You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Just to qualify – as long as it's not a made-to-measure sofa or in some way modified specially for you. You should be recording your calls. You shouldn't be doing this kind of thing on the telephone without having the evidence of the conversation – both sides – particularly that they rejected your cancellation of the order. Also you should write to them – refer to the telephone conversations that you've had and the fact that they have refused and point out that this is contrary to the distance selling rules and that you are asserting your right to a 14 day cooling off period. Don't forget, that if the sofa is at all modified for you or made-to-measure then you don't have this right
    • You dont have to sign a contract, working for someone and agreeing to certain conditions create an implied contract. All matters that are the law of the land such as health and safety are part of that inplied contract so no employer can claim  otherwise. The contract was created by working there for more than a month. If they havent actually given her written terms or they arent available on the intranet as an alternative them they have broken the law and that give your wife a bit of leverage and a ci[ple of weeks pay when she drags them through the Employment Tribunal.   the wording you have just posted amkes her resignation correctly doen and they cant tell her to go earlier unless they want to pay her off. Wha she needs to do is remind them that her letter does fulfil her contractual obligations and she expects to leave on that date or be paid off for her notice period. she should let them know that she is willing to take the matter to an ET if necessary. They are currently not paying her, the govt is but they will have to pick up the tab for a month hence their desire to persuade her she is wrong
    • Hi,   the wording is as follows:   When a handbook wishes to hand in their resignation they follow the procedure set out in their contract. A typical length of notice is a month. The staff member must put in writing their resignation.   A little vague I appreciate.    
    • Thank you so much   I have just called the customer service line and was told that I can only 'change' the order within 7 days, I am not allowed to cancel.   I did think this was a bit odd.  So even with the loan agreement in place, I am entitled to cancel? I just want to make sure before I got back to them   Would it also be advisable to go to the store tomorrow with it in writing do you think?
    • a single default for a mobile contract should not cause you any issues. as long as thats the only thing bad with your file..........
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Ryanuk

Lowel/BW claim form - EE mobile phone 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1536 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:yo:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

HELLO!!!!!

I received these the other day.

So is this where I need to submit some sort of defence and hopefully blow them out of the water.

I

I have repeatedly asked for statements etc but they have not sent anything.

IMAG1789.jpg

IMAG1788.jpg

IMAG1787.jpg

IMAG1790.jpg

6/8/9 of the directions are your next priority Ryan...standard disclosure and drafting a witness statement..which must happen by the dates directed.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

il be honest! where the hell do I start. I understand the directions, and I understand my defence but how do you put that to paper in an acceptable way.

You look at other threads....mostly in the Success forum and learn what they have done.....this is a Self Help Forum Ryan..yes we will assist and guide but when you have only ever viewed 4 threads since joining us..time for you to put some work in.

Threads viewed so far:

Lowel/BW claim form - EE mobile phone 'debt' 19th April 2016,

lowell joined 3 debts [2 mobile, 1 credit card]made me BK, n ... 21st January 2016, 18:30

How to Upload Documents / Images on CAG Immediately (you d ... 13th December 2015, 19:25

You have received a Claim - What you need to do. **UPDATED ... 13th December 2015, 18:34

Regards

Andy

That's fine, i'm happy to learn you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks

Standard Disclosure is simple...that will be any CCA/CPR requests and responses and anything else you wish to rely on...this is your evidence.

Witness statements must be drafted to a format and finished with a statement of truth.....once completed this also becomes part of your standard discourse.