• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help that's probably not worth the effort!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Contemplating the rain pouring down the windows I mentioned that I'd be soaked before I got half way to the supermarket, so Hubby volunteered to go on his own. This is not something he does as a rule, grocery shopping is one of the things that is usually done whilst he's at work or only under very close supervision.

By the time I'd written a detailed list, explained why I wanted that particular brand or size and explained where everything is, I could have been there and back, have everything put away and be sat with my feet up and a nice coffee.

When he did eventually return, he had dozens of things I didn't ask for as well apparently assuming that someone who does this twice a week can't possibly know better than he does on such topics as how much milk we get through ...

I know he genuinely wanted to help, but if I didn't know him better I'd swear it was a ploy to ensure he's never sent to the supermarket again!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Perhaps he's really saying, in a mans kind of roundabout way, that he'd like you to go with him next time?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've put on my steel helmet and am sat at the bottom of my trench. As a man reading the thread I think it should be called " Damned if you do, damned if you don't" Poor bloke thought he was helping and all he gets is grief! Did this detailed list include the vitals such as biccies, sweets and his favourite magazine etc? Having braved the foul weather I bet he wasn't rewarded with a nice brew and slippers warmed for him. Well you know what to do next time. Plastic rain hood and mac, brolly and waterproof boots.

Before you get even madder I should point out that I do the vast majority of both the shopping and cooking in our home. Please re-direct all mail to Parking Eye.

P.S. Thank God the wife doesn't read this.

I do actually appreciate the thought behind the offer and know him well enough to be sure it was absolutely genuine, tis just me getting a bit frustrated that he thinks he's quicker doing these things for me but actually it takes ten times longer!

And he did have his cuppa and slippers and a nice hot lunch waiting for him when he got back - I also know him well enough to have allowed an extra hour or two so it was still hot! Reason for posting on here is because I wouldn't dream of saying a word of criticism to him and he doesn't read this forum.

For anyone who doesn't know me from other posts - the reason he thinks he's quicker on his own is that he doesn't have to push my wheelchair, which is also the reason I would have got so wet - no matter how much rainproof gear I put on, it does take longer to get anywhere and the water still finds it's way down the back of the chair and under my bum.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

HA ha, RMW, I was pushing my mother the other day after I had convinced her to use her wheelchair as she is waiting for a hip replacement.

We did the usual weekly shop, and when we got to the till to pay, she was amazed at the price, as when she is on her own it is almost three times as much, so I said that whilst it looked cute, that I was pushing my crippled mother around in a wheelchair, it was actually financial!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!