Universal Jobmatch Terms & Conditions for Employers, Advertisers and Recruiters

Lapsed Workaholic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

While browsing through the current UJ pages of advertised jobs I came across a local job advertised by 'UK Recruitment'

I never apply for jobs via the UJ site itself since the jobs are invariably advertised by other employment agencies that I use.

On this occasion I clicked on the 'Apply' button to check on the what method of applying was required and found that in order to apply I would have to register with UK Recruitment.

In order to register successfully I would have to agree to their terms and conditions which were listed as:

By clicking submit, you accept our Terms & Conditions

Match my skills and distribute my CV to your partner job boards via Freemycv.com and you agree to their terms and conditions

In addition to all other job websites, I also agree to have my details registered on TotalJobs. The TotalJobs Group Privacy Policy

I agree to have my details registered on Jobsite UK (Worldwide) Ltd Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions apply.

I agree to; Share my CV and details with Glassdoor. Create a Glassdoor account and Job Alerts. Agree to Glassdoor’s Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Emails.

The Universal Jobmatch Terms & Conditions for Employers, Advertisers and Recruiters states the following in clause 9:

9.1 You agree that jobs you advertise on this site will:

9.1.4 be available to jobseekers on an open and fair basis;

My question is; would any reasonable person regard the conditions set by UK Recruitment for applying for this job as open and fair?

My curiosity having been aroused I checked further the UK Recruitment terms and conditions to see if they complied with UJ terms and conditions and found quite a few that do not comply.

Causes for concern do not end there. On further investigation I found that:

UK Recruitment is part of Improbable Technologies Ltd, a privately owned company developing innovative solutions for the worldwide recruitment industry. UK Recruitment offers a low cost, high impact recruitment solution to our clients and has grown significantly in recent months.

Improbable Technologies Ltd, founded in Glasgow in 2015.

Registered company address: 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR.

Company No. SC516353

Turns out there is only one officer of this company with one share and it has only been in existence since September 2015.

Looked up 272 Bath Street, Glasgow and found the name 'Blue Square' above the door.

After further investigation of 'Blue Square' on Google it turns out to be company dealing in virtual office or telephone answering products. The advertising promotes it as:

"If you are looking for a Glasgow virtual office or telephone answering product, a good starting place is to have a look at our virtual office packages page. We also provide a registered office address service for Limited companies and LLPs. Our services can be purchased online, however, if you would like to sign up by telephone or talk to one of our team, please call 0141 353 9300."

My next question is; what is a virtual office?

It also transpires that this officer was one of two directors of another sort of employment agency called The Local Agency Ltd, also based in Glasgow. This company operated from April 2011 to Dec 2012 when it was struck off the Register of Companies. I can't ascertain whether or not foul play was involved but, according to HMRC website, in the period 2011/12 struck off companies cost a loss to the Revenue of £16 Billion.

My final question for now; who do I notify of my concerns/suspicions that would be able to take the matter further?

It is no secret that most vacancies advertised on UJM are scams and the DWP doesn't care. What your job coach might think about it is a different matter. He/she is likely to push the sanction button when challenged with common sense. Unless you are specifically mandate to apply for that job, just skip it. And if you are mandated, use a different disposable email address and put some errors in your contact details (couple of digits wrong in your postcode and phone number).

I know this is not the orthodox answer that you expected.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"