• Tweets

• Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice needed- 4 debts totalling over £20K

laidy_ma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and thank you for reading my post. Any help, advice and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

I am sorry in advance for the long and complicated post.

I have 4 debts all defaulted in 2010 for £20+K.

Most of the information I have provided below is from Noddle as I don’t have much paper documentation.

The debts are a personal unsecured loan and 4 credit cards all used on an unsuccessful business plus

I have got very ill and went for urgent treatment abroad (2010) which lead to defaulting the accounts.

1. Barclays – unsecured loan (applied online) originally for £20K taken in 2007,currently owing just under £13K

I have been paying £1 each month since 2013 agreed with them (CDCS/Barclays) over the phone.

I have a letter from them confirming that they agree to receive £1 a month.

The debt shows as ‘Barclays unsecured loan’ on Noddle and no mentioning of CDCS.

I have a current account with Barclays (debit card visa) which I only use to pay £1 to Barclays

and 3 debt collection agencies (£4 each month has been transferred to this account).

The loan is visible on my online banking but shows only the total amount owed before the default in 2010 I think...

I have not got any paperwork regarding terms & conditions, statements etc...

I was paying £385 a month for around 2 years but once I stopped paying for a few months

they kept adding fines and interest even after I was begging them to stop fines

explaining that I was at hospital abroad and unable to organise any payment for few months.

Fines continued even after I started paying them again but reduced monthly amount as much as I could afford (£100-£200).

Then after 2-3 months the account defaulted and I continued paying them reduced amounts (finally agreed by them)

until I was advised to offer a token payment which was agreed without problems in 2013.

2. Credit card- Citi with Cabot Financial Europe.

I pay to Clarity (online payment via their website) which I guess has been employed by Cabot to take the payments of £1 since 2013.

Noddle is updated by Cabot on regular basis showing –£1 each month.

Information on Noddle:

Account start date 07/2007,

opening balance £1436,

default balance £1436,

date of default 06/2010.

Between 2010 and 2013 I was paying more than £1 a month so the current balance is down to £590.

The last letter I have is a confirmation of arrangement for £1 a month with Clarity.

I called Citi years ago to ask them for more information regarding the debt and about Clarity.

They could not find anything in my name with their bank and explained they do not have credit card department anymore

as they no longer offer any credit cards and as far as they are aware I don’t owe them anything.

They could not give me any information about PPI either...

They never wrote to me to explain that they ‘sold’ my debt as far as I remember.

3. Credit Card-HSBC Bank. After defaulted in 2010 Metropolitan Collection Service Limited contacted me

and demanded high monthly payments while I was in the hospital.

In the end reduced payments were agreed.

I was paying them reduced payments (£10 or £20 I don’t remember exactly) on monthly basis until 2013.

They agreed in writing in 2013 a monthly £1 payment

: Commencing Date 29/06/13 Finishing date 28/08/2096!

A few months after the agreement I was contacted by Marlin (Cabot Financial) advising me to start paying them the £1 monthly

and providing me with their details.

Noddle shows that I opened this account in January 2007 and defaulted in June 2010 at £2770.

Noddle currently shows owing of £2400.

I was contacted by Marlin over the phone recently for a review

-I explained that my financial situation is even worse than it was in 2013.

They were fine-still happy to receive the £1.

They also mentioned that a full and final settlement can be arranged at 65% discount

but they would consider a lower offer if I go to them with one- they said.

4. Credit Card-MBNA

-Account start date 05/2006,

defaulted -06/2010 at £6550.

Noddle currently shows that I owe : £5250.

I found a letter dated 01/09/2010 from Experto Credite advising me that Varde Investments(Ireland) Limited

has bought the interest of MBNA Europe Banks Limited and they are legal owner of my account.

‘Under the terms of assignment Experto Credite Ltd has been appointed by Varde to recover any and all outstanding sums.’

I paid Experto Credite £20 on monthly basis

until Aktiv Capital contacted me to inform me that they have taken over my account.

They agreed to the £1 monthly payment in 2013 (which was agreed with Experto Credite already I think) and since then I have been paying it.

I noticed just recently that on my Noddle report instead of Activ Capital, PRA Group UK has taken place as a lender.

I don’t have much memory about any of the credit card debts

- especially the amounts I originally owed.

I found most of the above information on Noddle but I am not really confident how correct it is.

Some of the debts also show payment history for the last couple of years only.

I have the impression that the DCAs who contacted me in 2010 insisted that I owe at least a few hundred more than I thought

but being recovering from an illness and ‘scared’ of unwanted visits and fed up with aggressive telephone calls demanding money

which I could not really afford I did not argue with what they asked me to do and kept paying as much as I can.

I am no longer at the address the above creditors have for me and none of them have been in touch with me via telephone in the last 2 years except Marlin.

I am currently staying at friends address which address I don’t have the permission to use for my financial affairs

as this is my friends work place as well as their home address and it is just down the road from the office of one of the lenders

and they worry that they may come in person to look for me and cause problems

(as the friend has valuable items at the address- including extremely expensive car kept by the owner of the house

who does not live at the address))

I am thinking of renting a Personal Post Box in the town for communication with the lenders.

Do you think this is acceptable as an option?

If/When I get PO Box address would you suggest to contact the lenders for CCA or SAR or another request

or just to inform them for my new correspondence address and wait for them to approach me

or just try to change the address at Noddle and the rest of the credit agencies if that is possible at all?

I don’t really care much about my credit rating but I want to avoid CCJ if possible.

If I don’t provide them with an address I would not even know about any CCJs until I see it on my credit report

and I guess it will be too late for me to defend myself or do anything..

. I mostly worry that when I eventually have a permanent address the bailiffs will turn up at my door

unexpected asking me to pay immediately plus extra charges.

Would you suggest to discuss full and final settlements (a friend may be able to help with money) if the paperwork of the debts is good?

I think I might be able to claim miss sold PPI (at the time of taking the credit cards I was self employed) and unfair penalty charges.

.. I would consider F&F as an option if there is no better option to resolve debts as I feel the whole situation with DCAs and Barclays very stressful.

I am also hoping on starting a job I have been promised in some point next year working for a high profile individual

where my working place address will be the same as my living address

(same address where my boss will be living as well) and if DCAs or bailiffs approach me in person asking for money

or belongings this might cause a big trouble.

For these reasons I wish to resolve these debt issues before accepting any job position of this kind.

I want to thank you for reading my story.

I am not experienced at all with the above situation and I realise that I have already made some mistakes.

For example not asking any debt collectors for proof in first place before start paying them.

Please anyone help me sort this unpleasant situation out and guide me where to start from and what to do?

I really need to sort these debts out ASAP so when I start my new job next year

I don’t need to worry and live in fear about debt collectors turning up at my boss door

asking to collect my belongings etc..

. and causing trouble.

ok lets blow one of your major problem boats out of the water TOTALLY

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER.

so, and I take It you've been told this rubbish over the phone bythe DCA's

as they'd never put in writing what they con you about on the phone

they cannot seize anything nor demand any money at anyone's door

THEY HAVE NO LEGAL POWERS.

you seem to have blindly been taken in by their lies hence why you are paying several DCA's

pers I'd stop paying them.

if they have your debit card details.

then phone your bank and CANEL any Continuous Payment Authorities they might have set up.

no good cancelling the card..that wont work..

on the Barclays loan..who is CDCS please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your prompt reply dx.

CDCS- Central Debt Collection Services.

I received some letters from them on 'Barclays' paper stating in the end of the letter' that this item can be obtained in Braile

, large print or audio by calling Barclays' followed by the Barclays customers service details

but in the top right of the paper are the details of CDCS, PO Box in Manchester , telephone and fax.

I guess CDCS is Barclays. Noddle shows the lender as Barclays and no mentioning of CDCS.

Do you suggest to stop paying the DCAs the £1 and not updating my address at all?

I have not got any standing orders or direct debits set.

I log in every month and pay with my debit card Marlin and Clarity via their website payment option.

I pay Barclays loan using the sort code and account number

I think the loan originally had and Activ Capital (PRA) to their account (sort code, account number)

stating a REF number which was given to me years ago.

I have a clue that DCA cannot legally visit and demand anything

but 5 years ago somebody from DCA visited an address I was not living there already to look for me.

The landlord informed me and gave me a handwritten note by the collector with the company/man name and his telephone number to call...

This was for Vodafone account though...-a different story.

If I stop paying and CCJ is issued I might be surprised by the bailiffs or before they come they have to inform me in writing by sending a letter

to the same address they are going to visit?

How Courts obtain addresses?

I don't want to hide I just don't want to be disturbed by DCAs at my address.

I also think the chance DCAs to go ahead with court proceedings is low but I am really afraid that Barclays might...

quite honestly if you are paying dca's for debts

which you are

and they are that old..i'd stop paying.

your fear has turned you into a cash cow.

you current address is on your credit file.

certainly I'd not do anything with the Barclay loand or ANY type ofcredit

that you are paying to THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR

but all those DCA's that have spoofed you for years

I'd be stopping paying them now.

and stay off the phonex

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The addresses in my credit file are no longer up to date.

I have not informed the banks (2 current accounts- one with Barclays) of my current address for the moment

as I am only at this address for a short time staying with friends..

. I have only provided DVLA and The Tax Office an address where they can write to me if needed.

For example if Barclays wants to contact me they can't because the letter will go to an address I no longer reside at.

and when is this temp address issue likely to resolve itself?

dx

and they

Hi dx,

I will be working and living at my employers HOME address and I think I will need to get a PO Box

and not using their address just in case CCJ is issued-

I worry that if bailiffs or DCAs visit this may cause me my job.

I hope to start my new job in 3-4 months.

Do you suggest not to use PO Box and use my working/living address?

why not simply bumble on doing what you were for 4 more months

you've been doing it this long .

extra bit wont hurt.

then deal with things

dx

and they

cca request to everyone you are paying.

bar the bank accounts if any

and they

I logged in to Noddle and I see that I can change my address myself in my credit file personal details if this is going to help?

Do you suggest that I close my current bank accounts?

Why is that?

I will need to register as self employed once I have started the new job

and I guess I will need a bank account to be able to pay NI and tax.

Or maybe there is another way to pay taxes and NI?

I will definitely post here before sending CCA requests to the DCAs and Barclays loan.

Is sending postal orders the best option for paying the £1 together with the CCA request?

I will be working and living at my employers HOME address and I think I will need to get a PO Box and not using their address just in case CCJ is issued

Royal Mail will provide the real address behind a PO Box number to anyone on request, so you could still be traced. In addition, I doubt very much that any court documents could be served on a PO Box number as enforcement would be difficult. A DCA would most likely use the last known physical address and then get a judgement by default.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks Mr. P -

I was planning on a different company post box not Royal Mail and also the back up address will be a friends address

who will register this PO Box for me to use as Mail Boxes allows to register a second name on the PO Box.

The post box will contain a street name and number and suit number not a PO box number. I think it will be acceptable to provide this address to the lenders when requesting CCA?

Am I really obliged to update all the time DCAs if I change address?

I agree that they will probably do what you said but nobody will be able to trace me at the last known physical address which appears on my credit file.

Of course I guess one day they will find where I live and surprise me with bailiffs etc.

.. without me being aware...

That's why I was thinking it may be a good idea to contact lenders with CCA request before I have started my new job

and see what they will provide me with..

. If chances for CCJ are high (if their CCA papers come back perfect) maybe I can offer them F&F settlement if necessary..

. I thought my chances for low F&F are better before I start working and earning anything.

What do you think?

firstly the bar bank accounts comment

that's in relation to CCA requests..you cant CCA a bank account.

pers

and again as you keep worry about bailiffs

I'd use the next 3-4 months to start reading around here

as you still are a wee bit green on these matters.

and they

Thanks Mr. P -

I was planning on a different company post box not Royal Mail and also the back up address will be a friends address

who will register this PO Box for me to use as Mail Boxes allows to register a second name on the PO Box.

The post box will contain a street name and number and suit number not a PO box number. I think it will be acceptable to provide this address to the lenders when requesting CCA?

Am I really obliged to update all the time DCAs if I change address?

I agree that they will probably do what you said but nobody will be able to trace me at the last known physical address which appears on my credit file.

Of course I guess one day they will find where I live and surprise me with bailiffs etc.

.. without me being aware...

That's why I was thinking it may be a good idea to contact lenders with CCA request before I have started my new job

and see what they will provide me with..

. If chances for CCJ are high (if their CCA papers come back perfect) maybe I can offer them F&F settlement if necessary..

. I thought my chances for low F&F are better before I start working and earning anything.

What do you think?

It doesn't matter how good or bad the paperwork is if you don't defend the claim. If it goes to an old address you won't know about a claim, so the lender wins by default.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks dx. No CCA request to my bank accounts only to DCAs-3 credit cards and Barclays unsecured loan. I understand now, thanks. :-)

You are right I really worry. I will try to calm down. I am already reading a lot of helpful posts around here which I find very helpful.

I am a bit disappointed that when I contacted a debt charity agency in 2013 for advice they never mentioned to request CCA from debtors etc... before continuing paying them... These issues could have been resolved much earlier if I had the correct advice...

Thank you again. I will post again once I am ready for action.

I don't think you can issue a claim to a PO box ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sending CCA requests providing a post box correspondence address I think is acceptable... If I end doing this I will let you know what happens.

About court orders I agree that this might be a problem...and I might end with issued CCJs without knowing.

If anyone has any experience with the above please let me know. Any advice is welcome.

Edited by laidy_ma

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am going to update my address with the DCAs who I pay £1 a month so I can request CCAs from them to see what they will come back with.

Account/Ref number:......

Please change the address of the above account to: .............

Note that the address is provided strictly for correspondence purposes only and no physical visits.

Can you please suggest a formal sentence to add saying something like- 'Not convenient to visit in person at the above address’?

Please ensure that you note the above information and direct all future correspondence to the address provided above.

Sincerely,

No Signature? Only name?

Any suggestions and corrections to the above are welcome. Thanks in advance

Why not kill two birds with one stone, send the CCA request in with your change of address? (obtain proof of posting which is free from the PO counter)

Who are the DCA's and WHAT debts are you going to be CCA'ing, as certain debts (Mobile/Overdraft) won't fall under CCA's.

Don't sign, correct, just print your name, also if you change your address details on your CRF then DCA's will be auto informed anyway as they are in the pockets of CRA's..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your prompt reply Bazooka Boo. I will be sending recorded - just to be absolutely sure that they receive the letters and don't have excuses. All debts are for credit cards defaulted in 2010. I have posted about my debts in a different post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456974-Advice-needed-4-debts-totalling-over-£20K

I am not planning to update my address on credit files for now. I only check Noddle from time to time and only one administration review has been done by 1 DCA in the last 12 months... How DCAs can see my credit file details? Don't they need to pay fee for that?

I guess I might send both Change of address letter and CCA request in the same envelope...

Send the CCA request http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974-**Updated-January-2015** along with the stat fee (£1) and a cover note;

Dear bill&ben,

Please note my new address for correspondence,--------------------------------------

This is effective from date.

Regards.

PRINT NAME

There is NO NEED to send this by RD, send it 2nd class post with 'Proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, sending it RD just tells them you have money to waste and can pay them.

When did you take out these CC's and how? Who are the original creditors and who is chasing for them now?

DCA's have sight of Credit files, credit reference agencies are not there for you, they are there for their chums in the debt industry who pay them for the information you have on your CRF.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think all those businesses using the Credit Reference Agencies do have to pay a fee, laidy.

BB's idea is a good one, making the CCA request and change of address at the same time. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

BCOBS