Packaged Bank Account Reclaim

kkatiew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a final response letter from Lloyds in regards to claiming back packaged bank account fees.

Lloyds are saying that because I applied online and there was no physical person to give advise

then the onus was on me for checking the box to the t&c's.

Admittedly, I did not read these

however the reason I upgraded my account was because I thought travel insurance was included which apparently never has been on the Select Account.

My question is, do I accept this response ?

Many Thanks

Hi,

I have recently received a final response letter from Lloyds in regards to my claim for packaged accounts fees. Lloyds are saying that because I upgraded my account online and there was no physical person there to advise me, the onus was on me for clicking the t&c's button. Admittedly, I didn't read these.

I only upgrade the account as I thought travel insurance was included which it turns out it was never included in the select account.

My question is, am I to accept this response ?

Kind Regards

Katie

The basis of most mis-selling complaints is that we were told what they wanted us to hear verbally, got us to sign agreements and we were not made fully aware of the details at the point of sale.

By buying into an account online you are not being mid-sold something unless you can prove some advertising/person at the bank mis-led you into thinking travel insurance was included.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know where the information came from but I obviously got the impression that travel insurance was included somewhere. Although 10 years on, I was still paying for a packaged bank account :s

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
Hi, The final decision is that I should have read the terms and conditions when I applied online. If I had applied in branch or by phone, it would have been very different.

Thats irrelevant and you are being fobbed off....In Branch or On line.

1.6 The key new rules we consulted on were (in summary):

• A firm must take reasonable steps to establish whether the customer is eligible to claim

under each policy and inform them whether or not they would be eligible to claim.

• A firm must provide the customer with an annual eligibility statement that sets out any

qualifying requirements to claim under each policy and remind them to review whether

they meet these requirements.

• The steps a firm must take to ensure the suitability of its advice on a policy included in

the package.

2.9 There were also some concerns that the process required by the new eligibility rules might

make the sales process unnecessarily long so customers do not complete it; that it might

not work for all sales channels such as telephone or internet and that additional costs of

implementing the rules might cause changes in the product or price offered to consumers.

We were asked to consider focusing the rules on the policies the customer is interested in or

needs, and that for sales of travel insurance where a customer has a pre-existing medical

condition, eligibility for this condition should be assessed post-sale.

Escalate it to the FOS

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Features and benefits

Breakdown cover

UK Roadside Assistance whether you're in your own vehicle or someone else's.

Mobile phone insurance

Worldwide cover for loss, theft, damage and breakdown (including faults).

Planned Overdraft

You can apply for a Planned Overdraft where up to the first £50 is interest and fee-free.

Card Loss Assistance

Help for when your credit, debit and store cards get lost or stolen. You can register the cards of your family if they live with you.

Certainly does not state Travel Insurance

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Well I got back to.Lloyds and said I wasn't happy with their response and a guy called back last night. He wanted to ask me a couple of questions and said he would be back in touch either today or Monday.

Keep at them Katie....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Lindy,

I received a phonecall to say that all my correspondence and Lloyds has been compiled and sent out to me by special delivery

- I got the Royal Mail card on Saturday when I was out.

The guy on the phone said that the previous decision still stands

and if I have any queries once I receive the documents,

then to get back to him.

So I am taking it that they have not changed their decision.

Thanks

Katie

Hi Kkatie

I had to appeal a Lloyds complaint team decision recently.

i took it to the CEO.

He didn't respond to me in person but my complaint got upheld and in addition a cheque for £+

to cover the inconvenience was sent to me.

Drop a line addressed to the CEO, you have nothing to lose,

at least then you know you have tried everything to get your complaint looked at a bit more fairly and not being 'fobbed off'

Send recorded delivery of course or if money is tight, use certificate of posting:-)

Hi Lindy,

I did go through the chief exec route and have today picked up the recorded delivery from them. It is all communication from Lloyds which is 3 letters, one saying we are looking into it, one saying sorry for the delay here's £25 for the wait and the last one is the final response letter saying unfortunately as I applied online then the onus lies with me for not reading the t&c's.

So that's that then.

Thanks

Katie

Escalate it to the fos...nothing to lose.