Parking ticket not affixed to vehicle...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello...

Help needed, please!! I was illegally parked for a few minutes whilst I went into the chemist for a prescription.. (there are no car parks or anywhere else to park where I live, so I took a chance).

I came outside and saw a parking attendant about to give me a ticket... when he saw me approaching, he walked away, but didn't attach the ticket...

Will I be liable if the ticket isn't affixed to the car?

Thanks for any advice... TB

If the CEO cannot attach the ticket or hand it to the person they believe to be the driver then it can be deemed issued at the time and the copy sent through the post. The council will claim that this applies where the CEO belives that they may come to physical harm if they stay where they are and that the violation was properly observed and they can ticket through the post. They dont have to prove that you were threatening, just that the CEO held a belief that you might be.

There again the CEO might have just seen you return to the vehicle and stopped issuing the ticket as they thought it not worth the grief of standing there and trying to explain themselves..

They can issue by post if they were prevented from serving it because the vehicle was driven away.

I wouldn't blame a CEO from walking away rather than risking a confrontation - as to whether he intended to carry through the PCN or just gave up and walked away - time will tell. You may or may not get one through the post. I guess where you were parked will be a factor - double yellows?

Hahaha!!! I am a tiny 5ft lady…I didn't threaten him… I apologised and he told me it was "No parking at any time", then he started to wander away as I went to get in the car and I saw him take a photo of a car parked in front of me… no attempt at all was made to give me the ticket… I hope it won't come through the post, but then again, maybe he was waiting for the ticket to print out… there were no yellow lines, it's a bus stop… mind you, there are only about two buses a day out here in the sticks!! Thanks for the replies. TB

no dounbt he will put something in his noterbook so he can explain what he has done that day. The idea about slapping PCN's on vehicles is to get you to change your habits not collect money (no- dont laugh) so it had the desired effet, he tells his boss that his work had this deterent effect and can show piccys to prove it and everyone is happy.

no dounbt he will put something in his noterbook so he can explain what he has done that day. The idea about slapping PCN's on vehicles is to get you to change your habits not collect money (no- dont laugh) so it had the desired effet, he tells his boss that his work had this deterent effect and can show piccys to prove it and everyone is happy.

Hahaha!! (Sorry)...

They usually take the picture after fixing the ticket I've noticed. He could have just been ticketing the car in front and didn't get to you yet.

He was definitely looking at the front of my car... as though he was punching in the reg… then he saw me approaching and wandered off and took a photo of the other car…