DSRs - I'm confused

hightail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was under the impression that if I ordered something online and chose to return the goods then return costs were my responsibility and I would be refunded the price of the goods plus the original delivery (P&P) charges.

I was just about to place an order for something with a company and on reading their T&Cs

found that they will only refund the price of the goods if I return them.

I'm not expecting to want to send it back but I'm a bit put off shopping with them because of this clause.

Have I got this wrong?

depending on the particular circumstances. in brief, re the new rights;

'Refunding the cost of delivery The trader has to refund the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place, so if you opted for enhanced service eg guaranteed next day, it only has to refund the basic cost...'

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

don't forget the new consumer rights act now over rides all of this

dsr is dead.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks guys. It was just basic delivery charges I was talking about and we aren't talking a huge amount of money but I do find it offputting when a company tries to circumvent regs in their T&Cs. I suppose with a small, family firm they could have T&Cs on their website which they haven't updated for years. Maybe I'll contact them and let them know why I didn't complete the order.

also, if returning faulty

'If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, The Consumer Contracts Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights. Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.' which

Faulty goods I'd have been much more sure about. I have no reason to suppose there would be any problem and if I weren't the sort to check T&Cs I'd probably have placed the order and all would have gone smoothly. It probably is the case that their T&Cs were written long ago and they've never amended that part of their website, if so they've lost a sale because of it. It won't matter to them, the vast majority of people never check the small print :)