PCN Enforcement Notice Bus Lane Camden- Southampton Row turning from Bloomsbury place

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a pcn for using the bus lane on Southampton Row on my motorcycle during operating hours. I have since then informally challenged the contravention, but the pcn was not cancelled.

My grounds for appeal are: the alleged contravention did not occur due to the signs and road marking being incorrect.

I have attached a pdf with the Enforcement Notice, CCTV images, my route, google street view image and images taken by me a few days later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60559[/ATTACH]

After visiting the site where it happened I found the following:

1-The white information sign (962) on Bloomsbury Place (where I was turning from) was not facing oncoming traffic so had no indication of there being a bus lane (page 6).

2- When stopped at the traffic lights again no indication of the bus lane being there. All I could see was a box junction followed by a pedestrian crossing (page 7). There was traffic as well.

3- As I turned right I moved into the left lane as I was planning to turn left just ahead. there were no angled dashed lines at the start of the lane after there was a large break in a bus lane due to the box junction (please see page 8)

4- there was no 'BUS LANE' markings on the road surface where the bus lane restarted after the box junction (page 8).

5- the hours of operation sign (961) which is situated there was turned at an angle again not facing oncoming traffic (page 8).

Hope to get some helpful advice on to how to word the representations.

Thank you for your help in advance!

You may have some success with what you are saying about the signs, but did the solid white line on your right hand side and the words "BUS LANE" written on the floor further on not give you some inkling that you were in a bus lane ?

If you can be seen on the video changing lanes back into normal traffic as soon as you realised you were in a bus lane, you might have more success, but the photos show you continuing to the end of the lane, despite riding over the rather large words on the floor.

You may have some success with what you are saying about the signs, but did the solid white line on your right hand side and the words "BUS LANE" written on the floor further on not give you some inkling that you were in a bus lane ?

If you can be seen on the video changing lanes back into normal traffic as soon as you realised you were in a bus lane, you might have more success, but the photos show you continuing to the end of the lane, despite riding over the rather large words on the floor.

Thanks for your reply. I did realise I was in the bus lane but I was only able to realise this once I was already travelling in it. The majority of bus lanes in london allow motorbikes to travel in them. I am usually very good at spotting and reading the signs at the entrance and I wouldn't go into one without knowing it operating times. But I had no indication of this when I was turning from Bloomsbury Pl. I went into the left lane as I intended to turn left up ahead. To be honest at the time I had intended to move back on the right, you can see in the picture of me before stopping at the lights I was sticking to the right with the intention to move in, but I didn't feel it was safe to do so.

Like I said i'm not denying I was in it or that I didnt realise I was in it but the fact it was poorly signaled especially when turning from Bloomsbury pl.

This is the case I am trying to ararguei just need to word it correctly.