• Tweets

• Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
    • I’m pleased to report the dealer has provided a full refund. He admits the vehicle wasn’t as described. This now closes the matter  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

What are some of the things that you don't understand about society..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A/ Why are hover boards sold if you can't use them on the pavement or road.

B/ why do people text while crossing the road.

C/ Why do some young people wear there trousers half way down.

D/ Why do some people shout at someone if they are next to them.

Any ideas of the above would be welcome and perhaps some of your own..

I would definitely like to know the answer to C..

Is father christmas married ?

It is my understanding that he is married :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Why people don't look where they're going. I then get dirty looks for being in their way.

You are probably invisible - I find this happens quite a lot..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Why a minority of men think it's ok to stop a lone woman and harass her. Its happened to me and he wasn't happy when I told him no.

Why people don't look where they're going. I then get dirty looks for being in their way.

I don't get it when people just walk into you and yet half the pavement is free. Its mobile phones that should be banned from using when walking. If you need to use your mobile when out and about, stop somewhere, sit down and try again..

5.why do some people keep making loads of absolutely pointless threads on forums like cag...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5.why do some people keep making loads of absolutely pointless threads on forums like cag...

dx

There is nothing pointless about this thread I can assure you. Most people think about all sorts of things but some of us are prepared to ask them..

How all my shares I had in banks are worthless after the crash, yet the FTSE is higher now than when the crash happened!

Because of all the tax payer money that was gifted to them :lol:

BCOBS

Why when i venture into that dangerous place the supermarket do people insist on blocking my way with the trolleys.

Either side of the aisles and one in the middle looking at invisible articles.

You will not pass.A snarl worthy of a boxer if you say anything or a quick mumble as they move over your toes as they move out of the way.

A lethal weapon in some peoples hands.

Over your toes they go,i am sure sometimes some get pleasure from this. Many times a smile comes across their faces as they bruise you in the most unusual places.

Then out into the gales in the carparks to see the abandoned trolleys doing the trolley dance that ends up smashing into your car.

I have even seen them flying down roads at 20 mph

Which has me roaring with laughter:wink:,then tears when you see it smash once again into your car.

A double whammy.:-)

And how do they,the trolleys end up in alleys,lakes,canals even on a scrap mans truck at times.

Some sort of holiday they are having perhaps.

I have heard they are worth a hundred or two.At that price they should have trackers.

To hunt them down for a reward.

How come every friend I have on facebbook has a wonderful magical life where nothing is ever wrong and they never worry about anything :)

Oh and why do they think I care if they are in Tesco's ???

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This is an American import, it originated in ghetto / poor areas where the use of 'hand-me-down' clothing is prolific. The thinking behind it is, I understand, to demonstrate that your older brother is much larger in stature than the wearer and therefore they're not to be messed with. An unspoken promise of a good hiding from the wearer's bigger, stronger, tougher brother.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

This is an American import, it originated in ghetto / poor areas where the use of 'hand-me-down' clothing is prolific. The thinking behind it is, I understand, to demonstrate that your older brother is much larger in stature than the wearer and therefore they're not to be messed with. An unspoken promise of a good hiding from the wearer's bigger, stronger, tougher brother.

Is this true? Very interesting if so.

BCOBS

I'll quote the urban dictionary to explain C.

Sagging:

wearing ones pants around the hips so that they sag down and bunch up around the ankles. Originally, this was a prison thing that signified that you were another prisoner's property, ie bitch. Punks were forced to wear their pants this way. Somehow this became a 1990's fashion trend. I learned this from watching a TV special on prison life. The inmate who related the story was an elderly black gentleman who had been sentenced to life in prison and had been there for over fifty years. He marveled how such a mark of shame became a fashion statement. He said that younger inmates don't believe him when he tells them but swears it's the truth. I believed him. I also think they should let him out already, he's like 80 and I don't think he represents a threat to society.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed innapropriate words.

I'll quote the urban dictionary to explain C.

Sagging:

wearing ones pants around the hips so that they sag down and bunch up around the ankles. Originally, this was a prison thing that signified that you were another prisoner's property, ie bitch. Punks were forced to wear their pants this way. Somehow this became a 1990's fashion trend. I learned this from watching a TV special on prison life. The inmate who related the story was an elderly black gentleman who had been sentenced to life in prison and had been there for over fifty years. He marveled how such a mark of shame became a fashion statement. He said that younger inmates don't believe him when he tells them but swears it's the truth. I believed him. I also think they should let him out already, he's like 80 and I don't think he represents a threat to society.

I believe it goes back further in prisons/chain gangs and slavery, your belt would be taken away to prevent harming yourself and others, and of course your trousers would not stay up.

I believe it goes back further in prisons/chain gangs and slavery, your belt would be taken away to prevent harming yourself and others, and of course your trousers would not stay up.

I stand, quite happily, corrected then.

The explanation I posted came from a Discovery style documentary on gang culture a good while ago.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.