Stemologica: Admit they owe, but refuse to give!

CRL2015
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All. Thanks for the add to the forum.

I realise the forum is littered with Stemologica threads, but I feel each case is individual so would appreciate help.

I 'fell' for the free trial thing back in June and unfortunately got stung for £97.95 back in June. After a very distressed call to them, they agreed to refund my money if I returned the products within the 14 days, got proof of posting blah blah blah

I did all of this. Emailed them the tracking numbers and awaited my refund....and waited...and waited...

6 months later, 6 fretful phone calls later they tell me they can no longer give me a refund and can offer me 'free of charge' some creams! Free of charge even though they have effectively stolen £97.95 of my money! After my call this morning I was left aghast at how these people operate! The can 'no longer' give me my money??? What the hell???

I have now spoken to Citizens Advice Consumer helpline who suggested I send an email accusing them of breach of contract. In the mean time I receive this email from Stemologica:

"Dear ***** ,

Thank you for your proof of postage.

Indeed, you appear to have returned the goods as per our instructions, and in principle, would qualify for a full refund.

However, since the payment processor your transaction went through no longer accepts credit cards of the type you registered with to initially order, we will be unable to refund you, unfortunately.

We could, however, as a means of compensation, send you the identical product, completely free-of-charge. You will receive one Stemologica for free and one Beautemer for free.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards"

So basically they have admitted that they owe me money but 'can't give it to me! Its almost laughable isnt it?

In the mean time I have called Barclays who within hours have refunded me the money AND compensation for the stress its caused. Incredible!

Stemologica have already replied to my email accusing them of breach of contract with this.....

"Dear ***** ,

Thank you for your proof of postage.

Indeed, you appear to have returned the goods as per our instructions, and in principle, would qualify for a full refund.

However, since the payment processor your transaction went through no longer accepts credit cards of the type you registered with to initially order, we will be unable to refund you, unfortunately.

We could, however, as a means of compensation, send you the identical product, completely free-of-charge. You will receive one Stemologica for free and one Beautemer for free.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards"

YES! The same original email despite me threatening them with Trading Standards and the e-fraud Team.

What next? Its no longer about the money...its the principle of the matter. They have my money, and no doubt hundreds of others who can't find a voice to speak up! :mad2::mad2:

But they dont have your money anymore CRL, barclays refunded you with added compensation and will reclaim this back from stemologica.

Problem solved.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I think this is now a Trading standards issue isn't it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So this is their latest reply:

"Dear ****,

Thank you for your email.

As explained multiple times there is nothing else we can do except to reship two products - Stemologica kit and Beautemer serum free of charge.

Please let us know what would be your final decision.

Kind regards,"

The people who work for them must literally be robots with no feelings at all. How they feel comfortable working for this company is incredible to me.

I think this is now a Trading standards issue isn't it ?

I agree! I have my money, I just want justice and to protect others from the stress this causes when they clear out your bank account! Its theft. Simple as. If someone stole money out of your back pocket you'd be pretty p'eed off wouldn't you? I have emailed them back and told them my final decision is passing it on to Trading Standards.

they havent stolen anything from you. You gave them your card details and that allows them to help themselves too the money under the terms they use. Those terms might be written in Serbo-Croat and hidden at the bottom of page 13 of their conditions of sale but that is for you to read before you ordered the stuff. Lets face it, anyone buying this rubbish is going to fall for their sharp practices, everyone else avoids like the plague. thsy dont care, thye are in it to make money from that gullible section of society.

they havent stolen anything from you. You gave them your card details and that allows them to help themselves too the money under the terms they use. Those terms might be written in Serbo-Croat and hidden at the bottom of page 13 of their conditions of sale but that is for you to read before you ordered the stuff. Lets face it, anyone buying this rubbish is going to fall for their sharp practices, everyone else avoids like the plague. thsy dont care, thye are in it to make money from that gullible section of society.

So for 6 months they promised to refund my money when I returned the items as per the small print. They even admit in the email that I returned the items and I should get my money back! Yes I'm gullible, I'd even call myself stupid for falling for this [problem]. Sharp practices? No. Stealing for refusing to refund someone's money? Yes! Read the Internet. There are people all over the world scammed by this company. It's illegal practices. A search on the Internet will confirm this.

However, you have your money back, so short of making a complaint to Trading Standards, there isn't much else you can do. Not for one moment do I think you will obtain compensation from the company, which I suspect is what you are after, yes ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sometimes in life CRL there are battles you should definately fight and then there are others that you simply have to walk away from. This is one of the latter battles and as you have had your miney back plus compo from barclays, for you it should be over, if barckays want to stump up the costs themselves then that is barclays choice.

Its clear how upset you are but a 1 woman crusade to try and take them down is futile, it will eat you and destroy your quality of life for many many years.

Let it go and carry on with living and maybe help others who experience the same. 🙂

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

However, you have your money back, so short of making a complaint to Trading Standards, there isn't much else you can do. Not for one moment do I think you will obtain compensation from the company, which I suspect is what you are after, yes ?

NO! I'm actually offended you even suggest that! I've said lots of times its not about the money. I can honestly say hand on my heart I don't want any money. I want justice. I can't believe a company can get away with theft.

Sometimes in life CRL there are battles you should definately fight and then there are others that you simply have to walk away from. This is one of the latter battles and as you have had your miney back plus compo from barclays, for you it should be over, if barckays want to stump up the costs themselves then that is barclays choice.

Its clear how upset you are but a 1 woman crusade to try and take them down is futile, it will eat you and destroy your quality of life for many many years.

Let it go and carry on with living and maybe help others who experience the same. 🙂

Thank you for this. You're right, and I really appreciate your words. I'll let it drop :)