EU demands foreign docs be allowed to work in UK WITHOUT any checks on qualifications

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The EU has barred the NHS from checking the qualifications of EU doctors and nurse, that means thousands of European doctors and nurses will be able to practice in this country without checks on their qualifications.

These new rules in the EU, mean they will be given electronic passports’ which will automatically allow them to practice in hospitals and GP’s surgeries.

Europe will issue these passports to nurses, midwives and some other medical staff from January 1st, and doctors in two years’ time, without checking their qualifications or whether they have lied or been suspended.

Also they will not be tested on their ability to speak English, because this would impede their ‘freedom of movement’ rights.

So if you ever become ill, I would suggest you try the vets after all they will most likely be better qualified than your doctor.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've seen clearly English/British health staff (whatever their race colour or creed) that I would wish sacked on the spot, and staff for whom English was clearly a recently learned language whom I wish I could guarantee were the ones to look after me and mine.

Its the culture of tolerance of inadequacy and carelessness which is insidiously growing everywhere, especially 'services' that I would see changed.

• Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346849/Betrayal-patient-NHS-barred-making-vital-checks-qualifications-foreign-doctors-new-EU-rules.html

Betrayal of every patient: NHS barred from making vital checks on the qualifications of foreign doctors under new EU rules

Electronic 'passports' will enable European doctors to work in hospitals, GP surgeries automatically

They will not have to undergo vital checks on qualifications and safety

'Passports' will be issued to EU nurses and midwives from January 1 and to doctors in two years

Almost 11,000 European doctors and nurses granted permission to work in NHS last year

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346849/Betrayal-patient-NHS-barred-making-vital-checks-qualifications-foreign-doctors-new-EU-rules.html#ixzz3wAjX6rVn

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/624473/EU-foreign-doctors-work-UK-NHS-checks-qualifications

EU demands foreign docs be allowed to work in UK WITHOUT any checks on qualifications

THOUSANDS of foreign doctors will now be allowed to work in the NHS without vital checks on their qualifications and safety, potentially putting millions of vulnerable Britons at risk.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.headlines-news.com/2015/12/05/615732/betrayal-of-every-patient-nhs-barred-from-making-vital-checks-on-the-qualifications-of-foreign-doctors-under-new-eu-rules

Betrayal of every patient: NHS barred from making vital checks on the qualifications of foreign doctors under new EU rules

Thousands of European doctors and nurses will be allowed to work in the UK without vital checks on their qualifications and safety. Under new EU rules, they will be handed electronic 'passports' which automatically enable them to practise in hospitals and GP surgeries. Critics said the system shows a 'scandalous disregard' for patients – and regulators warned they will be unable to protect the public from unsafe health workers.

BCOBS

Well now, who wants to stay in Europe if this is to happen ?

BCOBS

Thread title amended and moved to NHS forum

BCOBS

Its rather ridiculous that all that it needs is a delay for safety checks to be officially bypassed.

This should be legally challenged.

Well despite my doubts on what would perhaps be best for the British people overall, this has finally convinced me that out is the right way to vote.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Depends on whether you believe this or not. I suspect that the truth is that any employer within any EU country is entitlted to conduct the standard pre employment checks.

If you break your leg or have a heart attack in any country, do you start asking for proof of medical qualifications of the Doctors and Nurses helping you, before they start any treatment.

There is a dirty campaign being fought by both sides in the EU referendum debate and it is going to get worse. Please do question all of the information in these press articles and work out what the real situation might be.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Depends on whether you believe this or not. I suspect that the truth is that any employer within any EU country is entitlted to conduct the standard pre employment checks.

If you break your leg or have a heart attack in any country, do you start asking for proof of medical qualifications of the Doctors and Nurses helping you, before they start any treatment.

There is a dirty campaign being fought by both sides in the EU referendum debate and it is going to get worse. Please do question all of the information in these press articles and work out what the real situation might be.

Do you really think that the media would report so irresponsibly on such an important issue ?

BCOBS

Theres a difference between having docters/nurses in hospitals in spain who jave passed western style exams and vetting, and someone totally inappropriate who has repeatedly tried and failed to get a job in an EU country but has got a EU medical qualification passport just because time ran out.

Imagine 80,000 migrants all applying in January after getting german visas .....

Its simply wrong that anyone get a national, let alone international qualification/certification without proper, competent and thorough vetting.

The Tory Legacy

Do you really think that the media would report so irresponsibly on such an important issue ?

Yes!!!

NHS already has an issue with pre employment checks, as they have found staff without qualifications working for them, who they sourced from within the EU and outside the EU.

Whether they are a British, French or German etc hospital, it is always up to their Human resources staff to check on the qualifications, previous experience through references and interviewing, before they employ people for a role. No EU passport for qualified workers is going to replace all of the standard recruitment checks that should be carried out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Theres a difference between having docters/nurses in hospitals in spain who jave passed western style exams and vetting, and someone totally inappropriate who has repeatedly tried and failed to get a job in an EU country but has got a EU medical qualification passport just because time ran out.

Imagine 80,000 migrants all applying in January after getting german visas .....

Its simply wrong that anyone get a national, let alone international qualification/certification without proper, competent and thorough vetting.

Up to NHS and private hospital HR to conduct their normal recruitment checks.

This is a scare story.

I'm with unclebulgaria on this one - if the individual hospital/surgery doesn't carry out proper checks on someone's qualifications before employing them then this will make no difference as they would already be employing people with inadequate qualifications. It's now even easier to obtain fake degrees etc online.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Check all qualifications and references thoroughly and hopefully the right people will be employed. Imagine the claims if it turns out patients have been wrongly treated by non qualified staff, doesn't bare thinking about.

I would hope that the trust / hopsital employing these people would actually their qualifications before employing them. Afterall, it's what any other company does.

Perhaps, but

"It means UK regulators will have to give applicants licences to practise without first checking they have the necessary qualifications and have not lied on forms or been suspended."

means that crucial (in my opinion) checks will have been made - not just unwanted - but against the 'rules'

Mind you, the mail online can't even use a spell checker for this crucial and 'critical' article.

Here is the detail

http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/services/free-movement-professionals/policy/european-professional-card/index_en.htm

here is nhsemployers view

http://www.nhsemployers.org/your-workforce/recruit/employer-led-recruitment/international-recruitment/mobility-of-health-professionals-across-europe

and here is how they intend to expand it

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/2011/June/30061104.asp

The Tory Legacy

After 18 January 2016, regulatory bodies across Europe will be required to operate a warning system to alert each other when a professional is banned from practising in one country, to stop them posing a danger to patients in another EU country.

And we have seen how this type of things work when they are getting shot of their criminals ?

BCOBS

This is very worrying.

In every European country that I know of, there's an online register for medical professionals and it takes a couple of minutes to check if someone is qualified.

With the highly skilled criminals making forgeries of everything nowadays, I would be inclined to do such easy checks if I was working at nhs human resources.

You know that this is true when the only sources are the Mail and the Express.

The Mail comes out with stories like this on a daily basis, when put under scrutiny, often they are misleading or just downright untrue.

Personally I support us in being in EU, it gives ALL of us an opportunity to work within the whole of Europe, it is not a one way street, millions of Brits work abroad, my family runs a business in France, and no they were not checked if they could speak French.