• Tweets

• yep easy one as there are loads of them. use our search top right.   lowell claimform vanquish   post it up here 1st mind...   due date by 4pm friday 6th nov.   dx  
    • I asked you how long it has been with the manufacturer and what are you doing to try and get it back. It seems to me to be a bit ominous that they have it – which means that they have the evidence in their possession. What does the manufacturer claim about these cylinders? Have you looked on their website? Have you looked at the website of the plumbers merchant to see what they say about them? I think you need to start accumulating some fairly authoritative -looking evidence – as well as anecdotes from the Internet. Is your retired plumber prepared to get involved and is he prepared to give his opinion in a statement as to the expected life of the cylinder and the likely cause of the failure of your one?
    • Dear All,    Thank you so much for all your support. Neither of us were aware of using GDPR till  you put us right. We shall follow your advice and get back to you in a few days.   Warm regards BF
    • Thank you for the advice.    I have looked around for opinion on the lifetime of a copper cylinder. As usual with the Internet there are a wide range of opinion and experience. Ignoring those experiencing premature failures the general view is 15 to 20 years, certainly more than 10 years. The potable water in this area is does have some mineral content but it is relatively low. When I removed my own water cylinder after 25 years there was very little sign of scale, the cylinder was still showing no external sign of corrosion, but the copper had become thin and it proved easy to break. So I think 15 years should be a minimum, allowing for the 'fact' that 'current products have been value engineered' when compared with those of 30 years ago. (as has also happened with the reduced wall thickness of copper pipe)   My personal view is that the materials of construction were not fit for purpose, either through an inclusion in the copper sheet, or the forming of the copper sheet resulted in it being too thin where the immersion heater boss was attached, or probably a combination of both conditions.   Again my thanks for your help, I will discuss with my neighbor and let him determine.his next step.            
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1726 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am starting a new thread on this as advised on my last thread,

I have been re-paying a Lloyds Loan for years through Step-Change until just recently when things have deteriorated again

the loan was originally taken out circa in 1997, after suddenly stopping my overdraft and pushing me further in to debt, Lloyds then basically force-sold me a "consolidation" re- loan, pushing the original loan from 7k to 15k, this was in 2007

I was sold PPI with the original loan, even though I was Self-Employed and PPI was not applicable, and the PPI continued on the consolidation Loan

Following my last thread here, I have requested both Lloyds and Akinika (who the debt was passed on to a while ago) copy of agreement and statements etc

Lloyds obliged pretty quickly and the PPI clearly states on it, but the agreement and statements are only related to the second "consolidation" loan, nothing about the original loan of 1997

How do I go about to request copies of the documents related to that without knowing the account details or number?

And assuming I can obtain those, how do I then go about to hit them with a request to get repayment of PPI for the overall period?

Any help appreciated here

I am starting a new threadicon on this as advised on my last thread,

I have been re-paying a Lloyds Loan for years through Step-Change until just recently when things have deteriorated again

the loan was originally taken out circa in 1997, after suddenly stopping my overdraft and pushing me further in to debt, Lloyds then basically force-sold me a "consolidation" re- loan, pushing the original loan from 7k to 15k, this was in 2007

I was sold PPIicon with the original loan, even though I was Self-Employed and PPI was not applicable, and the PPI continued on the consolidation Loan

Following my last thread here, I have requested both Lloyds and Akinika (who the debt was passed on to a while ago) copy of agreement and statements etc

Lloyds obliged pretty quickly and the PPI clearly states on it, but the agreement and statements are only related to the second "consolidation" loan, nothing about the original loan of 1997

How do I go about to request copies of the documents related to that without knowing the account details or number?

And assuming I can obtain those, how do I then go about to hit them with a request to get repayment of PPI for the overall period?

Any help appreciated here

Sar time

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

It turns up the original loan was re-loaned twice,

the original was taken out in 1995

and then in 1999 was closed and re-opened for whatever reason,

then consolidated in 2007,

when filling the SAR, should I quote both 1995 and 1999 account numbers? (the one of 2007 I have already received all copies of agreement etc),

I do not have the complete address of where I was in 1995,

missing the post code,

should I still quote that incomplete address?

and where on the letter?

many thanks

just add the details you know to the top sentence...

make sure you underline the bit about wanting all SAR info

and a ctax bill for where you are now is important to enclose too.

if its a chain

you should be in for quite a large refund.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, a copy of the council tax bill, or would a reference number be enough?

also do I include just one postal order for £10? Could they interpret as 2 single accounts requiring £10 each?

just the ctax bill

don't need ref number

they wont have access to what that means

its simply proof of who and where you are now

on a official letter.

FWIW: ive seen numerous Lloyds SAR's produce statements back well into the early 1990's

one went back to 1983

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

That's crazy. 7k to 15k?

yes it was, I fell behind on the first loan and in the course of the years between 97 and 2007 went further in to debts with credit cards, work dried out completely and then in 2007 Lloyds suddenly decided to stop my overdraft causing real havoc,then they summoned me and practically gave me no option other than "consolidating" all debts in to another massive new loan (with them!)...the cost on my life and family was disastrous..

UPDATe

Lloyds has sent back the PO because they say they I have asked for information on a product they do not manage!!

I rang the number on the letter and they are saying that for infos on a loan dated before 2000 I have to speak with the local branch,

I told them the local branch has located the old loan on the system but they can't provide me with the documents (as it is pre-2000)

and they put me on hold to a puzzled manager,

who gave me a different address to re-direct the SAR and £30 for the inconvenience..

.will post further update

You send the same to their head office and its up to them to sort it. Chances are they know they don't have Info anymore so they're bricking it. I bet there's no CCA either

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

others are playing the same game as well,

Akinika, who took over the very same debt from Lloyds,

has written back saying that they are still waiting for the original creditor (Lloyds) to provide them with documents,

then there is Cabbot, who took over another old Lloyds credit card debt

and again just wrote saying that the original creditor (Lloyds!!) hasn't been able to provide anything

..I will start a separate thread on those