BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1540 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

I recently screwed up at work, and ended up with a disciplinary from a manager who has been waiting for this

I made a change to a live system without an appropriate Change Control in place (That being said, I wrote the Change Control Process and its been completely ignored since January this year). We never lost any data, and everything was back to normal in the morning.

I got hauled to a meeting where I was told that "this will go on your permanent record", at which point I asked "will I lose my job", and the response was "no, but you will get a written warning".... fast forward to 16 days later, and the post arrives to tell me that I have a meeting this week.

I already have evidence to prove that the disciplinary process isnt being applied fairly (someone else made a change recently and whilst it screwed with some systems it was completely ignored, and the manager that has raised the disciplinary has already managed to down some systems when he was upgrading things during the day without telling anyone), how do I proceed?

Recently the manager thats raised the Disciplinary has been *really* and I mean extremely micromanaging me, and has also tagged on a complaint about a completely unrelated item which was only added right at the last second in the "investigatory" meeting - which I was not told was an investigatory meeting at all.

I have the relevant parts of the ACAS Guidelines which state everything should be fair.

Thanks in advance......

JA

Take your union rep or a colleague with you

Don't bother with "so and so was treated differently to me" - fair in this context doesn't mean "everyone is treated identically" - you have a right for the process to be followed, that's all. Because you wrote the change control process it's to be expected you would be held to a higher standard of compliance with it.

Focus on apologising for your oversight and clarifying that it will not happen again.

Leave aside your micromanagement comments too - they will not help your position. Have a think about how to improve the working relationship though.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!