Declaration of spent disciplinary warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi need some advice, I received a warning while studying at a university, the warning expired when I left the program, I have now returned to the same uni 3 years later and am on a different program but have received a second warning for not declaring the first warning even though it had expired. I have also been told that I should declare these warning to all future prospective employers for ever!!

Any advice welcome.

What warning? Why would an employer need notice of a warning in education? What uni as it doesn't sound credible at all

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What warning? Why would an employer need notice of a warning in education? What uni as it doesn't sound credible at all

Hi it is very real, the uni is in the north east of England . So far we have had a disepinary hearing and appeal and the case has gone to the office of the independent ajudicator. If the uni was my employer it is staging forward but I am struggling to find case law etc regarding the disclosure of warnings in education. Next step is a complaint to the ICO but was hoping to try and find a similar case or regulation I can quote to the uni. The way is stands at the moment I would not have to declare certain spent convictions under the reforms to the rehabilitation of offenders act ( I don't) but there is nothing to stop a prospective employer asking me to declare any and all warnings whist in education.

Can you give mor einfo. The info so far is very vague

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

More information would be helpful.

Universities typically have two main types of student discipline rules, academic misconduct and non-academic behaviour. Non-academic could be something like harassing another student or anti-social behaviour in university premises that isn't serious enough to involve the police. Academic misconduct is things like plagiarism, cheating in exams, impersonating another student to take their exam for them etc. What type of misconduct is involved here?

I'm not sure how a general duty to disclose university warnings arises, although presumably if an employer specifically asked about it it would have to be disclosed. Or if you gave your university tutor as a reference and the question was asked.

The exception might be if you were studying for a course which professional bodies recognised as being part of a professional qualification - eg Law or Accountancy. Possibly there might be a duty to disclose then, but I'm not sure about that. It would presumably be in the rules of the relevant professional body - Law Society, ICAEW etc