BankFodder BankFodder

dobbyyyy7

IconCollections Football League Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I arranged for me and some friends to enter a 5-a-side football league set up by a company called 'Football Mundial' which I 100% do not recommend by the way.

The league was ran very poorly and we decided to pack it in after a few weeks. They continued to charge us for games which we did not turn up at when we chose not to participate. I let them know via email we no longer wanted to participate in the league.

They are now chasing me for £222 for not turning up to games.

The letter states the following

"RE - Football Mundial

Amount Due £222

we have been instructed by Football Mundial to commence formal debt recovery proceedings against you.

TAKE NOTICE

There will be no further reminders sent to you or any opportunities for you to delay this payment any longer.

SHould you with to avoid a COURT SUMMONS being served on you, payment must be made in full within the next 3 working days using the pre-paid envelope enclosed. Alternatively we accept all major credit and debit cards.

We are advised you have been previously furnished with full details of our clients claim, however please telephone our offices immediately should this not be the case and we shall endeavour to resolve any query you may have.

Please note that our client has considered legal action therefore any litigation issued against you may result in your credit rating being adversely affected."

I responded to this letter via e-Mail to the debt collection company saying;

"Hello,

Just so you know there will be NO payment made within 3 days. Please call me if you have any questions.

I have told your client that I am not paying this 'Fee' for 'Not turning up to games'

I was never told by the organisation of the consequences of not showing up to a game. Nor was I shown a written agreement from the organisation. Which also means I certainly have not signed an agreement.

Thank you,

(edit)

As you can see above I have never seen or signed an agreement from this company so I am looking for advise on what to do next? I am yet to receive a response from my e-Mail.

Thanks

Hi dobbyyyy7 and welcome to CAG

I will move your thread to the appropriate forum...were you will get the best advice on how to proceed with this matter.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Shame you let then have your number, watch the harassment flow!

Who is the DCA? Name please.

Keep everything in writing or email as you have done, never EVER discuss this over the phone with anyone, unless you can record your calls, they will deny everything they have said, unless it is advantageous for them.

By the look of that very amateur letter, this would be one of the low life bottom feeders on a NWNF.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your response. Where would the DCA be stated? I can't see it on the letter

Thanks for your response. Where would the DCA be stated? I can't see it on the letter

Usually in the header or footnote? Is not Icon Collections as per your thread title?

Usually in the header or footnote? Is not Icon Collections as per your thread title?

Ha ha, brilliant, can you tell I've not long got up!!!

So, is it these clowns?

https://www.iconcollections.com/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ah yes, the header is;

"icon collections international ltd"

Yeah, just been looking at their website, quite a joke for a Monday morning, they even lay out fees that the creditor can charge the alleged debtor!!!!

As with all powerless DCA's, they will bombard you with some scary missives, and no doubt harass you by telephone, before giving up.

If they do ring, laugh and hang up.

Thanks Andy,

Am I right in thinking that, if I have never seen an agreement, let alone signed one then they have no right to request money from me regardless of the circumstance?

They can request what they wish...the question is whether you will fall for the threats of courts and summons and pay the DCA ? Without an agreement then loss can not be proved or litigated in a court of law.

Okay thanks.

There is no way I am giving in, I will just wait for a response from the DCA regarding the e-Mail that I sent them.

If they call & mention they are from the DCA or Football Mundial do you suggest I hang up?

Preferably after you ask them to put it in writing as you do not discuss these matters over the phone.

Do NOT engage these fools on the phone, if they ring you can either tell them ''Everything in writing'' and hang up, or just laugh and hang up.

The outcome will be the same, they'll get bored and harass someone they can intimidate.

TS and the CMA might like to hear about the antics of this 'Footbal Mundial' outfit.Consider dropping them a complaint.

WoW!! Is all I can say, have a read of their T&C's......incredible!

http://footballmundial.com/pages/league-services

http://footballmundial.com/apply