How many valuations should the lender get

sirbob10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/repossession/ordered_to_leave/sale_by_a_mortgage_lender

Have a read of what Shelter has to say about this.

It looks as though if you believe the property was undervalued you can get an injuction to stop the sale

If the property has been undervalued, you can ask the courts for an injunction to prevent the sale. This can be done at any time before the completion date. Lenders have a legal responsibility to get the best price for the property that can reasonably be obtained.

Get advice from a solicitor if you think your lender has failed to get a fair price. Use the Gov.uk legal adviser finder to find legal help in your area.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is a further link in the link I posted above, with a little bit of internet searching you might be able to find out how much property is worth in your area.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The sale has already gone through. We received letter for shortfall. Sent SAR which they've eventually responded to but they only got 1 valuation of the house. The house 6 doors down from us was sold for 92,500 in 2013. It was a 3 bed. Ours was a 3 bed plus attic and was sold for £60,000 in March 2015.

I'll admit ours needed some work but not that much.

I am assuming you have been advised of a shortfall then ? In which case, send the following letter which requests details of how they marketed and sold your home.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387500-Mortgage-shortfalls-Request-Breakdown-of-balance-owed-**Correct-as-at-October-2013*

BCOBS

Hi

I've already sent and received the information as part of the SAR which is how I found out about the 1 valuation.

I just wanted to know if 1 valuation was sufficient

Well it looks as though it might be sufficient, however they are supposed to get the best possible return - if you do not think this is so, I guess you could still challenge that they haven't ?

BCOBS