CRA records, the ICO should be able to help.

• 3 weeks later...

i think that is now your only option, difficult to see how they would defend on the basis of the FOS ruling

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.