• Tweets

• I read through that today. It’s interesting, but can SWIM use the planning permission as a defence?   Also florence’s case is quite different. They have since put signage up relating to number plates as far as I am aware. Also she had her ticket as proof of payment. As I said before SWIM dose not as it was thrown away. 
    • Further, i contacted the Torbay Planning Department by telephone and email and they did an investigation for me going back to 1991 and they emailed me back staying there is NO APPLICATION OR GRANTED PERMISSION FOR ANYONE (Land owner or Leese) TO ERECT ANPR OR SIGNAGE FOR ENFORCEMENT OR FOR ANY REASON IN THE CROSSWAYS CAR PARK. So i really hope that helps someone else.     
    • Vehicle was hit today. Really annoying.   A supermarket van had illegally parked on double yellow lines to deliver its crate of food. The lines were on a main road to the corner of a small street.   My car came out of the small street very slowly - like 1-2mph.    The main road had a build up of traffic.  The large van had blocked any ability to see to the left and if any traffic was coming from the left.    So I just had to drive super slow.   As my car started to edge left into the main road a car came fast from the left (on the opposite side of the road - but it was over the centre line)  My car stopped to avoid the fast car - which was fine; nothing happened.  But all of a sudden my car and the van were "attached". I don't know how it really happened.   As I was turning I had had enough space to turn without hitting the van; yet suddenly the rear square-end (and sharp) bumper of the van was embedded in the passenger side of my car. No damage at all to the van.    But the van took a gouge out of the car - at the joint of the passenger door and rear side panel.   The only possible explanation is that the van started to reverse across the exit of the small road at the same time as I was exiting and the driver just didn't see my car.  This is the only way the two can have hit.  I have good spatial awareness and I would not have misjudged the space. No-one was hurt; the van is fine; my car needs to be mended.   So where does the guilt lie?     The van parked illegally on double yellow lines obstructing line of vision and vehicle safe exit from a road?  The van reversing without looking?    Or mine?    The driver immediately said I was to blame.   I took photos of the van reg and how it was parked. It was minor but I was stressed and a bit emotional as it is the first "accident" I have had...    I didn't take the driver's details nor did I give mine. The driver asked me to delete the photos.  I refused. Then I drove off.   Shall I get a quote for the repairs?    Is it worth contacting the insurance?    Will they apportion the blame?    I've never made a car insurance claim.    
    • Yes I have seen other posts on here relating to them. I know that they do take people to court even when it seems they know they will lose. My question would be without a ticket what proof dose SWIM have and what case can SWIM make to defend themselves.    Presumably the Courts in Devon must be tired of having to deal with PPS cases?
    • hoho we know it very well   https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=Crossway Centre Paignton&oq=Crossway Centre Paignton&gs_l=partner-generic.12...17467.17467.0.19981.1.1.0.0.0.0.77.77.1.1.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.0...2.34.partner-generic..1.0.0.inibz-lzog0
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
maggie60

blemain/together mortgage - now on 3rd eviction notice - Friday 11th Dec

Brilliant news - told you you'd be OK :)

Glad duty legals were there, they can be a great help.

Always worth chasing any charges which are unfair.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Excellent:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks guys, can a monthly arrears charge of £50 (when you break an agreement) which with interest will grow exponentially be regarded as fair? To me, it's a penalty that is inflicted on the most vunerable, but one could argue that we have been made aware of the charge. How would a court look upon it?

I personally wouldn't be poking the bear...concentrate on clearing the arrears.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I personally wouldn't be poking the bear...concentrate on clearing the arrears.

What if the bear is having a snooze under a tree after feasting on all the repaid arrears - can he be poked then?

No harm in trying :wink:

No harm in trying :wink:

Any precedents - I've been looking but can't find any direct ones. Some where BF's loan has been written off when taking advantage of vunerable clients. This was at a high court level.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Excellent news.

Thanks dx, that's the sort of thing I need, so let's get the arrears sorted, then an SAR and use the spreadsheet calculator and see what they offer.

You were losing it a bit with the two of them, weren't you, dx.

Please fill in your quit date here