Default on Credit File CCUK - Shout Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I haven't written on here before but hoping someone can help.

I have been issued a default and it has been applied to my credit file,

during the time it was issued I was in hospital and have been on and off for about 4 years due a significant accident

which resulted in me having a traumatic brain injury.

Since I noticed the default (none was issued, that I know of)

I contacted the company concerned and settled the debt and explained that I was in hospital

and am likely to be in and out of hospital for a long while to come.

I have now paid the balance in full, and asked them to consider removing the default because of the circumstances I have explained

- they have refused saying that its the legal responsibility to accurately report this to Experian and Equifax.

I have now made a subject access request to the company to demonstrate they issued the default

and the dates concur with that on my credit file,

but was just wondering if there is any mileage in asking for this to be removed due to circumstances quite unique and outside my direct control?

Any one have any thoughts on the likely success of this, if I take it to the ombudsman?

Thanks for your advice in advance.... :-)

Hello,

I haven't written on here before but hoping someone can help.

I have been issued a default and it has been applied to my credit file, during the time it was issued I was in hospital and have been on and off for about 4 years due a significant accident which resulted in me having a traumatic brain injury.

Since I noticed the default (none was issued, that I know of) I contacted the company concerned and settled the debt and explained that I was in hospital and am likely to be in and out of hospital for a long while to come. I have now paid the balance in full, and asked them to consider removing the default because of the circumstances I have explained - they have refused saying that its the legal responsibility to accurately report this to Experian and Equifax.

I have now made a Subject access requesticon to the company to demonstrate they issued the default and the dates concur with that on my credit file, but was just wondering if there is any mileage in asking for this to be removed due to circumstances quite unique and outside my direct control?

Any one have any thoughts on the likely success of this, if I take it to the Ombudsmanicon?

Thanks for your advice in advance....

Mitigating circumstances aside for a moment, the issue around the default is that it should have been defaulted after 3 months payments have been missed, thats the initial trigger and in any event before 6 months payments have been missed, this is to give a true reflection of how the account has been run. Is this what has happened?

Can you post more info re: the debt, who defaulted you, what account it was etc? the more info you give, the better the response will be.

I'm sure one of the site team will move this to the correct forum when the info is supplied.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

name names please

who was the original creditor

what type of credit

who owns the debt now?

tell us a bit about the history too

how long you had it etc etc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it is true that the payments were missed for some months (this is for a company called CCUK) which was a Shout Credit Card

- there is nothing owed so not owned by anyone, the balance is £0 as the second I was out of hospital I repaid it and closed the account,

considering the circumstances I would have expected them to work with me and remove the default as it was a little outside my control that it got behind.

I dont recall ever getting an official default notice,

I have escalated to them and they have asked for medical proof

- I sent them a report which was commissioned by HM Courts & Tribunals Service as part of my ongoing court case for my injuries and they said,

"no its not relevant this and doesn't indicate that I was incapacitated at the time of my default"

but the injuries - sustained 01/01/2012 affect me up to now, still exist and i still spend lots of time in and out of hospital for long stays etc

. so they are still very relevant now.

Thanks for any advice.

Have you had the SAR documents back yet?

The issue surroundung the default and any prospect of having it removed will be based around whether the paperwork was issued correctly and in a correct format.

What us the date of the default and what date did you repay the balance.

If there is a problem with any of it and they refuse to remove it as you have stated then you may need to escalate this to the FCA.

Post what info you have, the more the better.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

CCUK Finance Ltd.

services the Shout Credit card,

Monument Credit card and

Shining Loans instalment loans.

CCUK Finance Ltd. is based in Crawley

, West Sussex and is a subsidiary of Atlanticus Corporation

, Atlanta, GA. CCUK Finance Ltd.

started in the UK in 2007.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/money/shout-credit-card-payday-loans-charges-bad-credit/

you really need to dump them as soon as you can.

how long have you had the card?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't have the card anymore and haven't had for nearly a year,

but the default issued in August 2015 is what they are refusing to remove

even though I paid it as soon as I could,

I don't recall ever getting a default notice for it,

I was in hospital so it's possible it got binned amongst nearly 10months of mail

- but they don't need to know that I guess?

I have asked for SAR but not had anything back yet

they said within 40days they will respond

I am assuming if they cannot provide a default notice or my application form

all dated which coincide with what they have reported to Experian,

can I force removal of it?

post up the dates of last payment/ acknowledgement of debt and default details when you get the SAR back.

Theres not much more can be done atm till the paperwork arrives

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

sadly there is no legal compulsion for a creditor to issue a DN

to default a loan - mind.

and they