You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1653 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advise on below as I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do next.

On the 16-Nov-2015 I received a CCJ for £2,958.71. This included all costs and interest and was to be paid forthwith

On the 2-Dec-2015 I paid, directly to the creditor £2,958.71

I emailed creditor on the 2-Dec-2015 to say I had made payment

On the 4-Dec-2015 I called the creditor twice to confirm they had received payment. I was promised a call back. No call was returned.

On the 7-Dec-2015 an email was received from creditor saying that the payment of £2,958.71 clears the judgement debt only

and that further costs of £111.75 plus a further sum for sheriff fees and additional costs.

It then went on to say that as I had failed to respond to the sheriffs initial compliance letter I was liable to additional fees.

I have not received any correspondence from a sheriff at this stage.

Today the sheriff attended my property (no one home) stating, in a letter through the door, t

he amount I owe is £3,070.46 (which is the CCJ plus this £111.75 which I don't know what that is for),

interest of £6.49 was added, a £90 compliance stage fee,

a £822 enforcement stage fee, less payment of £2958.71 leaving a balance of £1,030.24.

They have taken into control two cars and have told me to pay this by 18-Dec-2015.

I called the creditor and sheriff today.

I was told that despite paying the CCJ the creditor instructed the sheriff to peruse the debt in full

(I guess the remaining £111.75) which had I been told about it prior to the 5-Dec-2015 I would have paid.

So my questions are,

once a CCJ is paid can they legally enforce the debt with no further court order?

and secondly

are the fees appropriate for the outstanding balance of £111.75

or are they entitled to work on the original balance of £3,070.46 despite the majority being paid?.

Thanks very much!!!

As I understand it, you only had to pay whatever was on the Judgment ? So if it asked only for £2,958.71.and this is what you paid, I am not sure why you are being asked for more money. Perhaps have a word with the court ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm sure that if you paid the judgement within 28days of it being handed down

they can go bugger off!

tell the court what they have done.

what was the debt please

consumer credit

or something else?

and by whom was the claim made

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks for replies. I will call the court on Monday.

@dx...It was for a utility company (bulkLPG gas).

I had a budget account with a monthly DD in place which lapsed when I changed bank accounts earlier in the year

and I didn't set it up on the new account at same time wife was taken ill.

That's not to say I shouldn't have dealt with this prior to it going to court

so I only have myself to blame in that sense.

But this strikes me as inappropriate behaviour by the company in the first place

and then the high court bailiff seem to be a bunch of chancers adding nearly £1k worth of charges

when I spoke with them explaining I had paid the judgement therefore asking them to justify what were they enforcing today

they spoke about writs being issued and executed and were behaving correctly and it all sounded very complicated.

I'll certainly look to peruse this with both companies regulators/governing bodies.

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advise on below as I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do next.

On the 16-Nov-2015 I received a CCJ for £2,958.71. This included all costs and interest and was to be paid forthwith

On the 2-Dec-2015 I paid, directly to the creditor £2,958.71

I emailed creditor on the 2-Dec-2015 to say I had made payment

On the 4-Dec-2015 I called the creditor twice to confirm they had received payment. I was promised a call back. No call was returned.

On the 7-Dec-2015 an email was received from creditor saying that the payment of £2,958.71 clears the judgement debt only

and that further costs of £111.75 plus a further sum for sheriff fees and additional costs.

You really do need to check with the creditor as to what date they transferred the judgment to the High Court.

What date was the Notice of Enforcement from the enforcement company?

You really do need to check with the creditor as to what date they transferred the judgment to the High Court.

What date was the Notice of Enforcement from the enforcement company?

I didn't receive such a notice however they claim to have sent one on 25-Nov and I have no reason to doubt that is the case. Would that be the date they transferred it?

Many thanks

Yes and see if you have a record of the day the payment left your bank.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I do. My bank account online shows the payment was made on 2nd Dec and the creditor has confirmed they received payment on 2nd Dec in an email.

Payment was made by debit card via creditors online payment system

A forthwith Judgment can be executed immediately ...so from the 17th November on wards ...if you have a copy of the judgment does it refer to a payment date?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A forthwith Judgment can be executed immediately ...so from the 17th November on wards ...if you have a copy of the judgment does it refer to a payment date?

Regards

Andy

Yes indeed it can. The issue is if the judgement sum was paid before the HCEO received the writ from the court.

Before this the debt was not under and enforcment power, so the compliance fee cannot be charged. In fact it is unlikely that the transfer up fee can be reclaimed by the bailiff. as the power, as said had not commenced when the fee was charged.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes Im fully aware of the issue and transfer...I want to know if a date had been provided on the judgment notice of payment by xxxxx....if there was then in reality it should never have been transferred up until after that date.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes Im fully aware of the issue and transfer...I want to know if a date had been provided on the judgment notice of payment by xxxxx....if there was then in reality it should never have been transferred up until after that date.

I have seen quite a few where the original CCJ has been awarded but then been transferred up immediately. Sometimes frowned upon by a DJ - particularly if full payment made if debtor not previously aware & Set Aside quite likely to succeeed, therefore then leaving the creditor to pick up the HCEO fees.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry didn't see this response. Are we sure that the creditor has to wait for the settlement date on the judgement in respect of the transfer ?

I cannot see any requirement in the HCEO legislation, it just says that the creditor can transfer as soon as he receives the judgement.

I have no doubt that the HCEO would have to wait for the period to expire before commencing enforcement , but cannot find any restrictions regarding the instruction process.

As said enforcement may be applied for immediately Judgment has been given. HCEO only carries out instructions given by his Client.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes pretty much as I thought, i was responding to Andys point about the judgement no being moved up until after the payment date on the judgement.

I surmise " frowned on by District Judges " being the operative word PT.....its a very grey area.....even with a forthwith the given is 28 days...we had one the other day were it was 16 so can vary.

If the correct process is followed and successful execution is to be attained...the judgment creditor should allow a little time for payment and then seek an Order to obtain information on the judgment debtor...to decide the best option of execution...however in some instances they may already be aware of the debtors financial position..but most not.

As said enforcement may be applied for immediately Judgment has been given. HCEO only carries out instructions given by his Client.

Perhaps it's time to give a grace period say 7 or 14 days before Enforcement can be applied for.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I surmise " frowned on by District Judges " being the operative word PT.....its a very grey area.....even with a forthwith the given is 28 days...we had one the other day were it was 16 so can vary.

If the correct process is followed and successful execution is to be attained...the judgment creditor should allow a little time for payment and then seek an Order to obtain information on the judgment debtor...to decide the best option of execution...however in some instances they may already be aware of the debtors financial position..but most not.

I fully concur with that andyorch.

Last time I attended a Hearing at the RCJ the Master raised his eyes at "instant" enforcement and suggested 21 days should have been in order. Came back to bite them as all was overturned, all monies including fees had to be reimbursed & costs awarded against the creditor - payment to be made within 7 days.Served them right for being too impatient.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for late reply been going round in circles on this one.

Spoke to issuing court who just said they need to see a letter of satisfaction from creditor

and that the HCEO is working on their behalf so it is for them to tell them when to cease collection.

From the dates I know the CCJ was transferred up and assigned to HCEO prior to my payment being made.

The CCJ didn't give a date just said "forthwith"

I'm sure that if you paid the judgement within 28days of it being handed down

they can go bugger off! tell the court what they have done. dx

As already stated most judgments are payable immediately (forthwith).

The £111.75 is the execution costs which are £60 court fee for the Writ and £51.75 fee for the instructing solicitor.

Some new and inexperienced HCEOs do not understand the £51.75 is only applicable by a solicitor

and have been offering it to all creditors in an attempt to have a commercial advantage.

If charged correctly, this fee will all be owed.

If you paid after the Notice of Enforcement was issued you will also owe the Compliance Stage fee.

If you paid after the first visit then you will owe the Enforcement Stage 1 fee

and dependant upon what else has happened in the case you may also owe Enforcement Stage 2 fee.

Who are the HCEO company?

As already stated most judgments are payable immediately (forthwith).

But that is just the point of concern and discussion here HCEOs ...even forthwith judgments are allowed a grace of 28 days and are not submitted to the Trust Registry until after that period.....so why are they being allowed to transfer it up to HC and execute the judgment prematurely ?

Regards

Andy

The period to pay will often depend on whether the judgment is defended or by default. Most defended judgments allow 14 days to make payment whereas default judgments are payable immediately.

In terms of time, the creditor is not obliged to allow time for payment and neither are they to seek an order to obtain information. This is an additional cost that rarely gives them what they want as many debtors appear lie about their outgoings.

But that is just the point of concern and discussion here HCEOs ...even forthwith judgments are allowed a grace of 28 days and are not submitted to the Trust Registry until after that period.....so why are they being allowed to transfer it up to HC and execute the judgment prematurely ?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy, Forthwith judgments are just that. There is no 28 days grace at present.

" The period to pay will often depend on whether the judgment is defended or by default. Most defended judgments allow 14 days to make payment whereas default judgments are payable immediately. "

True...the payment date is set by the claimant in an event of default judgment...

CPR 12 Nature of judgment where default judgment obtained by filing a request

(1) Where the claim is for a specified sum of money, the claimant may specify in a request filed under rule 12.4(1) –

(a) the date by which the whole of the judgment debt is to be paid; or

(b) the times and rate at which it is to be paid by instalments.

(2) Except where paragraph (4) applies, a default judgment on a claim for a specified amount of money obtained on the filing of a request, will be judgment for the amount of the claim (less any payments made) and costs –

(a) to be paid by the date or at the rate specified in the request for judgment; or

(b) if none is specified, immediately.

Hi Andy, Forthwith judgments are just that. There is no 28 days grace at present.

I would be grateful if you could source me the relevant CPR/Legislation on that point HCEO.

Apologies Confus3me for this Hijack on your thread but this point is very relevant to your thread

Regards

Andy