Very - Defective iPad - What are my rights***Full Refund***

bagpuss22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am in need of advice.

We bought our daughter an iPad Air from Very on 7th Dec 2013 for £399. In November of this year it stopped working and we took it to Apple who diagnosed a hardware fault and not an operator induced error. He even comment to how good the iPad still looked!

We went back to Very at the end of November and asked them to sort it under the SOGA as Apple stated that this was good for 2 years. Very originally agreed to a refund minus a 20% usage fee! This has now been on going for 4 weeks and we still have had no resolution.

Yesterday they have now stated that the usage fee is £159! Very will only refund £239 into the account but they have already added £159 usage fee tot he account....:-(

What can I ask for, as all I want is a replacement. I feel that we are being pushed from pillar to post and have made no progress after 10 phones calls and multiple emails.

Any help appreciated.

Russ

Saga lasts for 6 years. If apple confirmed that is was fault, then they should give a like for like replacement. If its an old ipad, then they have to take into account depreciation on older models, plus usage.

You also need to STAY off the phone. Retailers will say anything over the phone and not confirm it in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

It is an Ipad Air and they still stock it but now at £319. We paid £399. I have a written report from Apple

stating its a hardware fault and not down to user mistreatment.

Can I claim for a direct replacement?

Very seem to want to give us the new price (£319), minus usage, which was 20%, but now seems to be £159!. All I want is to get another as my daughter is going stir crazy lol....

Not sure what I am entitled too.

Russ

Inherent hardware fault confirmed by apple. Retailers job to either send it off for repairs, or issue a full like for like replacement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You might also want to have another word with Apple and advise that one of their stockists is destroying the reputation of their products ! (in writing)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Could also start legal action if you wanted. You have confirmed Info from Apple that it's a hardware error so the retailer has no roomto make excuses

It looks like they dont want to replace the item as this will cause them to make a loss on an item with low margins so they are trying to trick you into acceptiang a refund instead. having tacitly agreed to this they are now trying to stiff you so they can still come up trumps over the whole deal.

When you paid was it as a lump sum or are they going to refund you the interest paid on the capital that you have been shelling out? Put it all in writing and see what they have to say the second time round. Let them know that you will be happy to use the courts to decide on whose sums are best and that you just want a working ipad at the end of the day so would happily accept a guaranteed refurbished one. They wont have any so may well jsut send out another rather than risk losing money in an unwinnable battle.

Thanks for your replies.

You are right, all I really want is a replacement as my daughter is going stir-crazy.

This was sent to them on 24th December and if no resolution is found then I intend to go for a legal challenge.

Thank you for your email.

I DO NOT accept your new proposal and I want an explanation to why you have charged a £159 usage fee to my account AND also removed the £159 from the original price of the item.

This has basically doubled the usage charge! I do not accept this and have no intention of accepting this or paying the charge.

Your original proposal, for which I have emails, was to credit my account with £319.20 which was the original price minus a 20% usage fee. This was proposed 3 weeks ago and still no action has

been taken dispite numerous phone calls and emails, all of which have been logged.

I am getting fed up with the unprofessional attitude of this catalogue and this matter must be concluded within 14 days or I will have no option other than to take matters further.

I would like the £159 charge removed, the £319.20 credited to my account and this matter RESOLVED as per your original emails and calls.

My daughter has been without her item for several months now and with no resolution in sight.

Russ

• 1 month later...

Quick update, sorry for the delay.

After the last email VERY have now refunded the whole £399! So now we re going to buy a replacement from Apple so

that we can go into our local Apple store and get help/service if required.

Thanks for all the help and comments.

Russ

Good news and well done bagpuss22

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread