Gift while on benefits

millie111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi not sure whether i'm in the rite place but here goes my mom died in 2014 and left me £35000 it was an awful time she died of lung cancer due to a hospital blunder not noticing her xray a year on and i nursed here threw it.

I started online gambling on the slots when she was dying stupid as i no, i lost it all i've never claimed housing benefit before and always worked i lost my job 4 months after and ended up having to claim h/b and c/t benefit and go on to jsa untill i got another job

housing benefit and c/tax has been stopped due to deprivation of capital

i have been seeing a counselor for addiction to gambling and i haven't gambled for 5 weeks now and i feel really good sent all housing benefit my bank statements and they asked everything and told then the truth

my jsa stopped a week later and my working tax too all threw this and i'm living on £20.20 child benefit for me and my son i did strat a full time job 3 weeks after all my benefits have stopped as we would of been thrown out of our home

how will this turn out ive appealed it and heard nothing yet im ashamed of wht ive done and feel sick everyday i nearly ended it all untill i had to tell my family and no ive opened up about my addiction

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

As I read it you've started full-time work so you possibly don't need these benefits anyway now.

Were you in employment when you blew the 35 grand? Were you receiving any means-tested benefits then. If you lost the money before you lost your job and were not claiming benefits then it is debatable whether the deprivation was done to claim more benefits,(because you weren't on any) unless they can prove you knew you were going to lose your job in the future.

hi i paid full rent no benefits only working tax credit then when i lost my job went on to h/b c/t and jsa and received nothing since, they stopped my jsa as soon as c/t and h/b had stopped with no answer so ive had nothing but £20.20 child benefit to live on for me and my son age 13 i started work 23/11/2015 full time but dont get paid till dec 23rd claimed working tax and they have stopped that i dont get any child tax due to an overpayment that will not start till april 2016

You say you did o not get any CTC because of an overpayment. They cannot take 100% of the award off you whilst you are unemoloyed, only 10%.

Why did they stop your JSA? Did you ask them when you signed on? Did they mention the 35 grand?The council often stop HB and CTR if someone tells them your circumstances have changed, even if this is for the worse. You should have gone and explained what had happened to the council.

From what you said the only means-tested benefit you were on when you blew the money was WTC, which is not affected by capital, so I can't see how it was done to increase your benefit claim.

hi they said i've had all what i'm entitled too but will kick back in april 2016 they stopped my jsa as housing benefit told them about the £35000 found that out today i explained to the council as soon as i started to claim h/b and ct benefit and gave them all my bank statements as they asked, explained i had a gambling addiction and i am getting help for it its with appeal but im already in 600 rent arrears due to not getting paid till 23rd dec due to them stopping everything