BankFodder BankFodder

Calamitykay

It definitely Pays to Complain!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just wanted to share this with you guys :)

In November my parents wrote to Barclays instructing them that as from February this year

they wanted to cancel 2 direct debits, for TalkTalk and Sky, as they were coming to live with us.

They also went into the local branch and explained what they were doing.

They are both 82 years old and believe in doing things 'properly' which means writing 'proper' letters. :)

long story short - the bank cancelled DD's with immediate effect which meant both companies

contacting them repeatedly to demand payments.

(They have never missed a payment or been late etc)

This caused them great distress, just 3 days before Christmas.

They were so upset and stressed, my father is asthmatic and took to his bed.

I fired an email off to the CEO at Barclays explaining their situation and this morning

I had a Skype call from them to say that they had received £150 deposited straight into their account by way of an apology!!

Result!!

It DOES pay to complain!

Now if this is an indicator to how the New Year will be then it's looking good eh!!

Well done. I'm sure that a lot of people will be encouraged by this.

However, I have to say that this is exceptional and it will scarcely ever happen this way.

People certainly should complain. It can be very hard work.

I think that I would like to respond to your thread title by saying that it is certain that it never pays not to complain

It does pay to complain... My Brother had an issue with Barclays got paid £130 for his troubles :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Well done. I'm sure that a lot of people will be encouraged by this.

However, I have to say that this is exceptional and it will scarcely ever happen this way.

This is the second time I have acted on my parents behalf and been successful each time. Maybe it's because I emphasise how old they are, how long they've been customers etc?

I have always been a believer that 'the Pen is Mightier Than the Sword' and in the past I have reclaimed all the unfair bank charges etc with complete success.

Maybe I am in the wrong job lol!!!!!

Well done Calamitykay

If you have reason to complain about a service do so otherwise how are they mean't to improve there Customer Service if NO ONE is Complaining about it.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group