Car extended warranty ** Settled **

richy78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

was just looking for some advice

I bought a new car a few weeks ago and took out extended warranty to start in 2018

I changed my mind and informed the dealer that I wished to cancel it 13 days after I paid for it

they have now told me that it is non cancelable and I can't get a refund I am worried as it is a lot of money

I spoke to consumer direct and they told me I have a 45 day cooling off period

as I brought the extended warranty with the vehicle

does anyone know if this is the case

This is all very worrying it's nearly 600 pound I've chucked down the drain

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub forum

Thanks Richard

All extended warranties have a cooling off period anywhere between 14 and 45 days, so the information you have must be taken with a pinch of salt.

The amount of cooling off time should be included in the Terms and Conditions, so have a read.

As you have already attempted a cancellation within the minimum period, you should have no problems,

but have a read and if it is in there as it should be, then you can demand and threaten them with further action should they continue with the no refund rubbish.

Can you let us know who the warranty company is please ??

Hi

Thank you for replying I can confirm I have received a refund however I had to go above my local dealer to customer care and made a complaint I had a phone call the next day saying a cheque is in the post and had it arrive yesterday with a letter apologising

Luckily I got my refund and it was Evans halshaws I would always suggest going to head office customer services as the local dealers just arnt interested

But to be fair they did put it right quickly

I'm pleased about the refund. You really were wise to cancel as warranties are a big con and no one ever get value for money. Car warranties really are the worse of the bad bunch with so many claims being denied as 'wear and tear'. It's a shame more people don't have your determination and go for a refund or better still, don't take out a warranty at all.

I've marked your thread settled.