Cabot asking for payment for LLOYDS TSB credit card debt.

scrivenger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Andy - just received last transaction information. On the 15th April 2009 two transactions took place on the account. Both were payments made to the account, one was for £1 the other for £201 pounds. That was the last time the account was active I assume. They also said that the account was placed into recovery on the 28th October 2009.

:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy - just received last transaction information. On the 15th April 2009 two transactions took place on the account. Both were payments made to the account, one was for £1 the other for £201 pounds. That was the last time the account was active I assume. They also said that the account was placed into recovery on the 28th October 2009.

So if you made no payments after April 09, then the account would have gone into default in about June/July 09, so will be statute barred. With credit cards, it is usually about 2 months after a missed bill that the default is registered.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Assuming they have issued a Default Notice UB......had a couple of cases were the Court accepted defaulting upto one year later was acceptable and the cause of action...madness.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Assuming they have issued a Default Notice UB......had a couple of cases were the Court accepted defaulting upto one year later was acceptable and the cause of action...madness.

A case of examining the account t&c's,

asking for copy of default notice and

a copy of the creditors internal account processing manual.

All companies covered by FSA/FCA, have to have fully documented processes for accounts,

which shows how their staff should deal with customer accounts.

This is so that it is possible for auditors to check that the company is maintaining the financial standards expected under FCA handbook.

When you get audited, they check a load of random customer accounts and compare it with the process guides/maps.

Would suggest that the default a year later is an exceptional case or the creditor did not have to disclose the standard process model they followed to meet account terms, as well as regulators financial standards.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

they have 12+2 working days from the day you sent it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just received today 12th Jan a letter from Cabot dated 8th Jan.

QTE You recently sent us a payment by postal order,

unfortunately we were not able to cash this postal order because there was no payee filed out . UNQTE

Then

QTE When sending your cheque to us, please ensure the amount of payment is stated on the cheque UNQTE

I left the PO blank as suggested above but I had filled the amount in!

I imagine this is a stalling tactic by Cabot but

my question is does the clock still tick re the 12+2 days from the day I sent the CCA request

or has this letter negated that?

Thanks in anticipation..

yep std crap.

send it back

and no don't use a cheque or sign anything.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you could write cabot on it

send another cca request

as you are not paying the 12+2 working days are immaterial really.

until/unless the produce an enforceable agreement

they cant demand anything

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Today, 23rd Jan, letter received from Cabot.. .......... 'We confirm that we do not hold all your information on file, therefore we have requested a copy of the Agreement and Statement of account from the original creditor and will forward to you upon receipt. The account is on hold whilst we await this information.'

How long do they have to provide this information?

Thanks in advance

doesnt appear to be one, yet.

scrivenger - if it was placed in recovery oct 09 (that usually indicates a prior default), and no payment/acknowlegment since then, bar looks likely :)

Just sit back and wait for those at Cabot to say we will leave your account on hold as the original credit needs to find the agreement. When that arrives don't start letter tennis its counter productive. Their letter will state they have 40 days to comply not true...

Simply wait and keep ALL letters from Cabot. Then only respond to them within say 30 days between each letter. Then stay off of the phone unless you are recording it....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 2 years later...

Good Afternoon,

I'm after some assistance please with the following:-

I received today in the post a letter from CABOT regarding my account. It states that 'as we have not been able to come to a mutual arrangement to repay your account, Cabot Financial will be passing your account out to Ruthbridge Limited, a debt collection agency.'

My previous dealings with Cabot involved me sending an SB letter that was kindly supplied by yourselves. That was over 7 or 8 years ago now and I hadn't heard from them until today.

My question is should I send another SB letter to Ruthbridge or should I just ignore them?. I'm assuming Cabot have sold the debt on and that Ruthbridge will just use slimeball tactics to try and convince me that I still owe.

TIA

Scrivenger

which debt is this

the citi card

or

the Lloyds card

and they

threads merged for history

cabot have not sold the debt anywhere

if you read the letter carefully

you'll see ruths are just another trading name/sol? and their client is cabot.

since you sent the old SB letter

the rules have change and the FCA conc rules have come into force

send cabot our new SB letter

in the debt collection section of our library

you should then hear nothing more

since

and they

Ok, i'm very grateful for your advice. I will follow it and send a revised SB letter to CABOT. However I am unable to find any refereance in either letter to Ruthbridge being a solicitor. Grateful if you could show me where.

TIA

Scrivenger

correct just another cabot trading name

and they

both?

dx

and they