Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I have been on the receiving end of a constant stream of letters, threats and bullying from a company called Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Ltd for over 5 years for a debt I do not recognise so last week I decided to contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority.   They have been very helpful and are investigating.   They are not interested in financial disputes at all but do seem very interested in hearing complaints about the tactics used by this company.   If you have a genuine complaint about how Mortimer Clarke Solicitors are dealing with you please contact Mr Melvyn Davis at S.R.A. his email is [email protected]   Please don't go into detail about the debt, that is not his job, just the tactics they are using.   I have given him a full account of my 5 year+ experience i.e. late evening phone calls, over 5 years of letters every month, sending Engage Ltd to my address (part of Marstons I think) etc etc you name it, they have tried it but have never actually brought any action against me.   Please contact Mr Davis with your genuine complaints about Mortimer Clarke Solicitors and your experiences.     
    • What did they claim you did that even only being there for 29 seconds was enough to warrant a PCN?
    • piers setting himself up for an early start on his show on one of Murdocks new already approved UK faux news channels   https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/piers-morgan-gmb-meghan-markle-alex-beresford-b1814352.html
    • Exactly BF. Barclays Partner Finance at their Head Office are the people I would expect to issue to. But I am asking here whether anybody thinks I should actually be issuing to them or to the parent bank (Clydesdale who own BPF, or Barclays who own Clydesdale? 
    • Well I'm just butting in on this thread and I don't really know at all what's going on – but what I am certain of is that if you decide to take a legal action against somebody – it means that you have a plan to do so. This means that you understand the route, the threat you are going to make, what you are asking for, and when the deadline for the threat has expired then issue the action – no delays, no discussion – nothing. So I understand here that you not even sure who you are going to sue. This means that effectively you may not even have sent your letter of claim to the correct party.
  • Our picks

    • Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 27 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

What to do if you have no signal and the operator does nothing?


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1916 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Need some advice here as I have ran out of ideas. I am 11 months into a 24 month contract with O2, About 2 months ago my signal at home has gone from being average to non existent.

 

I let this run for about a month until I contacted O2, the time I contacted O2 they happened to be doing work in my area, I explained this has been an on going thing not a 1 day event, they wouldn't listen and put it down to this work being done. I contacted them several times over a week and got the same reply. I then contacted the CEO, they called me straight away in fairness and said the same thing.

 

A few days later O2 send me a text saying work has been completed but I still had no signal I contacted the CEO again who said wait another 24hrs, so I did and still no signal so I contacted them again and they avoided me and its been like that since.

 

I lodged an official complaint and got an auto responder saying they would respond within 7 days, 7 days came and went no reply. I contacted customer services rather ****ed off at this stage, they transferred it to level 2 technical support who told me they would do an investigation and get back to me, of course they didn't so I contacted them again, they completed their investigation and told me I am in an area with very poor to no coverage, they told me there was nothing else they could do to help so sent me back to customer services to discuss my contract options, customer services said basically tough, signal is not guaranteed.

 

I lodged another complaint 7 days came and went no reply, contacted the CEO again and no reply so that's where I'm at now being avoided with no signal.

 

What do I do next?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you sure your emails are getting delivered? Why not tweet to them aswell :)

 

Yes as you get the auto responder. Yep I have tweeted them. They do reply until you give account details then silence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lodge your complaint with Ofcom now as I believe you can be released from your contract. The other option is to see if the operator does a phemtocell linked to your broadband.

 

Ah yes technical support offered me one of those at a price of £150.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right another update on this. Network support contacted me today, after carrying out tests they said they are surprised I ever had signal to begin with. I was passed to customer support who said best they can do is wave the air time part of contact and I pay the price of the handset which is £200 remaining, I said I will return handset then they said no can do. Is this a good deal or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK first of all

 

No more phone calls. You want everything in writing,

 

I would do a letter before action now to the ceos office

Refer to that deal offered by customer services

 

State that although a step in the right direction, it is insufficient to restore your trust in the brand after the expense of trying to get this resolved and of course the month or so you have paid for whilst receiving no service. State that when you took out the contract (and I am assuming they did) that they did a preliminary test to see if you could receive signal at your address.

 

Therefore, unless they are willing to release you from your contract Scott free, plus reimburse you for time spent without service *AND* allow you to keep or return the handset, you will issue a small claims action for breach of contract and that paying for a service that was delivered and then withdrawn unilaterally would be a unfair term and therefore unenforceable

 

Send registered post, keep proof of postage and delivery attached to a copy

 

Give them 14 days to respond positively or you will go ahead with the court action. (BUT only do this if you are willing to do so)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 

 

 

 

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...