I need 12 months worth of statements from 2 accounts, ask for statements or full SAR???

Craigbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In simple terms this is 1 of my 3 accounts,

its literally used for a couple of direct debits that I want to keep separate.

Having second thoughts considering I keep missing them.

I had a direct debit come out this morning which I had forgotten about,

checked my bank and it had been paid so I thought best transfer enough in so i'd not go overdrawn which I did.

And being extremely cynical of banks I take screenshots of everything just incase.

Interestingly I just checked back and that same direct debit has now been bounced

and if you have a look at my screenshots from lunch time today and this evening you will see that they prized the bounced dd

between the dd and the credits.

Naturally i'm extremely anoyed about this and you can bet that if i'd not of credited the account they'd of paid it and charged an od fee.

I will be charged £25 for this so naturally if I can get around this i'd like to.

I should add that there is no charge for being less that £10 overdrawn and they do not charge for being overdrawn if you are bank before 3.30 that working day.

Any ideas much appreciated.:-x

Screens

Lunch : http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af299/badgercraig/Dirt/before.jpg

Just now: http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af299/badgercraig/Dirt/after.jpg

before.jpg

after.jpg

• 3 years later...

Strangely checked my banking today by phone and was surprised to be overdrawn.

There was a debit for £72 that was not on my pending transfers yesterday

I got through to a rep who told me it was overdraft charges from last month,

he then said and I quote

"I've refunded them and they will be back in your account tomorrow",

its a business account if that makes any difference but I was totally lost.

Ive had a couple refunded before just for asking but I didn't even have to ask.

Guess I'm just putting this here as it is probably worth giving them a bell if you have charges and asking.

I didn't even have to turn on the confused act.

• 8 months later...

Ive just noticed that my hsbc account is now an Advance account rather than the standard account. Ive not had anything in writing or have I applied for anything. Should I be concerned?, is there are a charge on this?. All I can seem to find is lower overdrafts but I don't use and overdraft so makes no difference.

The only thing I can possibly think is that I closed a business account a few months ago and they moved the credit card which was a commercial card to my personal account. :???:

I think you should perhaps ask them why they have done this and ensure you obtain a copy of the terms and conditions for the account.

When you have had a response, let us know and we can advise further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Some banks do make these changes without advising customers. What you need to establish is, if this is a free account and that you wont be charged for things you don't want.

They are obliged to advise you 30 days before any changes are made to any changes in account or terms and conditions.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeah.

Maybe its in with a statement or something so i'll have a look.

After having a search it seems it is now free and offered to those earning over a certain amount.

As far as I'm concerned as long as there are no negatives i'll just continue.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5050752

Have just noticed this from a recent t&c update which came as an email (google Important changes we've made to the terms and ... - HSBC) and you can download the pfd, I can't seem to get the link to copy.

Page 12

HSBC Advance Bank Account eligibility

We’ve added an alternative eligibility requirement. So instead of paying at least £1,750 into your account each month you can alternatively pay a minimum of £10,500 into your account every 6 months. Internal transfers from any other sole or joint personal accounts you hold with HSBC Bank won’t count towards these amounts. HSBC Advance Bank Account applications are subject to status and internal checks.

Page 7

Bank Account terms and conditions clause 1

We’ve added the right for us to upgrade a Bank Account to either a HSBC Premier Bank Account or an HSBC Advance Bank Account if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Page 6

Current Account eligibility

We’ve added the right for us to upgrade a Current Account to an HSBC Advance Bank Account if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Page 11

Graduate Bank Account terms and conditions

We’ve added the right for us to convert a Graduate Bank Account to either an HSBC Advance Bank Account or Bank Account (depending on which eligibility criteria you meet) at the end of the two year term.

• 5 months later...

Well 6 weeks later I got another letter giving me 2 months notice to close my account and move on. I suspect it was business use.

Have since opened a business account with Santander and a Cahminder with Co-op. Being extremely careful and looking after everything and keeping things in order. Strange no doubt.

• 2 months later...

Just doing my tax return and need to check a few things. In order to do so I need statements for a couple of closed accounts with hsbc.

Now I only need the statements and nothing else and I know it would take them a long time to compile a SAR while I imagine statements could be done very quick.

I have no local branch now so any ideas what to request would be appreciated.

Statements are usually a few quid a pop per page... If I remember rightly.

A SAR may be the best way :) Will be done within 40 days (Usually 14 - 21 days)

Just specify what you want in the SAR, they will supply just what you need...

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

SAR would be the best way to go agreed, however, when were the accounts closed? Longer than six years?

No, one was literally closed june this year and the other the year before. I only need 13 months worth of statements. I was doing online only through that period so didn't ever have statements.

No but if you pay the Stat Fee for a SAR request and request them they will give them to you as its information held on you under the DPA Request

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I just rang them and they said to send a letter and £10 to my nearest branch(which is now not that local) requesting which statements I need and they will post them me within 5 days. Seems simple enough. I'll just drop a letter with a £10 note in the post.