Strike off of LTD company, HMRC objected as corp tax owing- what next?

lullabee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My company ceased to trade in September 2014. In February 2015 all accounts were closed. Due to the nature of the business there are no assets and the registered address is my home address.

In June 2015 an application was made to strike off the company and in September 2015 this action was objected to by HMRC due to outstanding corporation tax.

Since then I have had numerous letters from HMRC (I replied stating all the information above in October 2015 but no reply) and then from a debt collection agency. I called the agency and explained the situation and they told me that because the status on the Companies House website was 'Active- Proposal to strike off' and there were no assets the case would be returned to HMRC. I didn't hear anything for another month and then today I recived another letter from the debt collection agency, again I called and this time I was told that HMRC had informed the agency that the company was still 'Active' and the debt should be persued.

I really don't know what to do next, I haven't heard from HMRC following my letter of October 2015 or since Companies House since September 2015. The debt outstanding is £8700.

The agency said I should write to them with proof of what I have been saying, but I don't even know what to send them.

Please help. Thank you.