Parking eye & equita

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

, 2 years ago this month I parked in Morrison's car park to meet a friend for coffee

I was in there over 2 hours just by 10 -15 minutes

they kept sending letters which I ignored as looking up that's what people said to do.

I've just received letter from equita saying the debt is 185 pounds now and if I ignore I'd be stupid as they've just won a case with beavis??

And they would tell parking eye to proceed with court,

can anyone advise best way to deal with this,

is this a debt or an invoice can it be enforced if the car park don't charge for parking?

Equita have replaced DR+ as PEs debt collector of choice. The reason being that Crapita own both...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03168371/officers

We shall see more of these I suspect as PE are trawling their ' back catalogue ' of ignorers.

As you have ignored everything else then do the same with this and hope you do not get a LBA, which you must NOT ignore.

I would suggest complaining vigorously to Morrisons about the harassment you are receiving from PE, but you must not name the driver, only write as the RK.

Same thing got through post today (8 Dec 2015) too!

Parking Eye and Equita are in for a very very very very (did I say very?) profitable 2016 with this scrapping of the barrel tactic! :|

Find it strange was unable to give me any warning that passing to Equita after 2 years, 8 months and the other 2 years, 4 months.

Yep!

Received two collection instructions from Equita in the post today.

After speaking to Equita today (had no idea what the charges were for as there was no reference to date, time or locations x 2) and the fact they made a point of referencing the Beavis case in their letter, I am seeking advice on what to do as I think bailiffs will be arriving at some point if dont pay and if they do means added 'charges'. (Not that got any assets to take anyway :-))

Say this because you have to bear in mind, letter NOT from Parking Eye.

Means dealing with Equita; who referred me back to Parking Eye as "just following instructions", meaning only Parking Eye or court can cancel these demands.

This tactic of over 2 years+ with no further communication then passing on for collection is unreasonable to be accepted sitting down :evil:

Whether doing it to get even more out of the Beavis case and gloat, there has to be some reasoning behind this and not just profit.

Got to find out whether is legal or just plain out and out illegal bullying.

Am certain more will be adding their similar story here over coming weeks.

BTW: This recognised website shows which ones do and which ones dont proceed to court

As you have ignored everything else then do the same with this and hope you do not get a LBA, which you must NOT ignore.

I would suggest complaining vigorously to Morrisons about the harassment you are receiving from PE

Good intentions Armadillo71, however I think too late for Morrison to do anything with the harassment (unless work to a 2yr+ complaint schedule) as they 'employed' Parking Eye and hoping cant help at this stage in my view :|

Then again I could be wrong.

Thank you all for your replies I actually thought this had gone away, it's mad how they give you 2 hours at the shop but also other shops and eating establishments attached to the car park I don't feel rising enough.

As predicted many forums have this question posed today :evil:

The vague demands beg to be ignored and am awaiting the next letter from Equita.

• No date
  • No time
  • No location
  • No photographic images
  • No date of when 'recent' letter was sent

Burden of proof is with ParkingEye and as haven't passed any to Equita, is a def ignore for now (for me) because how expected to pay up for vagueness?

Perhaps seeking another test case to gloat some more if successful in pulling this mass mailing off.

Sent complaint to britishparking.co.uk about this tactic. With inbox full of this type of complaint doubt will be able to get back to me for now.

I've received the exact same letter today, totally out of the blue, haven't heard anything from them for at least a year, infact can't even remember myself when the original fine was sent, I nearly called them but decided against it, if I ignore this letter is the next step bailiffs at my door 😁

I've received the exact same letter today, totally out of the blue, haven't heard anything from them for at least a year, infact can't even remember myself when the original fine was sent, I nearly called them but decided against it, if I ignore this letter is the next step bailiffs at my door 😁

No it's not.

Two years ago I got done twice in a Morrisons.

1 for 10 mins which I ignored and

one later in the year for 40 mins (Baby feeding) which they acted upon and which I fought all the way to CC. while Beavis was pending.

No sympathy or support from CC judge.

(Baby feeding irrelevant) (nice guy)

Found against and paid up.

Now like others here I got this "fishing expedition" letter referring back to the earlier incident (I assume) as no details included. I

'm very happy about the fact that I never gave Morrisons my custom again since then and I would urge others to do the same.

Their financial position presently reflects the flight of consumers anyway.

Interestingly in my court case I referred to the fact that Morrisons website then and still does offer "Free parking at this store"with no t&c attached, and this constituted part of the contract I accepted with Morrisons to shop there.

That argument only failed because I was honest enough to tell the court I only became aware of the web site after the fact.

Judge paid some detailed attention to it.

Its worth noting that should any of these come to action again.

Someone more leaned than me might elaborate this point.

this is a nice Christmas present from Morrisons.

There are other food outlets :smile:

ALl you have to do is contact morrisons head office, supply a copy of your receipt and times in shop, along with what you were doing. It will get cancelled.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D