Number disconnected - Vodafone Ref #12256321

evensis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been having a tortuous time with Vodafone the last few months,

it initially started at the tail end of November, when my phone inexplicably had no signal, reboots the lot, no luck.

After 3 phone calls to Vodafone it was finally established a cancellation request was made by me (?!?!?! most certainly wasn't!), for the phone number.

It took a further 2 weeks of constant phone calls before I eventually got onto someone who appeared to know what they were doing,

and 24 hours later the phone was working again.

HOWEVER, it has yet again happened, on the 21st of this month.

The number was yet again deactivated, and my phone is now unusable once again. And has been for the last week,

in total I've had 3 weeks without service.

I really cannot continue with this level of service unreliability, as I've had to buy Skype credit

(so the issue is now is financially damaging) to make phone calls.

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do,

when I call up, I've gotten to the point where I know the customer services advisor im talking to

has absolutely no clue what is going on, and is effectively passing the buck when saying it will be active within 2 or 3 days.

I'm now saying, look I know you have no idea what to do,

can you pass me onto someone who does.

Even the next person i'm passed onto is clueless!

I'm rather at the end of my tether, and ideally if i can terminate the contract and move onto someone else

who can actually provide a reliable service i'm quite happy to do that.

But suspect that Vodafone would moan and threaten the early termination charge

even though as far as I am aware, the contract is currently being breached by themselves.

They specifically state a reasonable time period within the contract, although this really does not give any indication, I

would think when I am told by a customer services advisor (have recorded phone call),

that it will be 2 days (or the 10's of other occasions where different time frames have been given),

that this is the reasonable time period.

So in a nut shell, I have a dead phone,

with no resolution on the horizon as I've been unable to get to the chaps who know what they are doing.

I'm really not quite sure where to go from here!

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by evensis

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN3030 View Post

UPDATED 24TH APRIL 2015

CAG has a very successful vodafone Rep operating here.

We would advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here ( http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm)

To access the form, you MUST enter the code 'WRT135' and then state CAG Forum in the question box along with your query.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post this reference in your thread as soon as possible.

Vodafone UK.

CAG.

Follow the instructions above - when you receive your Vodafone code - post it back here in your thread.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have added reference to your thread title for Rep to spot - I rather suspect that it wont be until the New year, however, we can hope !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D