PCN - incorrect contravention location - Please help 2 days left!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, i've been trying to register to other forums (more than 14 days!!) but cant even register, thank this website i was able to register and post for help!!

I have a PCN here with correct picture and vehicle registration number, but the contravention address is not printed clearly, cannot even read it. The stated junction does not exist; Colney Hatch Lane with Alexandra Road.

The juniction with Colney Hatch Lane is Alexandra PARK road, not Alexandra Road. Although Alexadra Road exists near Colny Hatch Lane, it is not a junction with it.

google maps coords: 51.603039, -0.142909 (this is Alexandra Road, Colney Hatch Lane is near it but not a junction).

I don't have permission to post links or images as i'm new here, but basically on the letter the only part of the location is readable is Colney Hatch Lane j/w Alexandra £$£$@£%^$%. That last part is jumbled up like that, also no postcode. The online details held also states Alexandra Road N10, which is wrong.

Do i have grounds for this? i believe i do with the incorrect location but i don't know how to word it. I have like 2 days left (thanks to the other forums). Many thanks.

pcn challenge.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 02.26.18.jpg

Edited by needforspeed

First, If you can do it in time, I would check with the council what the official name of "Alexandra Park Road" is, and that it is distinct from "Alexandra Road". There will be a department called Highways or something who will have maps and so on, who will be able to tell you.

Then appeal on the basis that there has been an impropriety. Explain what you have said here, and that no such location exists.

I'm not sure how this will pan out, but you have a decent chance.

thanks guys for replying so quick!!

@mikeymack2002

I totally missed that one!! thanks.

@Jamberson

I didn't have time to go to the council or phone them up, but i found some details from their website:

"The register lists all streets within Haringey, who is responsible for maintaining them and whether the road has been adopted or not."

When i search for "Alexandra Road", this is the list returned: (i've only copied the ones with N10)

Alexandra Road.jpg

Search with "Alexandra Park Road":

Alexandra Park Road.jpg

Well, with the first image, Grosvenor Rd connects with Alexandra PARK road (coords 51.598833, -0.137501) if thats what the search result is referring to (aarrggg!!), it is route B106 but not stated in the search (a bonus?).

I have never challenged a pcn so how would i word it? What would be gounds for appealing be? something like this at the end will be ok? or a bit overkill? Found this on the net:

Should you reject my appeal please be warned that i will constitute any further unwanted contact as harassment and will sue as per Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA Civ 46 (10 February 2009) , Roberts v Bank of Scotland Plc (Rev 1) [2013] EWCA Civ 882 (11 June 2013) and Bank of Scotland v Johnson (Rev 1) [2013] EWCA Civ 982 (19 June 2013).

Ditto what Michael said about the harassment stuff. Totally counter-productive.

When you write an appeal, it doesn't have to be anything complicated or legal. Just explain in plain English you received a PCN in xxxx. However the PCN gives the street name as xxx which is in a different location. Therefore, the PCN is invalid - and please would they cancel it.

Just a letter along those lines, quoting the PCN number and your name and address.

• 1 month later...