Newman & Co, recorded message request ( lloyds collections)

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5094 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya

Newman & co who have my accounts and are lloyds collections centre.

All I hear is a recorded message

" This is Newman & Co can you please return teh call as soon as possible"

The telephone Number is 08453304800

I am now starting to belive it when the employee told me they have no out going calls.

lloyds never fails to shock me in thier discussting treatment of customers.

anyone else getting contacted like this?

Can they say they have contacted me, is this legal, what happens if my phone was knocked in my handbag, or a child answered with out me knowing, this is not proved communication surely?

BL

Hi Breadline!

Have just tried that number for you.

It says call between 8am and 9pm or if after 9pm leave a message and they will call you back.

Suggest you call after 9pm, leave a message stating a specific time for them to call you. Be cheeky and say 8.55 pm!!!!!!!!!

LOULA

• Confused 1

Just a friendly bit of advice, be a bit wary of Newman & Co, they can be very aggressive on the phone. They tried all sorts of tactics with me when collecting an Amex debt (emphasis on immediate payment in full, demands for payment of the full debt over 4 months, suggesting & bringing pressure to obtain further credit/loans or selling property, etc), all in breach of the Office of Fair Trading’s Debt Collection Guidance and indeed the CSA’s (their own DCA organisation!) Code of Practice.

To be fair, once I pointed this out to them, and made sure they knew I was aware of my rights, those tactics stopped. I would certainly recommend that you deal with them in writing only.

HTH

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Yeap in writting it will be from now on , as im using the telegraph law stated in another thread.

Thanks for the rights advise.

Am i right in thinking, this is the inhouse collection centre, that i am put through to when I Call lloyds.

Are they an independant body working for lloyds, or are they LLoyds?

and i was also not sure if it was a high charge telephone number.. ( just looked it up its local rate). Still my land line is going its a luxury i can ill afford at this time so they will have no choice, and theres a letter box next to my gate :-)

any ideal.

BL

Am i right in thinking, this is the inhouse collection centre, that i am put through to when I Call lloyds.

Are they an independant body working for lloyds, or are they LLoyds?

They're based in Leeds if I remember correctly, and I believe they're an independent DCA - certainly they were after me for an American Express account, nothing to do with Lloyds.

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Now this is where it gets confussing,

im recieving letters from lloyds collections centre in Brighton requesting i contact the.

and telephone calls from newman and co in Leeds, requesting a phone call.

?

i think LLoyds truly has lost the plot, or hope we will with there constant incompetance.

Thanks

BL

• 8 months later...

HI No Charge i did actually get to the bottom of it.

I was auto recall by mistake.

In 2003 I helped a lady who was being harrassed by Cap One, they had all my details as i took over correspondence for her. there was not a problem with her account but a problem with thier machine.

I have approached her now to reclaim her charges,as She had only spent £200 paid back over £800.

She wont budge now as she was so releaved to get them in order when they harrassed her that she is to frighetend to make any ripples.

Shes not well atall and could so do with the money, but hasn't the strength to worry about the claim as it goes along or what they may say to her.

All makes me very sad, very nice lady she is too.:(

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5094 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you