Smiteymouse

United Utilities Court Letter Received

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1346 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Morning all,

My partner received an official 4 page court letter from United Utilities today.

We usually pay monthly, and have missed the last 3 payments. We have had trouble accessing the online account to set things up from there - however it displayed an old address. We had intentions of ringing up and setting the DD up but it was forgotten about.

We have received no reminder letters, or any 3rd part debt collector letters in the meantime - if we had, we'd have setup and paid up - as it's only a small amount.

The Form we have received says Claim Form, and we can respond to it using moneyclaim.gov.uk ?

The problem we have is my partner is a student nurse - and it's her name on the paperwork - we are worried about her getting a CCJ as this will show on CRB's and could jeopardize her career.

We have rang UU - and they have been arrogant and unhelpful - and have been told we'll end up with a CCJ regardless of us paying it or not now.

The claim is seeming for missed payments (which isn't even £100) upto March of next year.

Then there are fees of £50 (Legal rep) and £25 (Court fee)

Are they playing fair?

We can pay the missed payments without a problem in the next week - but they seem hell bent on going to court?

How should I reply to this letter - and how likely is my partner to get a CCJ?

Thanks in advance all

Simply acknowledge service by using the on line service MCOL or use the forms provided.

Complete the admittance form and send payment to the claimant......you have 19 days in total

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n009a-eng.pdf

No CCJ...end of the matter.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread