dcbl - notice of enforcement re New Generation Parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dcbl notice of enforcement re: new generation parking fine

I have received letters from NGP and now dcbl demanding £340 by 9 December . I parked in a disabled bay in Asda in Leckwith on 7/4/15. I did so at the time because all the parent and child spaces were full. I had my children, a 2 year old and a 3 month old, in the car. The other parking spaces are too narrow for my car and do not allow me to take a car seat out of the door!! I was not prepared to park very far away from the store to have no other cars near as I would have had to walk a distance to the store to fetch a special trolley that accommodates car seats.(these trolleys are only kept by the store entrance ) I did not want to leave my children unattended for such a period of time - my 3 month old son was born with special needs and required constant supervision. Ironically he has a condition that would qualify him as disabled but no blue badges are issued to babies!

What should I do? I really don't feel I should pay this fine out of principle but I do feel threatened by the enforcement.

I'm currently in the hospital with my son since last Monday as he is very poorly and am not sure when we will be home. If I don't pay by Wednesday then they'll add another £265 to the fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have enough to worry about at the moment :(

Hi Hawk73 and welcome to CAG

I have moved your post to your own thread rather than hijack an existing thread...you can still subscribe to that thread to follow the other posters developments.

Regards

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So did you ever appeal against this ticket?

Although DCBL are bailiffs, and think they are god almighty in light of their show on CH5, unless they have obtained a ccj against you, then they are simply trying to con you out of lots of money, and are acting way above their pay grade.

When was the ticket issued?

Did you respond as the driver or the keeper, if at all?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

April 2015 the ticket was issued. I did not appeal as I looked on forums when I initially had the fine and the general advice was to ignore all correspondence. A few friends have had fines over the years and ignored the initial letter and have never heard anything since! Are they pursuing this because it was a disabled parking space?

Notice of enforcement issued on 1 December and they expect payment by 5pm on 9 December.

Ignoring PPC's is the old advice, now all they do if you ignore them is obtain a CCJ by default.

How was the ticket issued, On screen, in the post?

So the date of offence was 07/04/15, how long after that did you receive the NTK?

What does the 'Notice of enforcement' actually say?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I received the fine by post. There was nothing put on the car on the day.

The notice states that it has been sent because I have not paid New Generation Parking Ltd £100 . The enforcement details state 'no valid disabled badge displayed.' Administration and enforcement fees are £240 on top of this making the total sum outstanding at £340. They will adding an additional £265 if I do not pay by 9 December .

It says on the bottom:

'If you do not pay or agree a payment arrangement by the date above, an enforcement agent may visit you to open lines of communication . These actions will increase the costs of enforcement and these costs will be added to the amount already owed'

What is a NTK?

There is no legal requirement to disply a Blue Badge on private land. If properly defended they will probably have a hard time in court trying to justify the penalty they have imposed especially if an occupant of the car is disabled. I bet that if you went back to the shopping centre there are no signs stating that a BB must be displayed.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Make sure you read the other threads and understand the meaning of these letters. DCBL are sending them out and misleqading people into thinking that court action (by implication) has been taken and they are enforcing the 'debt'. This is nothing of the sort. They are just trying to collect on a private parking ticket and adding there spurious fees to it.

There is no enforcement at all. It has to go to court first and that is unlikely as they will get a good slap from a decent judge.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I've seen from other threads that people have been in a similar situation to me. What has been the end result for them? Did they end up paying or did the whole thing just die away? I will not be paying their demand for £340 by Wednesday but will I continue to be pursued by these people?

This matter has only appeared on our radar in the last couple of months and it is a new phenomenon so it is far too early to say what will happen. All we can say is what is most likely to happen (i.e nothing)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Whatever they try and do isnt legit so just ignore them. Complain to the MoJ and actionfraud about their letters passing themselves off as having bailiff powers when they are mere debt collectors withour a provable debt to collect. This is attempting to abtain an advantage by misrepresentation under the Theft Act 2006

As I have said on other threads, formal complaints have been made to DVLA and the British Parking Association about these letters. The Ministry of Justice are also aware of the letters and so to are the High Court Enforcement Officers Association. In the case of the BPA, both DCBL and New Generation Parking are members and without their membership, NGP will not be allowed to have access to DVLA records. Both companies (DCBL and New Generation Parking) have to abide by the British Parking Association's Code of Parking and this is currently being investigated.

Once I have responses I will update the forum.

For the avoidance of doubt, DCBL are threatening to enforce a 'debt' that has never been the subject of court proceedings. No judgment has ever been issued and finally, they are NOT permitted to charge fees as outlined in these dreadful letters.

Over the weekend I put a new page on my website about letters from another enforcement company (this time Equita Ltd) chasing debts for a separate private parking company (this time ParkingEye). Last night I received three individual enquiries about letters that had been received from Equita Ltd.

At least in the case of Equita Ltd they are not attempting (yet) to charge 'enforcement' fees although they are requesting £150 which is £50 more that the parking charge notice. Naturally the letters arelittered with reference to the ParkingEye v Beavis case.

With Capita Ltd acquiring ParkingEye in late 2013 they would naturally use Equita to send out these letters.

A few weeks time will tell whether the public are staying away from the high streets and taking instead to the internet for their purchases. If so, maybe the government will sit up and realise what a dreadful mess was made of the Protection of Freedoms Act with regards to private parking.

BA, I thought making references to the Beavis case was a no no ATM as it is still to be finalised? Besides they only agreed with one point didn't they?

Over the weekend I put a new page on my website about letters from another enforcement company (this time Equita Ltd) chasing debts for a separate private parking company (this time ParkingEye). Last night I received three individual enquiries about letters that had been received from Equita Ltd.

At least in the case of Equita Ltd they are not attempting (yet) to charge 'enforcement' fees although they are requesting £150 which is £50 more that the parking charge notice. Naturally the letters arelittered with reference to the ParkingEye v Beavis case.

With Capita Ltd acquiring ParkingEye in late 2013 they would naturally use Equita to send out these letters.

A few weeks time will tell whether the public are staying away from the high streets and taking instead to the internet for their purchases. If so, maybe the government will sit up and realise what a dreadful mess was made of the Protection of Freedoms Act with regards to private parking.

I have a feeling if pushed these cretinous greedy DCBL shower may try court with their fees and hope they get a Beavis result by relying on that case as a Precedent.

Bazooka Boo, looking at their MO they are likely to try it just as in the old days bailiffs relied on that old chestnut Observer V Gordon to snatch third party goods.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Of the letters I have seen they are all "old" tickets nearly 2 years old. Very akin to to some asking for more in a renactment of a Dickens novel.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of the letters I have seen they are all "old" tickets nearly 2 years old. Very akin to to some asking for more in a renactment of a Dickens novel.

I can only see Parking Eye trying it on with these old tickets like DCBL by sending Equita ThreatOgrams. Problem is Parking Eye will do court, they may well be emboldened by that dreadful judgment and push their luck. Hopefully if they try to justify Equita's fees they will come unstuck.

Capita has too many fingers in too many pies, as in it has too much control over local government day to day activities, it is corrosive to our democracy, and could be compared with the corrupt OCP corporation that is the evil controlling power in the Paul Verhoven Robocop film. It's greed knows no bounds as evidenced by it's purchase of Parking Eye. The logical step has been taken, use Equita to collect on PE invoices.

Edited by brassnecked
Off on one.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What did you do in the end about this? I am in a similar situation but originally appealed (and was ignored) and now am getting several letters off DCBL for silly amounts of money. I'm wondering whether to follow Parking Cowboy's advice and write to DCBL denying the debt and to ask them to stop harassing me.. or carry on ignoring....

They suggest this letter:

[My address]

[Today’s date]

Your reference: [Reference from the debt collection letter]

Dear Sir / Madam,

I received your letter dated [Date from their letter]

The debt is denied and I will not make any payment in the absence of a county court judgement. Please refer the matter back to your client.

Please do not contact me again. Any further correspondence from you will be considered harassment and will be reported to the appropriate authority.

Yours faithfully,

[Your name]

I haven't paid and no other letters have arrived......yet! Is there anyone that you know who is further along this process? Has anyone received a visit from DCBL and what was the outcome?