Just found out Barclays have upped their fees, Can you Claim Back

taz_in_2001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just checked my Barclays account, only 2 payments ever come out of this account but I am constantly in my £1000 overdraft. I had a letter today saying that I had gone over which came as a shock to me as the money that goes in should more than cover what gets taken out but I havent paid anything towards my overdraft in a long time.

They have changed their fees apparently and now I am being charged £26+ a month for my overdraft, I never signed up to this, I had the additions added on back in lets just say 2005 and havent signed or agreed to anything since.

Are they authorised to do this and am I able to claim this back under financial hardship does anyone know

Thanks

Probably the best way to deal with this initially is to call Barclays Cust'r Services and complain that they appear to have changed their charging rules but you were unaware of this.

Tell them you've incurred charges since xxdate as a result and you want these refunded. Use any trump cards that you can - like you've been a good customer for xx years, that you have savings or ISA a/c's, etc.

Let us know how they respond.

We'd normally advise that you stay off the phone at all times but try this first.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Barclays have gotten rid of all their packaged bank accounts (i.e premier life, first additions) and instead introduced packs in which you can choose the benefits you want to use.

An example of these are:

Tech Pack

Travel Pack

Home Pack

Read more if you Google "Barclays packs", and click on "My packs".

So they are currently migrating the packaged accounts over and correspondents are being sent out notifying that the packaged account would be switched over to a regular account with different packs. They also say that if you object to this, you can call them and cancel.

With this being said, if you have a pack you can have a fee free overdraft of up to £250.

Have you had no notification that this migration would be taking place?

about time you found another bank.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you don't have to switch

simply open a parachute account.

co-op nationwide

all do online accounts in one minute with a quick reply.

you are mad as is anyone

to pay anything of your income into a bank account whereby they simple take penalty charges because they can.

get your wages/income out of there pronto

TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR MONEY

don't let the banks have control

you are simply acting as a cash cow,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

I bank with Barclays and this change to daily usage fees rather than interest happened ing June/July 2014...I think, it cud have been 2015.

They wrote to all their customers in the January prior to the change to give customers time to sort out alternatives.

..they won't give you the charges back by claiming ignorance,

they will be able to see the letters therefore demonstrating they have told you in advance,

they will also say your statements tell you in advance of any charges going out n show you the charges you were charged for the month before.

..effectively ignorance isn't an excuse.

If your lucky you might get a month or two back if you get a nice person on the phone.

Hi Doc and welcome to CAG

If Taz (the thread starter) doesn't complain and ask for money back, they'll get nothing.

It's a shame Taz hasn't come back to update us but perhaps that may still happen ..............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)