Leisure Leagues Small sided football repayment

Bfish93
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm not entirely sure this is the right place, but hopefully someone can redirect the thread if not.

I started a football team with a company who run various leagues across the country.

I signed the terms and conditions before I started,

accepting that I had to give 2 weeks notice to leave the league

and if I didn't that we'd owe money.

Due to circumstances involving the players we could no longer put together a team and left the league with no notice.

As a result, I was sent a letter directly from them saying I owed £81 to the league and that it needs to be made within 14 days or the fine would double.

I replied with a letter explaining our circumstances and hoping they'd show some sympathy, however they insist that it needs to be paid.

Obviously I knew potentially what would happen, and that we would owe the money,

but I was just wondering where exactly I stand with this?

My name is registered and a different address to my own,

but somewhere I regularly stay if that makes any difference to it at all.

I see online of people being taken to court eventually over similar events, is it best just to pay it and be done?

Thanks!

Post the redacted agreement and suitable help will follow

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I can't post links yet, but here's the section from their website.

11i If a team fails to turn up for a scheduled fixture without giving Leisure Leagues 7 days’ notice, they lose the fixture 5-0 and will be charged the full match fee for the missed game. Teams who wish to withdraw from the league need to give two weeks’ notice of their intent to withdraw from the league and are required to pay for and play two full matches prior to withdrawal; failure to adhere to this will result in the Team Captain being charged their full two weeks match fees for both missed fixtures.

11j If a team fails to attend two consecutive matches and fails to inform Leisure Leagues Head Office of their intention to withdraw from the league then they will be liable for both missed match fees and will also be charged their two weeks withdrawal notice on top of these match fees.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Just for clarity what Bfish93 has quoted in post#3 is from Leisure Leagues Rules and Regulations: http://www.leisureleagues.net/The-Game/Rules.aspx

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

if you look around

you'll see we've had several instances of these minor football league fixtures people

wanting money after the day or when things go bad.

don't think there are any court cases

show us where.

you'll get scary letters

then more scary letters from DCA's

who are not bailiffs

and have no legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thanks,

Just not sure about taking the risk. I had a search on google yesterday and leisure leagues seem pretty certain on chasing the money, including a court case for recovering money they were owed. Is £81 worth the risk? I'm not so sure!

they wont do court on £81!!

hot air and red letters

dx

and they

You dont owe them anything, and they cant simply double it because they feel like it. The law doesnt allow it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I can't post links on here yet, but there's another on this form relating to a company called soccersixes. Exactly the same thing but different company.

I don't really want them to keep sending letters to my girlfriends address to be honest, especially threats.

Also above, I appreciate what you're saying, but I know it could come to nothing, but the threat of court etc. doesn't appeal me much, and £81 is a relatively small price to avoid that?

I have agreed terms and conditions agreeing to pay if we withdraw, does not mean I owe money?

no it doesn't.

T&C can always be challenged

don't fall for the willy waving please.

forget them

no claims have ever been issues

esp by soccersixes

simply out to fleece people

scary DCA letters next

dx

and they

Please start listening to the advice given here. Your situation is no different than any of the others. Just because they put some random clause in the terms and conditions doesnt mean that the clause is legally enforceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I can't post links on here yet, but there's another on this form relating to a company called soccersixes. Exactly the same thing but different company.

I don't really want them to keep sending letters to my girlfriends address to be honest, especially threats.

Also above, I appreciate what you're saying, but I know it could come to nothing, but the threat of court etc. doesn't appeal me much, and £81 is a relatively small price to avoid that?

I have agreed terms and conditions agreeing to pay if we withdraw, does not mean I owe money?

PAY it then!

You dont need to pay them a penny. But you can do so if you wish. Just understand that you would have just wasted £81 when you could have spent it on something else.

It would also beg the question, why did you come here for advice if you were going to pay it anyway?