• Tweets

• to prove I actually sold the car. I have resolved to go to court and the SAR shows all the notes on the account. The fraud department flagged this and despite all entreaties, they refused to release the money. The buyer has send across a screenshot of his bank statement and I have the sales receipt showing I sold the car. I have also asked DVLA for confirmation.    Do you know which legislation I can rely on please and which forms to use as I think I have all I need to show proof of legitimacy i.e.   1. Sales receipt (Issued by me to buyer) 2. Bank statement Screenshot (showing payment) and letter from buyer confirming they purchased the car. 3. Letters to CEO and their responses 4. SAR 5. Cover Note.    it has passed 80 days now and I believe if the NCA is involved it should show up in the SAR, in any event I don't mind engaging relevant authorities and showing the proof and transaction history.    thanks B-Bunch
    • Reading BN's man Richard North this morning, he's unimpressed with the new FTA with Japan.   https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/brexit/brexit-a-deal-we-can-do-without/
    • Read up on European Enforcement Orders and whether these can still be used in Brexit transition.   As you have come to realise buying online with a co.uk company can be risky, if they are foreign, with only a care of registered address in the UK.    
    • No at the time it was taken out my credit rating would’ve been fine. This card was my first credit card and I wouldn’t have had any loans at the time. It’s only really from this time onwards where things spiralled.   Also I noticed my old address was used at the time I took this out. Not sure if this has any relevance but I recall you asked this earlier in the thread. 
    • A perfect storm is brewing which could potentially see customers charged a monthly fee for having a current account. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

I am Convicted of Byelaw 17(1) - No person shall enter compulsory ticket area without a valid ticket. Need some advice!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1779 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there everyone on CAG. I've read lots of threats on here, which have been full of very useful and invaluable advice, but I couldn't find anything very specific to my query. I'm hoping my thread will help people in the future with the same question. I'll quickly describe my situation. It goes like this:

Basically, it's exactly what I've been charged with. I was on the London Underground, I didn't have a valid ticket, I got caught by a ticket inspector as I tried to exit the station who then asked for my details. I am not going to cry and whinge about my financial circumstances and any personal drama that led me to not having a proper ticket because; I deserved the outcome. It's all my fault and I deserved it. I didn't have a ticket, I used the trains unlawfully, I got caught by an inspector, I got sent a Court Summons, I returned it with a Guilty Plea, I got a hefty fine, I paid it all off in one go and the case is now officially closed and I've learnt a lesson to remember.

What I would like to know is about is the charge I have been convicted of. I was only charged by TFL/the courts with this charge:

1: Byelaw 17(1) - No person shall enter a compulsory ticket area unless he has with him a valid ticket.

On my 'Notice of fine and collection order' it is worded slightly differently, like so:

1/ Enter a compulsory ticket area on the Transport for London regional network without a valid ticket

I am quite confused on the implications of this. My general understanding from what I have read is that, on the grand list of fines and charges that Rail Networks can hit you with, this one is quite 'minor'. There is generally no defence against it in court because it's a black and white issue. Either you had the correct ticket for the train stop you were getting off at, or you didn't. I have been told it is a 'Strict Liability Offence'. I have also read that Byelaw 17(1) is a 'non-recordable' offence and Byelaw's don't show up on Criminal records, except on enhanced Criminal Record Background (CRB) check's.

My questions, which, again, I hope can also help other people, are as follows:

1: What is a 'non-recordable' offence? Does it show up on Criminal Record Background check's?

2: Again, from what I have read numerous times on different forums/articles I have seen that Byelaw offences 'may' show up on an Enhanced Criminal Record Background check. What decides whether or not it 'may' show up? Does it depend on what type of Byelaw offence it is?

3: Are TFL Byelaws any different to Railway Byelaw's offences?

4: What makes Byelaw offences different from, say, the Regulation of Railway offences? Is there a difference in the level of seriousness of the charges and conviction implications between the two?

Finally,

5: Certain countries I want to travel to in the future require a visa and also a Criminal Record Background check (Australia, Canada, USA etc...). For this, I will need to provide a 'Subject Access Report' from the Police which shows all the information held about me on the Police National Computer (PNC). Will my Byelaw17(1) offence be held on the PNC?

Thanks for any help and advice!

Edited by Procedure

My questions, which, again, I hope can also help other people, are as follows:

1: What is a 'non-recordable' offence? Does it show up on Criminal Record Background check's? On a detailed version yes

2: Again, from what I have read numerous times on different forums/articles I have seen that Byelaw offences 'may' show up on an Enhanced Criminal Record Background check. What decides whether or not it 'may' show up? Does it depend on what type of Byelaw offence it is? If it has been to Court and a guilty verdict registered

3: Are TFL Byelaws any different to Railway Byelaw's offences? Yes

4: What makes Byelaw offences different from, say, the Regulation of Railway offences? Is there a difference in the level of seriousness of the charges and conviction implications between the two? Two different laws altogether

Finally,

5: Certain countries I want to travel to in the future require a visa and also a Criminal Record Background check (Australia, Canada, USA etc...). For this, I will need to provide a 'Subject Access Report' from the Police which shows all the information held about me on the Police National Computer (PNC). Will my Byelaw17(1) offence be held on the PNC? Since you are convicted then yes

Thanks for any help and advice!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.