• Tweets

• Euro have got a lot wrong and have failed to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  According to Section 13 after ECP have written to Arval they should then send a NTH to the Hirer  which they have done.This eliminates Arval from any further pursuit by ECP. When they wrote to your company they should have sent copies of everything that they asked Arval for. This is to prove that your company agree what happened on the day of the breach. If ECP then comply with the Act they are allowed to pursue the hirer. If they fail, to comply they cannot make the hirer pay. They can pursue until they are blue in the face but the Hirer is not lawfully required to pay them and if it went to Court ECP would lose. Your company could say who was driving but the only person that can be pursued is the Hirer, there does not appear to be an extension for a driver to be pursued. Even if there was, because ECP have failed miserably to comply with the Act  they still have no chance of winning in Court. Here are the relevant Hire sections from the Act below.
    • Thank-you FTMDave for your feedback. May I take this opportunity to say that after reading numerous threads to which you are a contributor, I have great admiration for you. You really do go above and beyond in your efforts to help other people. The time you put in to help, in particular with witness statements is incredible. I am also impressed by the way in which you will defer to others with more experience should there be a particular point that you are not 100% clear on and return with answers or advice that you have sought. I wish I had the ability to help others as you do. There is another forum expert that I must also thank for his time and patience answering my questions and allowing me to come to a “penny drops” moment on one particular issue. I believe he has helped me immensely to understand and to strengthen my own case. I shall not mention who it is here at the moment just in case he would rather I didn't but I greatly appreciate the time he took working through that issue with me. I spent 20+ years of working in an industry that rules and regulations had to be strictly adhered to, indeed, exams had to be taken in order that one had to become qualified in those rules and regulations in order to carry out the duties of the post. In a way, such things as PoFA 2012 are rules and regulations that are not completely alien to me. It has been very enjoyable for me to learn these regulations and the law surrounding them. I wish I had found this forum years ago. I admit that perhaps I had been too keen to express my opinions given that I am still in the learning process. After a suitable period in this industry I became Qualified to teach the rules and regulations and I always said to those I taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. If opinions, theories and observations are put forward, discussion can take place and as long as the result is that the student is able to clearly see where they went wrong and got to that moment where the penny drops then that is a valuable learning experience. No matter how experienced one is, there is always something to learn and if I did not know the answer to a question, I would say, I don't know the answer to that question but I will go and find out what the answer is. In any posts I have made, I have stated, “unless I am wrong” or “as far as I can see” awaiting a response telling me what I got wrong, if it was wrong. If I am wrong I am only too happy to admit it and take it as a valuable learning experience. I take the point that perhaps I should not post on other peoples threads and I shall refrain from doing so going forward. 🤐 As alluded to, circumstances can change, FTMDave made the following point that it had been boasted that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing .... but now they have. I too used the word "seemed" because it is true, we haven't had all the details. After perusing this forum I believe certain advice changed here after the Beavis case, I could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember reading. Could it be that after winning the above case in question, a claimant could refer back to this case and claim that a defendant had not made use of the appeal process, therefore allowing the claimant to win? Again, in this instance only, I do not know what is to be gained by not making an appeal or concealing the identity of the driver, especially if it is later admitted that the defendant was the driver and was the one to input the incorrect VRN in error. So far no one has educated me as to the reason why. But, of course, when making an appeal, it should be worded carefully so that an error in the appeal process cannot be referred back to. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post here but I wanted to bring up this point for discussion. Yes, I admit I have limited knowledge, but does that mean I should have kept silent? After I posted that I moved away from this forum slightly to find other avenues to increase my knowledge. I bought a law book and am now following certain lawyers on Youtube in the hope of arming myself with enough ammunition to use in my own case. In one video titled “7 Reasons You Will LOSE Your Court Case (and how to avoid them)” by Black Belt Barrister I believe he makes my point by saying the following, and I quote: “If you ignore the complaint in the first instance and it does eventually end up in court then it's going to look bad that you didn't co-operate in the first place. The court is not going to look kindly on you simply ignoring the company and not, let's say, availing yourself of any kind of appeal opportunities, particularly if we are talking about parking charge notices and things like that.” This point makes me think that, it is not such a bizarre judgement in the end. Only in the case of having proof of payment and inputting an incorrect VRN .... could it be worthwhile making a carefully worded appeal in the first instance? .... If the appeal fails, depending on the reason, surely this could only help if it went to court? As always, any feedback gratefully received.
    • To which official body does one make a formal complaint about a LPA fixed charge receiver? Does one make a complaint first to the company employing the appointed individuals?    Or can one complain immediately to an official body, such as nara?    I've tried researching but there doesn't seem a very clear route on how to legally hold them to account for wrongful behaviour.  It seems frustratingly complicated because they are considered to be officers of the court and held in high esteem - and the borrower is deemed liable for their actions.  Yet what does the borrower do when disclosure shows clear evidence of wrong-doing? Does anyone have any pointers please?
    • Steam is still needed in many industries, but much of it is still made with fossil fuels.View the full article
    • Less than 1% of Japan's top companies are led by women despite years of efforts to address the issue.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Thinking of trying for a court order for SAR

nannamoon1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested the SAR via email, and was told I had to send the £10 once they had collated all the records and NOT before as they did not know how much the cost would be, either £10 or £50

I did offer to send the payment as soon as they acknowledged mt request via email an the identification process but they declined.

I have sent the £10 today Special Delivery as soon as I put the phone down from talking to them, I know what they are like with phrase "we have not received your payment"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh i see, this would be because any manually held records, as opposed to electronically held records can incur a maximum £50 fee to process this,

see here: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2635.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=160

my apologies, my previous post was not correct

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

ahh i see, this would be because any manually held records, as opposed to electronically held records can incur a maximum £50 fee to process this,

see here: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2635.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=160

my apologies, my previous post was not correct

No worries, because no one bothered to contact me, and I happened to chase them up today they will not get the records to me by the 40 days, also do I challenge whether the questionnaires are going to be included in the records or wait and see what I receive?

Did you specifically ask for them? With NHS records it can depend on the sensitivity of whats in there, check the link above

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Did you specifically ask for them? With NHS records it can depend on the sensitivity of whats in there, check the link above

These questionnaires are so basic they are sent from consultant to school and are tick box's there is nothing sensitive to be with held

The consultant is saying what we are saying about our son does not match what he is doing at school from looking at the questionnaires, however the school SENCO whom we have a good relationship with has said he has spoen tot the consultant many times and what we are saying is what the school are saying.

Hence the reason for my SAR request, as someone is not being truthful, and my gut feeling is its the consultant as she is the one reluctant to release the questionnaires. So do I ask now are they included or wait and see what arrives?

wait and see what comes back

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

We have finally received the information from our SAR request, they missed the 40 day deadline, we sent a reminder and received the information a week later.

I have some questions and would be grateful for some help

Information is missing, however after contacting the ICO it appears I can request this information but the ICO has no powers to make the NHS provide the information, nor do they have the powers to enforce the NHS to allow the ICO to see the information that they have with held to make a decision if it is detrimental to our son or us as a family.

So theatrically, the ICO have no real powers at all, when the NHS breached the 40 the ICO told us to send them a reminder and give them another 14 days, what is the point of the 40 days if they are allowed another 14.

The only way we would be able to get the information is to take the NHS to court where the Judge will decide if we can have the information and the NHS will have to provide the information for the Jude to decide.

We requested some questionnaires that we have received, this is super evidence that a professional has been lying in the fact she has been telling us one thing (we have email proof) and the consultant something else.

When we questioned the profession in question, she has gone mad, denying everything, (we have proof with emails) and that she did not give her permission and has not seen these particular records.

This proves totally that the diagnosis was premeditated before we went into the psychiatrists appointment.

Apparently, she is going to speak with her boss this week and see how we can move forward (there is no moving forward I want you off the case) and get back to us this week.

My questions are:

What can I do legally if anything at all?

The data was printed off on October 12th we received it on Thursday but there has been correspondenc since which we have not received, should we have received the data up to date?

We have been told by the NHS that the data is pulled and then it goes to each person to get their authorisation to release the information, is that correct? so for example if 20 professionals were involved then each piece of data would go to that particular professional to go through frist before saying the information can be released or not, (its detrimental in their eyes)

There is information in the documents that we received that are untruthful and the professional has said it was taken in the wrong context when we questioned her, she said this been mis-interprted by the consultant (these notes are typed up from phones calls between this professional and the consultant).

We asked for an email with a report to be emailed to a professional prior to the appointment, it appears this was never done, yet we have an email confirming that she had done this. (again we know why she did not forward the information on)

We have not done anything at the moment as we are still digesting all the information and cross referencing the lies.

Hi nannamoon,

What is your ultimate goal here, having requested and at least partially received the information you wanted from the NHS, what are you looking to achieve at the end of the day?

Hi nannamoon,

What is your ultimate goal here, having requested and at least partially received the information you wanted from the NHS, what are you looking to achieve at the end of the day?

Admit liability to start with, however as many similar threads on here it does not appear to be rare that the NHS can conduct themselves in this manor and get away with it.

I can 100% prove the diagnosis was premeditated prior to entering the room, therefore a fair assessment has not been conducted

Its not only this case where the "said professional" has lied and then tried to back track, she has been doing it to our sons school too and when questioned tries to back track.

Is it worth pursuing the rest of the information missing from the records?

If your intention is to proceed to court then you need all the information from them, im not 100% certain if there is any difference when dealing with the NHS with regards to SAR's as in whether they are also legally obliged to disclose all information.

I think you should now write back asking that they send whatever info you feel has been omitted with a deadline of say 14 days prior to escalating to the ICO, or if that proves fruitless, then court action may be required to get them to release the info to you.

If you manage to get them to admit liability, where does it go after that?

If your intention is to proceed to court then you need all the information from them, im not 100% certain if there is any difference when dealing with the NHS with regards to SAR's as in whether they are also legally obliged to disclose all information.

I think you should now write back asking that they send whatever info you feel has been omitted with a deadline of say 14 days prior to escalating to the ICO, or if that proves fruitless, then court action may be required to get them to release the info to you.

If you manage to get them to admit liability, where does it go after that?

The ICO are not as powerful as you would suspect, the NHS appear to be being difficult in many ways along with another professional who does not work for the NHS, but she works for a professional body.

I have already been in talks with the ICO and whilst I can do what you have suggested above write back and give them 14 days bla bla I can then pursue to the ICO, BUT the ICO have NO powers to force ANYONE to show them all of the data including the missing Data, NHS do not have to tell the ICO why they are with holding either.

Reading on some other threads going to court, the % of getting the information is quite low.

I feel very strongly that we have been I suppose "stitched up" and I can prove this by cross referencing emails to letters and the data I received despite some missing.

I feel that the NHS get away with performing the way they do because they know they can get away with it.

If I can get them to admit liability then It will be something, whether I would pursue for compensation or not I am not entirely sure at this stage.

Along the way they breached the DPA 3 times and I did complain and have a prejudice letter admitting liability and how very sorry they were.

The DPA works on the same principle for the NSH as it does for anyone. There is not really any Data that would could harm or distress that they should not release, they are just being difficult, and trying to cover their errors.

I have questioned the professional body that does not work for the NHS and she has said she needs to speak with her boss and get back to us by the end of the week, and she denied everything (however I do have proof which she has forgot via emails she is lying) She has asked what am I going to do with the information meaning the data, I ignored the question.

Ok you have said you want them to "admit liability for a start". i have asked where you are going with this so that the site can help you achieve your goal. if you achieve getting them to admit liability, what next or is that your only goal?

Ok you have said you want them to "admit liability for a start". i have asked where you are going with this so that the site can help you achieve your goal. if you achieve getting them to admit liability, what next or is that your only goal?

I have asked questions above and hopefully someone can help me decide what I want to do IF I get them to accept liability.

My questions are above that I am going to struggle with a) obtaining the rest of the information, even going to court, and further more the professional that does not work for the NHS tried to advise us to do something illegal to which she advised us to do in an email, but it was illegal to to what she was asking us to do.

If after I try and get them to accept liability would I have a claim against them, the NHS and this other body?

I think you would struggle to get a straight admission of liabilty, even in compensation cases which have gone through the court process, liability is rarely admitted even when compensation is awarded.

If you have proof that malpractice has took place and you can show this with the paperwork you have then i strongly suggest you seek legal representation and prepare for your day in court, i cant see this going any other way and a solicitor will be able to put far more pressure on the NHS to release documents on which you may rely.

Others here may have more experience with dealing with this type of case but i truly think you will need expert legal help.

I think you would struggle to get a straight admission of liabilty, even in compensation cases which have gone through the court process, liability is rarely admitted even when compensation is awarded.

If you have proof that malpractice has took place and you can show this with the paperwork you have then i strongly suggest you seek legal representation and prepare for your day in court, i cant see this going any other way and a solicitor will be able to put far more pressure on the NHS to release documents on which you may rely.

Others here may have more experience with dealing with this type of case but i truly think you will need expert legal help.

Thank you, I think you may be right regarding expert legal advice, however we all know too well how costly solicitors are, and I am not sure even if we get some compensation so to speak that it would be that much. I might just seek a one off appointment and see what they say about the case. We all know no win no fee is a bit of a con unless a case is very clear cut and I am not sure any solicitor would take on a case like this on a no win no fee.

Maybe someone on here will have a better knowledge of the legalities of a case like this.

Hi - I don't think you will manage to get the NHS to admit liability for anything in writing, no matter how strong your evidence might be. That isn't something I've ever heard of the NHS doing. Much like local authorities, the NHS tends to fight anything with a whiff of litigation around it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone can advise on obtaining a court order to obtain with held information from the NHS in request of my SAR for our son.

We have found out and have factual proof of lies, however we had to obtain another request for a SAR from Cahms as they come under a different NHS, CaHMs have virtually with held everything, not sure why because the NHS have disclosed everything and I would like CaHms just to add to the case, so its nothing really that I have not heard or seen before.

What is the success rate for going to court for the information? and would it be?

How old is your son ? Do you have parental responsibility ? Does the child have full mental capacity ?

My son is 12, and yes we have full parental capacity, we have all the Data from the NHS which has revealed the lies and cover ups, full factual evidence I have.

But I wanted the Data from Cahms to further support our evidence, however the consultant has tipped Cahms off as we have confronted the consultant and she has denied everything even though she has written it down and we have copes, so therefore Cahms have with held virtually everything.

They are worried as they have all been speaking and wont speak to us anymore directly, they say, I didn't give my permission for this to be released and there has been some misunderstanding.

Have you sent them a LBA giving them a further 7/14 days in which to respond to your legal request?

The next step would be to then lodge a formal complaint with the ICO to investigate, there is no requirement to take out a private claim against them just yet.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have you sent them a LBA giving them a further 7/14 days in which to respond to your legal request?

The next step would be to then lodge a formal complaint with the ICO to investigate, there is no requirement to take out a private claim against them just yet.

Yes, given them 14 days but they have with held the information like I have said, on the grounds it will affect my sons therapy cause his distress, however he know nothing about the SAR how many 12 year olds would lol. We as parents have shielded him from the case like most parents would.

The ICO have no powers to obtain the information, they have said they are not medical professionals

Assuming that by "full parental capacity" you mean "full parental responsibility" - CAHMS are entitled to withhold certain information, usually information from third parties and information which may be detrimental to the child. For more information about this, go to ico.org.uk or NHSEngland if you haven't already done so.

Making sure you do it in writing, (i) you could press CAHMS further for all the information they have about your child which you believe they have unreasonably withheld (give examples) (ii) remind them that they owe a duty of care to both the child and to you, as parents, so you can better take care of your child and (iii) threaten them with court action if they fail to do so.

I don't quite understand your third paragraph.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THIS FIELD OF LAW

Assuming that by "full parental capacity" you mean "full parental responsibility" - CAHMS are entitled to withhold certain information, usually information from third parties and information which may be detrimental to the child. For more information about this, go to ico.org.uk or NHSEngland if you haven't already done so.

Making sure you do it in writing, (i) you could press CAHMS further for all the information they have about your child which you believe they have unreasonably withheld (give examples) (ii) remind them that they owe a duty of care to both the child and to you, as parents, so you can better take care of your child and (iii) threaten them with court action if they fail to do so.

I don't quite understand your third paragraph.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THIS FIELD OF LAW

We are our sons biological parents, the ICO have told us that even if we go to them and ask them to investigate what they have with held they have no powers to see the DATA and as they are not medical professional they cannot make a decision if the DATA will cause harm and distress.

FYI, Cahms have no DATA that would cause distress or harm, they are being difficult, further more the NHS gave us all their DATA which contains the same type of DATA Cahms hold. They know they have been caught out, just trying to cover up by not giveing us the DATA and using the distress option to with hold.

My son is a CaHMS for minor problems s nothing drastic, so no reason why I cannot see the DATA.