BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• The latest dispute comes after Twitter added fact-check links to the president's tweets for the first time. View the full article
    • the property is not yours you are not on the deeds you are/were not ever on the mortgage..   stop trying to do their job in scamming you.        
    • Capital assessments are based on the:   amount or value of the asset at the time of the application outcome of checks carried out to protect against fraud As with income assessments the partner's share of the equity is included in these calculations - unless there is contrary interest. Just found the above in the law society website.  So am I screwed.  So confused.   
    • I am bound to say that their alleged contract is probably the weirdest I have seen. Considering it is supposed to be a serious legal contract to set out the conditions under which CEL manage the parking on land that does not belong to them it leaves a lot to be desired.   For a start it does not comply with the BPA Code of Practice which is   7.3 a the definition of the land on which you may operate, so that the boundaries of the land can be clearly defined b any conditions or restrictions on parking control and enforcement operations, including any restrictions on hours of operation c any conditions or restrictions on the types of vehicles that may, or may not, be subject to parking control and enforcement d who has the responsibility for putting up and maintaining signs e the definition of the services provided by each party to the agreement.   So no mention of hours: no mention of types of vehicle restrictions: no mention of who is responsible for the erection and maintenance of signage   and much more serious -no mention that CEL have to comply with the BPA Code of conduct-that one is listed on 7.1.    All it states is that the operator can pursue outstanding PCNs in accordance with the COP but that is not the same as saying that CEL will abide by the CoP which it must say.   Also AFAIK the only entity that can pursue for trespass is the land owner regardless of what this quasi agreement says. There is also no mention of the financial aspect of the arrangement nor how the long it lasts and what notice is required for either side to terminate.     It might be worth writing [not emailing ] to Medburn Estates asking them to confirm if this is the only agreement with CEL and whether they think it right that CEL have not received planning permission for their signs from the Council rendering their signs illegal which is more serious than unlawful and therefore all PCNs issued are worthless and should not have been issued as it is impossible to form a contract with motorists when the signs are illegal.   Also that as CEL are their agents Medburn Estates LTD are responsible for the actions of their agents. You could also ask them to cofirm that the signature on the paper is that of their Director, Anthony Brown and whether their copy has a counter signature of a CEL representative.   Carry on that CEL are taking you to Court and as another Judge has asked a Landowner to appear in front of him to explain their contract, whether it might be in the best interest of Medway to have a serious conversation with CEL to avoid any possible  embarrassments in your  [ie Laluna] Court appearance.   I have not looked much at your WS though it is looking good.   I would have mentioned that as they failed to comply with  Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007.   that they are in breach of their agreement CoP with BPA to keep to all the legal requirements in running their parking  operations.   It calls into question their right to apply for motorists data from the DVLA.   I would wait for their WS to arrive so that you can pick holes in that too. however watch that if they are late that you send yours off just within the Court guidelines.   What you are tying to do with your WS is to put your side of the case plus put CEL in as bad a light as possible for them to  decide that they don't really want to go to Court after all.
    • UncleB - where you write "This could lead you to facing the Bank in Court..."   1stly -  would that mean now?  by remote hearing?  Or when the courts open after the summer?   2ndly - Does the application for set aside automatically prevent the B hearing going ahead?   3rdly - Will sending in an application to have the B petition set aside mean that I have to disclose an address for service?   I can only give a mailing address   4thly - Could having an early (remote) set aside hearing potentially quicken up the process for the bank if I am obliged to give them a suitable place for service?  At the moment I assume the hearing was adjourned for lack of physical service.   I want/ need to get a set aside.  But don't want to shoot myself in the foot.  
  • Our picks

• View this quiz Employment status during COVID-19
      What do you do if you’ve been told not to come to work due to the current crisis.  Watch the video here or on the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page.

Did you learn anything? Do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 0 replies
    • One Parking Solutions - Damning judgement. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421148-one-parking-solutions-damning-judgement/
        • Thanks
      • 63 replies
    • View this quiz Coping with extreme hardship
      Life can be tough when you're entering the world of work and in the present virus crisis, things are even more difficult.

Watch the video below or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page . Afterwards, you can see if you've understood the points which are being made by taking the quiz.

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 8 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
    • View this quiz: Pre-pay meters
      An explanation of how some gas and electric companies offer emergency quarantine support.

Watch the video here – or go to the Youth Consumer Service Instagram page and watch it there. Then come back here and do the quiz

Submitter BankFodder Type One Right Answer Time 5 minutes Total Questions 6 Category The Youth Consumer Service Submitted 15/05/20  
      • 1 reply
buckthorn

EU demands foreign docs be allowed to work in UK WITHOUT any checks on qualifications

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1589 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The EU has barred the NHS from checking the qualifications of EU doctors and nurse, that means thousands of European doctors and nurses will be able to practice in this country without checks on their qualifications.

These new rules in the EU, mean they will be given electronic passports’ which will automatically allow them to practice in hospitals and GP’s surgeries.

Europe will issue these passports to nurses, midwives and some other medical staff from January 1st, and doctors in two years’ time, without checking their qualifications or whether they have lied or been suspended.

Also they will not be tested on their ability to speak English, because this would impede their ‘freedom of movement’ rights.

So if you ever become ill, I would suggest you try the vets after all they will most likely be better qualified than your doctor.

Now I've seen clearly English/British health staff (whatever their race colour or creed) that I would wish sacked on the spot, and staff for whom English was clearly a recently learned language whom I wish I could guarantee were the ones to look after me and mine.

Its the culture of tolerance of inadequacy and carelessness which is insidiously growing everywhere, especially 'services' that I would see changed.

• Haha 1

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346849/Betrayal-patient-NHS-barred-making-vital-checks-qualifications-foreign-doctors-new-EU-rules.html

Betrayal of every patient: NHS barred from making vital checks on the qualifications of foreign doctors under new EU rules

Electronic 'passports' will enable European doctors to work in hospitals, GP surgeries automatically

They will not have to undergo vital checks on qualifications and safety

'Passports' will be issued to EU nurses and midwives from January 1 and to doctors in two years

Almost 11,000 European doctors and nurses granted permission to work in NHS last year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346849/Betrayal-patient-NHS-barred-making-vital-checks-qualifications-foreign-doctors-new-EU-rules.html#ixzz3wAjX6rVn

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/624473/EU-foreign-doctors-work-UK-NHS-checks-qualifications

EU demands foreign docs be allowed to work in UK WITHOUT any checks on qualifications

THOUSANDS of foreign doctors will now be allowed to work in the NHS without vital checks on their qualifications and safety, potentially putting millions of vulnerable Britons at risk.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.headlines-news.com/2015/12/05/615732/betrayal-of-every-patient-nhs-barred-from-making-vital-checks-on-the-qualifications-of-foreign-doctors-under-new-eu-rules

Betrayal of every patient: NHS barred from making vital checks on the qualifications of foreign doctors under new EU rules

Thousands of European doctors and nurses will be allowed to work in the UK without vital checks on their qualifications and safety. Under new EU rules, they will be handed electronic 'passports' which automatically enable them to practise in hospitals and GP surgeries. Critics said the system shows a 'scandalous disregard' for patients – and regulators warned they will be unable to protect the public from unsafe health workers.

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Well now, who wants to stay in Europe if this is to happen ?

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Thread title amended and moved to NHS forum

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Its rather ridiculous that all that it needs is a delay for safety checks to be officially bypassed.

This should be legally challenged.

Well despite my doubts on what would perhaps be best for the British people overall, this has finally convinced me that out is the right way to vote.

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

Depends on whether you believe this or not. I suspect that the truth is that any employer within any EU country is entitlted to conduct the standard pre employment checks.

If you break your leg or have a heart attack in any country, do you start asking for proof of medical qualifications of the Doctors and Nurses helping you, before they start any treatment.

There is a dirty campaign being fought by both sides in the EU referendum debate and it is going to get worse. Please do question all of the information in these press articles and work out what the real situation might be.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Depends on whether you believe this or not. I suspect that the truth is that any employer within any EU country is entitlted to conduct the standard pre employment checks.

If you break your leg or have a heart attack in any country, do you start asking for proof of medical qualifications of the Doctors and Nurses helping you, before they start any treatment.

There is a dirty campaign being fought by both sides in the EU referendum debate and it is going to get worse. Please do question all of the information in these press articles and work out what the real situation might be.

Do you really think that the media would report so irresponsibly on such an important issue ?

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Theres a difference between having docters/nurses in hospitals in spain who jave passed western style exams and vetting, and someone totally inappropriate who has repeatedly tried and failed to get a job in an EU country but has got a EU medical qualification passport just because time ran out.

Imagine 80,000 migrants all applying in January after getting german visas .....

Its simply wrong that anyone get a national, let alone international qualification/certification without proper, competent and thorough vetting.

Do you really think that the media would report so irresponsibly on such an important issue ?

Yes!!!

NHS already has an issue with pre employment checks, as they have found staff without qualifications working for them, who they sourced from within the EU and outside the EU.

Whether they are a British, French or German etc hospital, it is always up to their Human resources staff to check on the qualifications, previous experience through references and interviewing, before they employ people for a role. No EU passport for qualified workers is going to replace all of the standard recruitment checks that should be carried out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Theres a difference between having docters/nurses in hospitals in spain who jave passed western style exams and vetting, and someone totally inappropriate who has repeatedly tried and failed to get a job in an EU country but has got a EU medical qualification passport just because time ran out.

Imagine 80,000 migrants all applying in January after getting german visas .....

Its simply wrong that anyone get a national, let alone international qualification/certification without proper, competent and thorough vetting.

Up to NHS and private hospital HR to conduct their normal recruitment checks.

This is a scare story.

I'm with unclebulgaria on this one - if the individual hospital/surgery doesn't carry out proper checks on someone's qualifications before employing them then this will make no difference as they would already be employing people with inadequate qualifications. It's now even easier to obtain fake degrees etc online.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Check all qualifications and references thoroughly and hopefully the right people will be employed. Imagine the claims if it turns out patients have been wrongly treated by non qualified staff, doesn't bare thinking about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10349596 - Are we going to see a repeat of this story ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I would hope that the trust / hopsital employing these people would actually their qualifications before employing them. Afterall, it's what any other company does.

I would hope that the trust / hopsital employing these people would actually their qualifications before employing them. Afterall, it's what any other company does.

Perhaps, but

"It means UK regulators will have to give applicants licences to practise without first checking they have the necessary qualifications and have not lied on forms or been suspended."

means that crucial (in my opinion) checks will have been made - not just unwanted - but against the 'rules'

Mind you, the mail online can't even use a spell checker for this crucial and 'critical' article.

Here is the detail

http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/services/free-movement-professionals/policy/european-professional-card/index_en.htm

here is nhsemployers view

http://www.nhsemployers.org/your-workforce/recruit/employer-led-recruitment/international-recruitment/mobility-of-health-professionals-across-europe

and here is how they intend to expand it

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/2011/June/30061104.asp

After 18 January 2016, regulatory bodies across Europe will be required to operate a warning system to alert each other when a professional is banned from practising in one country, to stop them posing a danger to patients in another EU country.

And we have seen how this type of things work when they are getting shot of their criminals ?

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Imagine the claims if it turns out patients have been wrongly treated by non qualified staff, doesn't bare thinking about.

That's going to be hard to do from the grave when it's too late.

You know that this is true when the only sources are the Mail and the Express.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Someone else started jumping on the bandwagon of silly remarks.

This is very worrying.

In every European country that I know of, there's an online register for medical professionals and it takes a couple of minutes to check if someone is qualified.

With the highly skilled criminals making forgeries of everything nowadays, I would be inclined to do such easy checks if I was working at nhs human resources.

Well now, who wants to stay in Europe if this is to happen ?

Usual Daily Mail racist claptrap.

The Mail comes out with stories like this on a daily basis, when put under scrutiny, often they are misleading or just downright untrue.

Personally I support us in being in EU, it gives ALL of us an opportunity to work within the whole of Europe, it is not a one way street, millions of Brits work abroad, my family runs a business in France, and no they were not checked if they could speak French.