RLP M&S, Can they add extra charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sacked from m&s for theft (i admit it and i know it was stupid of me)

I was told that i will have to pay that money back (which i said was fine)

They said a letter would come though the post in 2/3 weeks

(it was over a month and it was a letter saying that they will be sending a letter with an invoice of how much i owe which is fair enough)

Im wondering if it will be RLP that is sent and will it have extra charges (E.G If i owe them £10 initially can they add extra charges on top of that? )

Thank you for your help

Where the Police involved at all??

Any and all letters demanding payment from the powerless RLP can be ignored.

IF you got caught did they reclaim the items taken? If so then you owe nothing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

doesn't matter.

you ignore RLP that's for sure

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its appears M&S use drydens civil recovery

but the advise is the same

you ignore them totally!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, well wait and see how it pans out, RLP, Drydens or any other tin pot powerless third party gets the ''ignored'' treatment.

If they wanted the money back then there is a legal way to go about that, and they have chosen to give you an ultimatum you've accepted that, you owe nothing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have you had your final salary and will they be recovering the money you borrowed from that ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This seems to be common practise in work places, instead of firing the employee, you are asked to resign.

In my work place 20 employees caused £100,000 of damage, ie shutters in the warehouse, broken due to some colleague swing on the shutters

All 20 were asked to resign, no demands were made for costs; but we have had colleagues caught taking money from the tills, they were told to repay back what they took, and asked to resign

As this is a case of employee theft, I daresay that Drydens will write and claim that you owe them significant costs involved in investigating the theft. I have known these run into thousands of pounds.

It is the case though that you owe Drydens nothing. If the employer wants to take action then that is a different matter and they would have to prove that any such costs are genuine and are solely as a result of your offence. That is very difficult to achieve as for the most part any security staff were already being paid to carry out such function.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 4 weeks later...