digital media as defined by CRA 2015

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what exactly does digital media of content mean?

suppose someone asks for something that I email to them, is that digital content?

supposing I order a psychic or tarot reading on line (whether people agree to such things or not)

and I get it, read it and later it turns out to not be true.

..is that digital content if the site says for entertainment purposes only.

if I order racing tips from a tipster online,

he emails them to me and they don't win

...is that digital content?

any insight to this would be a great help:???:

Edited by cheagavara
typo

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for that but I'm still not clear.

if I go to a site and request an astrological horoscope reading,

one that's personal to me not one based on generic birth month,

or I go to a online psychic and request they carry out a psychic reading for me,

when they do this can I say "i don't agree with that I want a refund" the point being is this digital content

or a personalised product based on the persons opinion, insight, vison, belief etc....

...I don't get which it is

in this article is a line

"but many in the content industry argue that digital content is anything that can be published" if I have something written for me personally and emailed to me is that published? it cant be downloaded as it is only delivered to my in box and doesn't exist anywhere else

Essentially it is an intangible-something you cannot hold.

So, buy an online gaming code or a horoscope and you have no protection if it doesnt work.

The gaming co selling the code will undoubtedly be able to check if the code has been used (or at least an attempt)

and do somehting about it if they wish but not actually obliged to as it is treated as a work of art

ie not having a purpose in itself, unlike a car which is designed to get you from A to B.

Now it gets complicated

when you take the laws of other countires into account as the internet is everywhere simultaneously

and you wuill find that digital music and film has its own laws that disadvantage the consumer

compared to the rights of the consumer when they actually have a disc or tape

when in reality the rights claimed often dont belong to the person claiming them.

Copyright for the digital written word can similarly be claimed or treated the same as the written word

so ebooks are covered adn that would make the horoscope purchased subject to copyright

but not subject to any guarantee even if there is no disclaimer.

Essentially it is an intangible-something you cannot hold. So, buy an online gaming code or a horoscope and you have no protection if it doesnt work. The gaming co selling the code will undoubtedly be able to check if the code has been used (or at least an attempt) and do somehting about it if they wish but not actually obliged to as it is treated as a work of art ie not having a purpose in itself, unlike a car which is designed to get you from A to B.

Now it gets complicated when you take the laws of other countires into account as the internet is everywhere simultaneously and you wuill find that digital music and film has its own laws that disadvantage the consumer compared to the rights of the consumer when they actually have a disc or tape when in reality the rights claimed often dont belong to the person claiming them. Copyright for the digital written word can similarly be claimed or treated the same as the written word so ebooks are covered adn that would make the horoscope purchased subject to copyright but not subject to any guarantee even if there is no disclaimer.

thank you for that insight........so, if for example I offer to do you a horoscope reading, a tarot reading, a crystal ball reading or a send me your tea leaf reading (I know we all use bags lol) and I say "tall dark stranger" and you meet a blonde midget (no offence to short people intended) that you know, you cant say "i wont my money back because your reading didn't work for me".....ist that the bottom line as far as digital content under consumer rights act 2015?