DX Services Nearly Lost My Passport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Caggers, wonder if you can help me out with a dilemma I am having with DX Services.

On 26th November this year, I received a message from DX saying that they had attempted to deliver my passport to my home address. I was given the opportunity to arrange a redelivery.

I chose to have my passport redelivered to work. I also completed the special delivery instructions to deliver to the main reception, where I would be in a position to sign for it. I gave the building names as 1-9* and this was on the confirmation email I received.

Fast forward to 1st December, the agreed delivery. I received the passport, though I was surprised not to be asked for ID considering that DX advised that I would not ID or anyone signing for it on my behalf would have to provide both mine and their IDs.

When I was signing for it, I noticed that the new label on the envelope was for 8-10* on the same road. The company name was what I provided, however 8-10 also has a building name, which was included on the envelope.

I asked the delivery driver whether he attempted to deliver there but he said he pulled into their place before realising that we were on the opposite side of the road.

Given that I gave the correct address, I can only assume that someone at DX looked up an incorrect source for my workplace and used that instead, without checking with me. My workplace has been at these premises for about 6 months, so there are some sources with different numbers (including 8-10).

If this had been something else I would have accepted that mistakes happen and be pleased I got the delivery. But my passport contains a lot of personal information and could have easily ended up in the wrong hands.

I sent an email to DX, their response was to send a letter acknowledge the negative feedback but nothing that indicated they had actually seen what my feedback was about.

I sent a formal complaint in the post but am getting nowhere with them.

Please can someone advise what might be the next best step to take? Should I be approaching HM Passport Services?

Many thanks in advance.

GS.

Numbers changed to protect identities, but you get the idea.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

Hello Caggers, wonder if you can help me out with a dilemma I am having with DX Services.

On 26th November this year, I received a message from DX saying that they had attempted to deliver my passport to my home address. I was given the opportunity to arrange a redelivery.

I chose to have my passport redelivered to work. I also completed the special delivery instructions to deliver to the main reception, where I would be in a position to sign for it. I gave the building names as 1-9* and this was on the confirmation email I received.

Fast forward to 1st December, the agreed delivery. I received the passport, though I was surprised not to be asked for ID considering that DX advised that I would not ID or anyone signing for it on my behalf would have to provide both mine and their IDs.

When I was signing for it, I noticed that the new label on the envelope was for 8-10* on the same road. The company name was what I provided, however 8-10 also has a building name, which was included on the envelope.

I asked the delivery driver whether he attempted to deliver there but he said he pulled into their place before realising that we were on the opposite side of the road.

Given that I gave the correct address, I can only assume that someone at DX looked up an incorrect source for my workplace and used that instead, without checking with me. My workplace has been at these premises for about 6 months, so there are some sources with different numbers (including 8-10).

If this had been something else I would have accepted that mistakes happen and be pleased I got the delivery. But my passport contains a lot of personal information and could have easily ended up in the wrong hands.

I sent an email to DX, their response was to send a letter acknowledge the negative feedback but nothing that indicated they had actually seen what my feedback was about.

I sent a formal complaint in the post but am getting nowhere with them.

Please can someone advise what might be the next best step to take? Should I be approaching HM Passport Services?

Many thanks in advance.

GS.

Numbers changed to protect identities, but you get the idea.

Would you like my honest response, even if is not what you want to hear ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Would you like my honest response, even if is not what you want to hear ?

Yes, go ahead. Don't mind hearing constructive 'bad' news.

You're going to tell me to move on, aren't you?

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.

Yes, go ahead. Don't mind hearing constructive 'bad' news.

You're going to tell me to move on, aren't you?

Not quite. But you do seem to be making mountains out of mole hills. If the package had arrived and it was obvious it had been opened, then i would not be very happy. But if the package was sealed, i don't see a problem.

When i have had something delivered to a work address, it had the business address which the delivery company had on their systems and it was slightly different to what i had given them. This happens where you have many different companies all within a block or row of offices, but the courier will look for the name of the company given to them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Not quite. But you do seem to be making mountains out of mole hills. If the package had arrived and it was obvious it had been opened, then i would not be very happy. But if the package was sealed, i don't see a problem.

When i have had something delivered to a work address, it had the business address which the delivery company had on their systems and it was slightly different to what i had given them. This happens where you have many different companies all within a block or row of offices, but the courier will look for the name of the company given to them.

Fair do's. I have recently been dealing with an illness so my sense of perception isn't what it should be.

If it was a normal delivery I wouldn't get so uptight. But it was my passport and I felt that DX should have used the address given or least contacted me to check. And I was a bit annoyed with the nonchalant way they dealt with my initial response.

So should I at least wait and see whether they do address my complaint? Say leave it til after the New Year?

Fair do's. I have recently been dealing with an illness so my sense of perception isn't what it should be.

If it was a normal delivery I wouldn't get so uptight. But it was my passport and I felt that DX should have used the address given or least contacted me to check. And I was a bit annoyed with the nonchalant way they dealt with my initial response.

So should I at least wait and see whether they do address my complaint? Say leave it til after the New Year?

You can wait to see what the response is. They might not bother, as they may see no grounds for complaint.

I suppose the big question is about what you're hoping to achieve by complaining? Given that nothing did get lost I can't see what that might be, sorry.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.