eBay buyer paid with direct bank transfer. Safe?

JoeyJoeC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother sold a car part for £460. The part is a piggy back ECU which is quite rare.

He told me that the buyer wanted to pay with a bank transfer to save on him getting fee's etc. My brother said the payment came through instantly and is coming up with something like "3rd party transfer" which we've not seen before.

I told him I would check to see if this is safe, or if there is some sort of [problem] that involves doing direct transfers? The buyer is within the UK.

Thanks!

My brother sold a car part for £460. The part is a piggy back ECU which is quite rare.

He told me that the buyer wanted to pay with a bank transfer to save on him getting fee's etc. My brother said the payment came through instantly and is coming up with something like "3rd party transfer" which we've not seen before.

I told him I would check to see if this is safe, or if there is some sort of **** that involves doing direct transfers? The buyer is within the UK.

Thanks!

Think your Brother should check with his Bank that this transfer cannot be recalled by the sender. Obviously get Bank official name and make a record of what they confirm.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Agree with Unclebulgaria - check that the transfer cannot be reversed.

I have had payments for eBay and other auction site payments by bank transfer without any problems before. Ensure the item is sent tracked and that there is a signature on delivery if your bank confirms the payment is kosher.

def suspect - any payment made via paypal can be re-called for up to 2 weeks - anyone wanting to do this kind of transaction is suspect in my books, I would speak to the bank and ask for their advice before sending anything

6 months actually.

He's checking with the bank now and I've told him to install a call recorder.

It seems legit, the guy knows about engines, and is doing an engine build at the moment. Knows what he's talking about etc. 50 x 100% feedback.

He actually paid £60 via PayPal gift, and £400 transfer.

6 months actually.

He's checking with the bank now and I've told him to install a call recorder.

It seems legit, the guy knows about engines, and is doing an engine build at the moment. Knows what he's talking about etc. 50 x 100% feedback.

He actually paid £60 via PayPal gift, and £400 transfer.

blimey - makes you think twice about accepting any payments via paypal if they can revoke upto 6 months

blimey - makes you think twice about accepting any payments via paypal if they can revoke upto 6 months

I hate their system with a passion. eBay doesn't let you leave bad feedback for buyers, as apparently all they have to do is pay and so they can't get anything wrong. (Also because they make eBay and PayPal their money).

I sold a monitor recently, in which the person, before paying for it, demanded that they get it before Christmas, despite not paying for the next day delivery option, saying £10 was too much and only paid for the 3 - 5 day option. Which means we can't do anything about it until after Xmas now meaning the price will have to come down due to an idiot buyer. Someone really needs to come up with a Chrome addon which allows sellers to give reviews on buyers and choose to cancel their order if they often report items not arriving, etc.