Bailiff enforcement: Paying the council direct...can you tell the council not to deduct bailiff fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is easily said. But three to six or maybe 12 months of waiting for the knock at the door, 6 am in the morning 7 days a week. Not being able to park your car and worrying about anyone else's that comes to visit. Not wanting people to call because the bailiff may visit etc.

Then of course they can just re assign it to another bailiff after it goes back.

Also the authority may wonder why you did not enter into an arrangement before the account was passed and take other equally unappealing measures to enforce.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 3 months later...

Yes I know this is an old thread, but there has been a new(ish) development which deserves comment I think.

There is an increasing number of reports of councils not even accepting direct payments.

The reports are saying that after receiving direct payments, the councils in question are just sending them straight back to the debtor.

Refusing to process thim, the returned payments come with a short note telling the debtor to contact the bailiff.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

"The reports are saying that after receiving direct payments, the councils in question are just sending them straight back to the debtor."

The problem here of course is the extra time and the possibility of enforcment in the interim.

• 5 months later...
I can't see any council's sending any payments back, so I will take these "Reports" with a huge pinch of salt.

I know, old thread , but two more cases today of councils sending payments back I see.

More salt over here please :)

Yes but you would not let me post them.

Any links Dodge ?

You won't find the links on this forum as this is the home of accurate advice !!

How on earth anyone can still be telling individuals to pay the council direct once a warrant has been issued is beyond me. I have read both posts (and a third one that was quickly spirited away into a private members area !!!). Every day we see the same stories.

Interestingly, I was providing assistance to a gentleman with unpaid Dart Charges to Highways England earlier this morning. He has been away in Australia since April, and naturally, had not received any of the notices.

He returned back to the UK on Saturday and tried to make payment to Dart Charge online only to find that when he entered the penalty charge notice number, a message appeared advising that the account had been passed to Equita Ltd. Access to the payment page itself was blocked.

The gentleman wanted to know if he can complain to the Ombudsman. The answer is no....not for Dart Charges.

There!!!

I. Didn't know they have done the triple today. Sorry not funny really.

Any links Dodge ?

Yes but you would not let me post them.

So not actual court cases...just ramblings from another forum?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

These are people who were advised to pay the court direct in order to try and avoid first stage fees of £75 once the cases had been passed to bailiffs.

The correct advice is to make arrangement to pay once the bailiff send thier initial letter. It saves any further fees being added.

This is the advice given on here.

Councils have now started to send these direct payments back to avoid any argument, it also alerts the debtor to what he must do In order to avoid further fees being added. Hopefully now debtors given this poor advice will still have time to pay before the deadline is passed.

People who have been given this advice are now returning to that forum and complanning in droves. Well they might.

Yes I am aware of that......its just that you stated " but two more cases today "

Not Court cases...just ill advised posters from other forums.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You know me like to stay on topic