Vodafone mistakes and falsehoods..... Vodafone Ref #12112514

clemma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a long story.....

On Wednesday 2nd December at approximately 19.15 I upgraded one of our moniles. At 19.45 I received an text message confirming this and it stated the delivery would be made to our old address. So, I called you and spoke to someone who said she would change the address on the delivery. You did have my new address but had failed to delete my old one! The woman I spoke to put me on hold - after 20 minutes someone else came on the line and had no idea what I was on about. So I went through it again. He couldn't do anything and advised me to call back Thursday morning. By the end of the call I had spent over 2 hours on the phone (including waiting times).

Thursday morning at 8am I called and spoke to someone. First he contacted the warehouse and found the phone was still there. However, the people at the warehouse, for some unfathomable reason, would not change the address on the parcel. Nor would they stop it from being despatched. Very strange. So, the person I was speaking to said he would send a redirection form to DPD with the correct address. After about an hour on the phone, he assured me this had been done.

That evening I received a text message telling me that the phone was now with DPD and gave me the tracking details. So I tracked the parcel. Well, wouldn't you know, but it was set to be delivered to my OLD address still. So I called Vodafone again, spent yet another hour and a half on the phone, and got absolutely no where.

Friday morning I checked the DPD website again. It still had my old address. So I called Vodafone yet again. After explaining the situation for the umpteenth time, the person I spoke to called DPD whilst I was on hold and sent them an email to confirm the address change. I was assured all would be ok. This took nearly another hour.

At 9.43am I received a text message telling me the phone would be delivered between 14.43 and 15.43 to my OLD address. Again! This time I called DPD who assured me they had received absolutely nothing from Vodafone. He was not allowed to contact the driver to stop him delivering the phone and the only thing he could do was delay the delivery by a week!

So, I found myself on the phone to Vodafone again. After a 20 minute wait I spoke to someone (it was around 10.15). She sent another redirection form to DPD. She then called DPD to check they had received it. I was on hold the whole time and after 30 minutes, she kindly HUNG UP on me. So I called back, spent another 15 minutes waiting before the call was answered. This time, the person spoke to DPD and actually got back to me. They hadn't received the information but I was told the address would be changed and I would receive the phone on Monday 7th December.

All told, including waiting times, I spent around 6 hours trying to sort this out. I am not happy at all, to say the least.

I sent the above by email on Friday 4th December. When I got a reply it said to chat to someone on live chat about it. This was Saturday evening at approximately 18.15. So I did. After 30 minutes of chatting and me explaining that all these calls would cost me £42 in charges (I had to use a landline as my mobile does not work, hence the early upgrade) I was told that, as a goodwill gesture, Vodafone would credit my account with £50. Sorted. Or so I thought. This morning my new bill was produced and the £50 credit isn't showing. I did yet another live chat and was told there was a delay but that the credit wouldn't appear until next months bill (conveniently). but a priority had been placed on it to ensure it was done within 24 hours.

I double checked the bill about 10am and noticed a couple of discrepancies and charges on there (namely being charged £16.50 for 0.3 gb of data usage). i was told tough, basically. What had happened was that my partner got a text to say he was near his allowance and to text back to get an additional 2GB of data for £10, which he did. He was also charged £6.50 for going over his 1GB of allowance. A few days ago he called Vodafone and double checked that this extra 2GB of data isn't an extra for every month and he was told he could cancel it from the 8th December (his billing date). So he did. Except Vodafone cancelled it from that day! Anyway, I got no where with that on the phone so i now have to pay £16.50 for 0.3 GB of data which is unfair.

I also asked about the £50 credit, to which I was told I would not be getting. This is despite being told by 2 people, on live chat, that I would.

To say I angry right now is an understatement. And I still haven't received the new phone. Apparently I should get that tomorrow.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, you are still within the cooling off period so if you want to wash your hands of this, now is the time to do so.

On the other hand, we have had some success with the VF rep so you could use the following form to make contact with the web team

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Ensure you follow the instructions fully and post up to this thread the automated reply number you should get.

I am going to edit your title somewhat as certain words can cause you and CAG issues then I will add a twitter link that should get their attention.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Email ref #12112514

Added to thread title.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert