• Tweets

• No, but all you'd do is blindly run the statute barred date for another 18 months. Just sit on your hands until you get a letter of claim, then send a CCA request.  
    • Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Xercise 4 Less, CRS

NJ07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

My first post to the page! Iv'e seen many things posted about Xercise 4 less and CRS (Credit Resoloution Services) so i hope you can help me out.

First of all it started with a text message on the 10th of December saying

'Please call CRS urgently on 01444449165 as we need to speak to you today. Thank you. '

i originally thought nothing of this, i just thought it was a spam message and quickly forgot about it and went on about life. It wasn't until the 18th December that i recieved a letter from CRS saying

'we regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resoultion to your account, you remain in arrears to Xercise 4 Less. We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter withing the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc Group Ltd, one of the UK's leading providers of debt recovery solutions.'

The account balance is £171.47 (I don't know where this figure was made up from)

This is the only form of contact i have recieved from them. I originally cancelled my membership online where they asked me to fill out a form and take it into the gym. Due to my circumstances of not being able to go back to the gym (I was at University and it takes ages to get there) I rang them up on the phone and they assured me that it was all dealt with and it was fine to do so. This was the 29th of June.. (almost 6month ago, and first contact made now?!)

I checked my direct debit and i paid the 12 full payments as it was a year contract.

I'm just not sure how to deal with this from here, iv'e seen you recommend not speaking to them on the phone.

Many Thanks!

Nik

Hi NJ and welcome to CAG

Read other threads here and you'll see how others are dealing with Harlands/CRS.

Don't call Harlands/CRS for any reason and, if they call you, tell them "In writing only !" then hang up.

Can you tell us :-

1. When you joined X4Less.

2. When the DD was paid each month.

3. Do you have any evidence of cancelling on 29th June by phone.

4. Have you anything else that confirmed your wish to cancel.

Ignore Harlands/CRS for now and let us know if you hear from Zinc or Spratt Endicott (Harlands pet solicitors).

Please see my PM to you, and answer.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you for the quick reply! I responded to your personal message, thanks for that by the way.

Okay after checking my bank, the first payment was made 23rd June 2014 and after that every month until 22nd June 2015. So as far as the year contract goes I did honour that.

Other than the original email where I asked to cancel my membership, gave a few details to which they replied with you have to come into the gym, which prompted me to call them.

Thanks Slick

Well as you owe them nothing, and have honoured the 12 month agreement, they are most likely trying to con you out of another months fee.

IMO I wouldn't even offer that, but would make a formal complaint to the gym in question, and inform them that as they have employed a powerless tin pot outfit to harass you for money you don't owe, you hold them ultimately responsible, and as such the actions of their chosen third party, has resulted in you informing the CMA and TS of their behaviour and attitude to customers.

You expect by return of post a full apology and confirmation that you will not hear from anyone regarding this matter again, should you do so, you will happily report them to the relevant authorities including the police for the criminal offence of harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi NJ,

What date did you first email them about your wish to cancel ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I first emailed them on the 29/06/2015,

Ill uplaod the letter i plan to send them tomorrow and you can see what you make of it,

thanks for the help!

Hi Nj,

Ok so you sent the gym an email the same day you spoke to them.

Please confirm what you said to the gym and what they said to you in reply to the email.

Send nothing to the gym or Harlands/CRS until we're sure what you should say to them.

Okay, so i went to cancel the membership online,

they emailed me back with the following -

Hi,

Would you beable to provide us with a little more detail on your self in order to locate your profile easier.. I.e postcode, date of birth etc?

--

Kind Regards

To which i replied all the relevant details.

They then sent back the following email -

'Ok, so in order to cancel, you would need to come into our facilities to fill out a cancellation form. Once the cancellation form is filled out then we can begin the 30 days notice to cancel. Please see attached terms and conditions for the cancellation procedure.'

I didnt send another email back, instead i rang them to explain my circumstances that i am no longer at university and the gym is around 20miles away from me now. They assured me everything was dealt with.

Thanks Slick!

Hi NJ,

Did your initial attempt to cancel online, and their request that you go into the gym, all happen on 29th June.

If so, that is the effective start of the 30 days notice period.

Give them time, they will undoubtedly start their harassment process soon enough, just keep everything regarding this in anticipation of them contacting you again.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi NJ,

As you gave notice to cancel on 29th June, you should have allowed one more DD to be taken around 22nd or 23rd July and that would be the final amount due.

I'd write to X4Less Head Office in Leeds :-

1. Confirm you contacted the gym to cancel on 29/6.

2. Offer to pay 1 final monthly fee that you should have paid in July.

3. Tell them this will be paid when they confirm they'll accept in full settlement of all that you owe; and that they'll tell Harlands/CRS to make no further demands.

Send this by letter to X4Less HO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you post it.

I understand, i have drafted a letter.

please tell me what you think;

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in response to a letter I received regarding the alleged arrears on my account for the Xercise 4 Less membership. I first went onto the website of Xercise4Less on the 25/06/2105 in order to cancel my membership. I received a reply back to my email address asking for some more personal details such as my name, date of birth, address etc. The last email I received was about bringing a form filled out into the gym on the 29/06/2105. Due to this, I rang up the gym and explained that I joined the gym whilst I was university and I have now completed my studies so it would not be possible to come back to the gym. I was informed over the phone that the membership was cancelled to immediate effect and from my understanding it was resolved at that point.

I made the 12 necessary payments via direct debit and it is to my knowledge that I should have allowed one more additional payment of £9.99 to acknowledge the 30days notice. I am happy to pay this final payment once I get confirmation that this is full settlement of all that I owe and you tell Harland’s/ CRS to make no further demands.

Yours Sincerely,

Hi NJ and thanks for the draft. A few changes :-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to arrears which Harlands/CRS are demanding for my Xercise4Less membership.

I used the Xercise4Less website on 25/06/2105 to cancel my membership. I received a reply back to my email address asking for some more personal details such as my name, date of birth, address etc.

The last email I received was on 29/06/2105 about taking a completed cancellation form into the gym on the. I rang the gym and explained that I joined the gym whilst I was university and I have now completed my studies so it would not be possible to take the form into the gym. I was informed over the phone that the membership was cancelled with immediate effect and, to my understanding, it was resolved at that point.

I now understand that I should have made one final DD payment before I stopped the DD mandate. I am happy to pay this £9.99 to you direct to end the matter and to stop Harlands/CRS harassing me.

I will pay you promptly once you confirm :-

1. You'll accept my offer of £9.99 in settlement of all that I owe to Xercise4Less and Harlands/CRS.

2. You'll instruct Harlands/CRS to cease all demands immediately.

Please provide your bank account payment details when you reply so I can pay you.

Yours faithfully,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Slick!

So the head office rang me today and left a message. They said to give them a call back to help resolve the matter. Should I call them back and ask them to respond via letter?

Thanks,

Hope you had a nice Christmas and new years too!

You could if you wish,

but ensure YOU take control of the conversation, TELL them that anything they wish to convey can be committed in writing, you do not discuss financial issue over he phone.

OR Ignore them, if in your last letter you expressly informed them that you would only deal with this in writing.

It is most likely their standard computer generated garbage they spit out.

I'd be inclined to call them and tell them you require, and you're entitled to, an answer in writing.

See how the conversation looks like going and, if you're not happy or comfortable, tell them you need their reply on writing, failing which you'll raise formal complaints with Trading Standards and The CMA.