Caught shoplifting at TK Max, already got my RLP letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like mentioned in title I was caught shoplifting at TK Maxx. Long story short. The police was called and I was taken to their small room for a search. TK got all their stuff back. The police gave me a warning and I had to sign the paper saying that I am willing to give my personal details to the store so they can send me the letter from RLP. Their job ended there. I was told by the store manager to wait for the letter from RLP and so it came a few days ago. They want me to pay 270 pounds.

In general Im not from UK. I am an exchange student going back home by the end of jan. In the paper (notice given by tk maxx) only my current uk address has been written down. They also have my full name and date of birth.

My question is :

What may happen if I just ignore the letter. Can Tk max obtain more details regarding my persona from the police in order to take me to court? Is it possible this can chase me back to my country (personally I dont think they will want to)?

If you need any extra info, just ask. Could really use some advice.

Cheers

Hi and welcome to CAG

Ignore RLP. They can do nothing to you. Only TKMaxx can take any action but they don't bother as it wouldn't be worth their while.

You say you are going home soon. They won't be able to chase you abroad and even if you came back there would still be nothing they can do.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Is it possible TK could get the police involved in this again or attain any extra details about me?

Nope. The police have already dealt with you by the warning given. They will not be involved again.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE