Court Witness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been sent a Notice to attend court as a witness , its at crown court .

I spotted an intruder in my work place ,

alerted a few people and he managed to escape before caught .

The police later arrested him as he was known to them (serial offender) and has been charged with several offences .

I have been given a date to attend court and have had to do a statement ,

but now dates keep being changed and as I do two jobs this is affecting my income,

as I cant confirm shifts that are being offered to me as I have to keep dates free to possibly attend court .

As I have already given a statement - do I have to attend court as a witness or can I decline ?

can you not claim expenses?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have been sent a Notice to attend court as a witness , its at crown court .

I spotted an intruder in my work place ,

alerted a few people and he managed to escape before caught .

The police later arrested him as he was known to them (serial offender) and has been charged with several offences .

I have been given a date to attend court and have had to do a statement ,

but now dates keep being changed and as I do two jobs this is affecting my income,

as I cant confirm shifts that are being offered to me as I have to keep dates free to possibly attend court .

As I have already given a statement - do I have to attend court as a witness or can I decline ?

If you have been sent a witness summons, you must appear.

If you don't, the court can issue a "no bail" warrant for your arrest.

This could mean, for example, that you get arrested on a Friday night, and the police cannot bail you from custody, and keep you in custody until you can be brought before the Crown Court on the following Monday.

Thanks for the replies I will get TiL for the days I have to attend court from my main job and stood down off any shifts I am working , but the second job I do - I get offered shifts in advance which I cant confirm due to the trial . They keep changing the dates I have to attend and basically don't want me to book any holidays etc for the next 6 months which is a pain . But as highlighted looks as if I have no option but to attend :(

Surprised that you can be forced to attend court for simply witnessing an event, and even be treated as a criminal for not attending.

You would prefer that criminals escape prosecution by there being no witnesses attending court because it wasn't convenient for them?

You would prefer that criminals escape prosecution by there being no witnesses attending court because it wasn't convenient for them?

I would prefer witnesses to come forward on their own without having to do so under duress. Also, if it can have consequences in the future on them for being a witness such as putting them at risk of retaliation.

Something else is going on here that the op isn't telling us. A witness can't be forced to go to court like that

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I would prefer witnesses to come forward on their own without having to do so under duress. Also, if it can have consequences in the future on them for being a witness such as putting them at risk of retaliation.

If you don't want to go to court : don't give a statement to the police.

There is no legal (although there may be a moral) obligation to do so.

The CPS can then make the decision regarding prosecution based on the statements given, knowing the witnesses will be available.

Normally only in major cases. If its minor, its up to the witness to give evidence or not.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D