Primark Oxford Street, did a silly thing for my friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RLP tell you this site is being investigated by the police.

Is that a statement or do they write something that insinuates this and you read it that way.

Read everything they write very carefully and you will see that they dont state such things but suggest them.

You are in a vulnerable position and they wish to exploit that and that is how they conduct business

- selling spurious claims and massaging data, making exaggerated claims about who they work with

-they use

d to claim an intimate relationship with the ACPO to make them look like thay have some function of judisprudence

but they were ordered to stop that ( anyway the ACPO is just a members club for senior police officers

and has no powers in itself although they like to sell their services in a quasi-official way)

so you can take anything they say with a large pinch of salt.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about RLP the other day; it's a few years now since their name started to appear on this forum.

Our advice has never wavered, and we've seen that the only time a retailer tried court (perhaps on RLP's recommendation, given that they were in court)

in a properly defended case, the retailer lost and RLP's claims were shown to be baseless.

Then there was the Law Commission's report, that said that companies in the 'civil recovery' industry, of which RLP is the largest,

used 'misleading and aggressive' practices. We've seen ACPO instruct RLP not to pretend that a relationship exists between them when it does not.

It struck me that after all this time, RLP is still essentially a one-woman backstreet speculative invoicing operation.

After all the risible suggestions of police investigations and the spurious attempts to blacken CAG's name,

I remain of the view that a narcissistic personality is involved.

Could this be the reason why RLP as a business doesn't appear to have grown much.

A look at its accounts shows that its turnover is very small - less than £500k - but with 'debtors' at almost £250k.

I wonder if all the speculative invoices are added into the 'debtors' column

- perhaps a forensic accountant may have a view on whether debts that don't really exist can be included.

Maybe that's why it hasn't been snapped up by a company like Capita, who bought Parking Eye, and run TV Licencing,

so aren't averse to speculative invoicing and a spot of intimidation (just my opinion, of course).

So whilst La Lambert's need to control and sense of invincibility may play a part (as evidenced by her obvious involvement in cases - doesn't she have people to do it?),

it may just be that it's simply not much of a business. It probably keeps her and the other director, the luridly-named Rhianna-Jade Lambert, in Mercedes, but a big player it's not.

In summary, then - nothing to be afraid of - just a rather unpleasant woman who chooses to make her money in a rather unsavoury

- but entirely legal - way.

[...] just a rather unpleasant woman who chooses to make her money in a rather unsavoury

- but entirely legal - way.

I would question that it is entirely legal in the way that Ms Lambert makes her money. She uses questionable legalese and overt intimidation to extract payments from her victims. It is a thin line between legitimate civil recovery and that of blackmail & extortion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I would question that it is entirely legal in the way that Ms Lambert makes her money. She uses questionable legalese and overt intimidation to extract payments from her victims. It is a thin line between legitimate civil recovery and that of blackmail & extortion.

Unfortunately this is an unregulated activity so until challenged in the higher courts, still legal. County court cases are only persuasive in similar actions.

The only way I can see this being challenged is for an alleged shoplifter challenging them but you can understand the reluctance to do so.

Ideally, I would like to see a wrongly accused shoplifter who is being chased by RLP to complain about harassment and misleading statements and taking the appropriate legal action against RLP by either complaining to the police (if they can be bothered) or by instigating a civil case against them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well silverfox, there is a thread currently open where the other company similar to rlp is chasing an ex employee of a store that is wrongfully accused of theft and lost their job

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well silverfox, there is a thread currently open where the other company similar to rlp is chasing an ex employee of a store that is wrongfully accused of theft and lost their job

I was thinking of the DWF thread as I was typing. We don't hear much about them and I am yet to see any comprehensive correspondence from them.

I would love to see those letters or recordings of phone calls.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Yeah. Sadly people are too reluctant to show dwf letters

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi,

my friend received her letter and it wasn't from RLP, it was from Primark.

She asked me if that still makes a difference and if she still has to pay? They're demanding £180.

If i or her don't pay, will we get a criminal conviction?

Please scan and post that letter but take out personal info please. I can pretty much guarantee it isn't primark that sent you that letter

follow the upload

guide

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If i or her don't pay, will we get a criminal conviction?

If the police were not called at the time of the incident, then Primark had little interest in getting you convicted. RLP can not bring a prosecution against you regardless of whether you pay them or not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Please scan that letter. If RLP has sent it and is pretending to be primark, then they have just made a HUGE mistake.

Yes, can you please depersonalise the letter and scan it in for us to see. I am very surprised that Primark have written ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Stop worrying and post that letter up.

Sorry, my friend was just exaggerating. It was a letter from RLP demanding the £180 fine. I guess she got scared, called me, and over-exaggerated. There was no CCTV image on the letter of her, it wasn't sent by Primark.

Sorry again! (forgive me!)

IT IS NOT A FINE..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IT IS NOT A FINE..

dx

She will get it.....eventually!

Even though it is from RLP, we could do with seeing it as they do change over time.

Ensure the letter is posted in pdf format and has zero identifiable marks on it, name, address, reference numbers, bar codes (if any)

As for the letter itself, as the others have said, ignore

Someone send me some RLP letters again thanks.

I cant open the others someone sent before.

That might be quite hard at the moment as CAG got hacked over Christmas. No personal details taken. We have lost some attchments and I am having difficulty re up loading them. bear with us.

She also said that on the letter was her face through Primark's CCTV footage.

Really stressed now about my letter turning up!

That's what they're counting on. Scaring you into paying. Learn from your mistake and move on with your life. They can't and won't do anything apart from send scary letters.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.